hood insulator

4601S/C

Established Member
Mine was gone when I got my car. I would have taken it off if it was on though. People say the supercharger is louder with it off, and I love hearing her whine.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
What do you use to clean underneath when you take it off? I need to take mine off.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Mine didn't have one either. But with how the paint looks on the bottom of the hood I wish it had.

Gixxerride04

Established Member
Took mine off for awhile because it looked like crap, but then under the hood looked like crap because it was barely painted, so I ended up just painting the blanket flat black and it looks like new again.

Franco

Established Member
I still have mine. Took it off and sprayed it black. Underneath the blanket looked like crap so I opted to keep it. I have also heard the blanket is for fire suppression

cj428mach

Established Member
Both my cars didn't have the blanket when I got them. Id like to find a nice one to save.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I still have mine. Took it off and sprayed it black. Underneath the blanket looked like crap so I opted to keep it. I have also heard the blanket is for fire suppression

And it helps with the radio. LOL. It's only there for noise, mines been off forever. My hood was painted underneath though.

Franco

Established Member
And it helps with the radio. LOL. It's only there for noise, mines been off forever. My hood was painted underneath though.

Apparently my hood was painted on a Friday at 4:30 cause they were definitely in a rush to get home so they decided not to paint the underside.

RichM1983

Established Member
Just so you know you can still get them at the various Mustang specialty stores. I believe they are even OEM Ford. I think the sell for around $175.

big dad

Established Member
One of the first mods I did when the car was new was the hood blanket mod, and it's still on but the car only has 2200 miles on it and it's never been in the rain. I'm with Sid on this one.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Just so you know you can still get them at the various Mustang specialty stores. I believe they are even OEM Ford. I think the sell for around $175.

Yes!

I replaced my water stained blanket, but I did remove the blanket from my GT500 without any issues.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
When mine got nasty looking over time I pulled it but my hood wasn't painted under it and it looked like crap. Bought a new one from Ford. Then I got a 2.9 Whipple Crusher and the inlet rubbed on it bad. Forced to remove it. Now inlet rubbed on hood directly. Cut some clearance in the hood, fiberglassed it in and re-painted underside of hood. Fixed.

dbrennancobra

Established Member
I got a new one for $175, couldn't Stand the white stain from water. Sprayed my old one and sold it for $65. Matthew wanted to give me $40 for it... Lol (sorry I had too)..

mjg11

MJG 11
Established Member
Mine was not fully painted when I took the hood blanket off. I fixed that my self I painted it.
IMG_3516.jpg

Bakerfish17

Established Member
Took mine off a while ago and no problems since. You can literally see heatwaves leaving the vents when you're stopped, the blanket retains so much heat.

Users who are viewing this thread