Help?!?!

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
Hmmm...

$525 dyno tune

Posted twice about his great dyno numbers and his badass toon.

Goes to the track and it's buzzing.

Priceless :rolling:

Cough up the $250 for an AED tune and thank us later.
Priceless huh?

Posted once about my dyno numbers (on a bama tune ;) )
It was buzzing on their tune. Then paid Aaron 300 bucks to re flash it with his tune. It's still buzzing and track MPH is low. What's the chances of both tunes having the same problem? I've already chucked out 600 bucks worth of tunes with no avail. I can't afford another 250 and find out later it's something wrong with my car OUTSIDE of the tune.

2014Mustang5oh

Established Member
^^^^ speaking of trolls.

See this is a positive recommendation of aed. If they were all like this I'm sure everyone would flock to him more than they do that is.

I agree. I have no doubt he is a good tuner and I would love for him to tune my car but at the same time I know Aaron is good too. I think my problem has to be outside of the tune. Bama and Aaron's tune is doing the exact same thing and Noone else has this problem with Aaron's tune

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
I wouldn't beat on my car until I got the issue resolved.

Weird a tuner would touch your car when it was "buzzing" before hand. Why not have this highly experienced individual look at it before he even tuned it to get to the bottom of the buzzing?

Seems moronic to take your brand new car with a Bama tune, beat on it at the track, dyno it, then have it retuned before resolving the problem, then go beat on it more. All while "buzzing" along. Lol

Last edited:

2014Mustang5oh

Established Member
I wouldn't beat on my car until I got the issue resolved.

Weird a tuner would touch your car when it was "buzzing" before hand. Why not have this highly experienced individual look at it before he even tuned it to get to the bottom of the buzzing?

Seems moronic to take your brand new car with a Bama tune, beat on it at the track, dyno it, then have it retuned before resolving the problem, then go beat on it more. All while "buzzing" along. Lol

I figured the buzzing had something to do with the bama tune so I had it completely reflashed and ran it again to see if I had fixed the problem or atleast run a faster time. He's not going to look at the car for free. The new tune ran everything exactly the same. Something is preventing my car from running a better ET Or MPH. I believe whatever is making the exhaust note change after I shift then go back to normal is why my car will not run any faster

mhyjek

Established Member
Any datalogs? Sounds like shaun gave you a bone and I would look at tvic along with the standard parameters and hit up your tuner. If he can't find anything I would send Shaun an email. I'm not a troll on here; he tuned my car in the past and did a great job. I have lund now do to my install with beefcake and I'm very happy with it. But I'm using a guy in my state and he is going to do some maf fab work with my paxton. But the one thing I will tell you all the good tuners know each other and usually very complimentary of each other. They all have there tricks/secrets but I've learned the good ones don't accept lack of results, and dyno or datalogs are a requirement, and if you have a good one they can look at the data and tell you if its mechanical or tune.

mhyjek

Established Member
I figured the buzzing had something to do with the bama tune so I had it completely reflashed and ran it again to see if I had fixed the problem or atleast run a faster time. He's not going to look at the car for free. The new tune ran everything exactly the same. Something is preventing my car from running a better ET Or MPH. I believe whatever is making the exhaust note change after I shift then go back to normal is why my car will not run any faster

One thing I can suggest is make sure you flash it back to stock then load up the new tune; there can be some tables that will stay and you get a hybrid tune.

2014Mustang5oh

Established Member
I just re read the entire thread and if I was to guess I would have to say torque management/clutch protection is stepping in and causing the bog because it wasnt disabled. No disrespect but the car isnt making enough power to make the clutch slip at hi rpm. Are you racing with TC turned off?

Sorry. Missed this comment. He said he turned torque management off and he wrote a tune that disables all TC, ABS and everything. All the lights on my dash come on when I run that tune. I switched between both of his tunes and no difference

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Return to stock, see if it still happens?:shrug:

Fwiw, some people have had more than 200+ passes on a stock clutch off a 2 step, I would exactly say the stock clutch is terrible. It has also been known to hold quite a bit of power. I know of some turbo cars on stock clutch :poke: .

Datalog the car and see what's going on. Do you have the SCT tuner and a laptop?

2014Mustang5oh

Established Member
Return to stock, see if it still happens?:shrug:

Fwiw, some people have had more than 200+ passes on a stock clutch off a 2 step, I would exactly say the stock clutch is terrible. It has also been known to hold quite a bit of power. I know of some turbo cars on stock clutch :poke: .

Datalog the car and see what's going on. Do you have the SCT tuner and a laptop?

I have the newest version of the SCT SF3 tuner but no laptop :(. And I agree I don't think the clutch is slipping. It doesn't feel like it. When I shift and I hear the buzzing it does feel like it's losing power then picks back up. I believe Shaun may be right. But how do I fix this?

Shaun@AED

Now we are talking. Lol how do I fix this?

Couple of things about this you should know.
1. It's 100% normal, we see it happen with any GT shifted over 7K.
2. It can be changed via tuning, but it's not easy.
3. It took me and Adam at RevAuto nearly a year of dyno and track testing to figure out how to correct it, and we have had limited success. We can cure the issue to 8000RPM, which is one of the reasons why we do not recommend going beyond 8K.

2014Mustang5oh

Established Member
Couple of things about this you should know.
1. It's 100% normal, we see it happen with any GT shifted over 7K.
2. It can be changed via tuning, but it's not easy.
3. It took me and Adam at RevAuto nearly a year of dyno and track testing to figure out how to correct it, and we have had limited success. We can cure the issue to 8000RPM, which is one of the reasons why we do not recommend going beyond 8K.

Check your messages please

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
But but these experts right here haven't heard of him so he clearly can't be good. I mean he has one run 10s in the 1/4 and it's still a NA car.

He has a mustang dyno here and I promise you anyone from NC And surrounding area has heard of him.

but but but you just said the car ran slower .10 than a can tune you had. hmmmm :shrug:

Last edited:

Mike Rousch

Established Member
Shaun is right (as usual), I have seen the VCT do this on plenty of auto cars. Op save the headache and just pay Shaun to get it right for you.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
OP…Like others have said..Shawn seems to know what the issue is. Spend the $250 and be done with it. I bought a used lap top on fleabay for $80 just to use for logging since all I have at home are Mac computers. I have been running Bama tunes for about a year and have had good success, but for $250, I'm gonna see what Shawn can do for me here soon.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread