Hellion Install

Doug1227

Established Member
image.jpg

Nuar

Established Member
So ****ING sick!
Good luck on the tune! Post some videos and results! :)
EDIT:

Quick question. What is that "guard" on your driver side valve cover? Where did you get that? It's not part of the kit is it?

Last edited:

Doug1227

Established Member
It's actually on both sides and it's a heat shield provided by Hellion. Give them a call and they can get you some! It can't possibly hurt as it relates to the coil packs.

Doug1227

Established Member
Man, this Friday can't get here fast enough! Why does time go so slow when you're amped about something!?!? LOL!

Brezick

Established Member
Mine is all done as well, but i left those valve cover heat shields off. I am lucky enough i got a gase tune and can still run the car around town.

As for the issue I had with the pass side, we decided to say F Hellions instructions. I removed the PCM bracket, bent it backwards and bolted it to a free spot in the fender while having the pipe going underneath it. works fine for me.

IMG_0060.JPG

Doug1227

Established Member
Yeah, sometimes you just have to make it work how you can! :) I had a few areas like that as well. It's a lot of stuff to fit in a small area!

Mine is all done as well, but i left those valve cover heat shields off. I am lucky enough i got a gase tune and can still run the car around town.

As for the issue I had with the pass side, we decided to say F Hellions instructions. I removed the PCM bracket, bent it backwards and bolted it to a free spot in the fender while having the pipe going underneath it. works fine for me.

Last edited:

Doug1227

Established Member
Can you elaborate on how you did this? Once I removed the fogs and started hacking, I may have eliminated their mounting points. I'm assuming you mean that they're not functional, right?

The gtcs fog lights can be used to fill the front valance holes just incase your wondering. It looks mean. Your build makes me miss mine dearly. Good luck with the rest of it!

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Can you elaborate on how you did this? Once I removed the fogs and started hacking, I may have eliminated their mounting points. I'm assuming you mean that they're not functional, right?

I used a dremel and did lots of test fits. Also, I did all the fittings with the lights in the valance. There is enough wiggle room with the pipes and most of the lights bracket had to be cut but they will fit. The drivers side required less shaving than the pass side if I remember correctly, but I was able to keep enough of the mounting points. The lights are fully functional.

2011 TT coyote intercooler by OveRBoreD302, on Flickr

I wish I had a pic of how much I had to cut away but I don't sorry. Just know they will fit and function.

Last edited:

Doug1227

Established Member
Oh well, I hacked the shit outta mine, so I doubt I'll ever be able to put them back in. I just assumed since Hellion's silver car had them removed, that it was a foregone conclusion that they had to be ditched.

Doug1227

Established Member
Dyno results are in!

Edit: I pasted the wrong video! Here's the right one!

[youtube_browser]erHeFwFoww0[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread