Hellion Install

Doug1227

Established Member
Do u have to cap off the bungs? I don't have the flow kit, but I can measure oz's of oil. I wouldn't think any would come out at the pan.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
HPP had a guy come out and build a custom A/C line on my Hellion Car....

So stupid that hellion says bending the line is "acceptable"

Doug1227

Established Member
I was planning on modifying my stock line since I had already modded it for my Killer Chiller when I was running my Kenne Bell. Once I realize that the key mod wasn't in the hose length, but rather the tight turn down at the access port, I figured it'd just be easier to buy something off the shelf. I'm sure the Hellion mod can work, but I'm really going overkill on mine to make sure I don't have any heat related issues down the road. Been there before......

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
FWIW, I moved my line and double wrapped it with heat wrap and insulation and have yet to encounter an issue with about 20k miles on the kit. I live in florida too so the summers are especially hot and brutal.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
FWIW, I moved my line and double wrapped it with heat wrap and insulation and have yet to encounter an issue with about 20k miles on the kit. I live in florida too so the summers are especially hot and brutal.

Oh, im sure it will work, it just bugs me...

When I installed my Hellion Kit that is exactly what I did, and it fit... But I would much rather to never ever have to worry about it.

Doug1227

Established Member
I'm trying to keep the heat off of the electric motors for the cutouts. They're close and thought that might help prolong their lives.

cb900f

Established Member
I'm trying to keep the heat off of the electric motors for the cutouts. They're close and thought that might help prolong their lives.

Makes sense. I mounted mine with the motors facing out. Picks up good power with them open (around 1 psi)

Brezick

Established Member
Did you have any trouble with the fuse box, passenger cold side? Maybe I just need more patience, but I can not see to get the box to get all the way flush with the mounting bracket. And the hold the silicon coupler is supposed to go through is really small with the power wire that runs through it.

Doug1227

Established Member
It's super tight. I put the passenger cold side (90+pipe+90) into that spot, then pushed the turbo down into the 90 and tightened it all up. The PCM was one of the last thing I did and its wedged in there pretty good!

Doug1227

Established Member
Putting the motors out on mine would have made the cutout location closer to the x. I wanted to keep it as close to the exhaust path as possible. I really like the ones that guys have done where it's right at the turn and just continues on straight. I used the oval cutouts though and that looked way more complicated. I went for simple and hopefully effective! Lol!

Doug1227

Established Member
I think I loosely installed the turbo, then mounted the ECU and PCM, then tightened everything up after I installed the downpipes.

Doug1227

Established Member
I made some more progress on the car this week. I put the bumper cover back on, got it on the ground and took it on a short test drive using the start up tune. I wanted to circulate the fluid sense I changed the converter. Everything went well and the final tune is scheduled for next Friday. Here are a few pics now that she's all back together.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread