Hellion Install

Doug1227

Established Member
The epoxy is SW Tile Clad High Solids 2-part epoxy. The clear is Rexthane Polyurethane. He did 2 coats of epoxy and one coat of clear. I had a guy off of Craigslist do it. $1200 for 600sq. ft.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
The epoxy is SW Tile Clad High Solids 2-part epoxy. The clear is Rexthane Polyurethane. He did 2 coats of epoxy and one coat of clear. I had a guy off of Craigslist do it. $1200 for 600sq. ft.

Thanks! And nice job with the car too:)

Torchy

Established Member
Nice build OP, looks great! Did you restrict the feed lines on the turbos? Or did you flow them hot? Getting any smoke?

Doug1227

Established Member
I bought the kit used and it included the restrictors on the oil feed lines. I think I may be getting some oil smoke, but I'm also burning off a lot of residual stuff right now, so I'm not positive. I haven't flowed it yet, but probably will just to make sure. I can't stand a car that smokes out of the exhaust, so I'll do whatever I need to prevent that!

Doug1227

Established Member
I charged the AC last night. I ended up buying the Armageddon modified AC line as I really liked getting it down and away from the hotside. It has a modified metal end that basically points it straight down and then it comes back up to the compressor. This keeps all of the rubber line away from the header and downpipe. Charged the system with freon last night and it's blowing a nice 44* at the vent! Yes! I've got just a couple more items to test and I'll be putting the bumper cover back on and taking it around the block. I need to work it through all of the gears and get it warm so I can check the transmission fluid level. I didn't lose hardly any when I pulled the stock converter, and I put one quart in the new converter, so I don't think it will need much, but I want to make sure. I won't be building the tranny (knock on wood) until next year.

image.jpg

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I like that line. They came out with it after I had already installed my kit but it's definitely a nice piece. Do you have any installed pictures of it?

Doug1227

Established Member
I don't, but you can't even see it from the top! From the hard line by the battery, it turns straight down and loops back up to the compressor. There's only about 6" of hose that's within 2" of the downpipe. I wrapped just that part just to be safe.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Right on. I'm doing an install for a customer and might have him buy that line, just to be safe. I've had mine moved/wrapped for about 20k miles without an issue but it was a pain in the ass moving that line. lol

Torchy

Established Member
I bought the kit used and it included the restrictors on the oil feed lines. I think I may be getting some oil smoke, but I'm also burning off a lot of residual stuff right now, so I'm not positive. I haven't flowed it yet, but probably will just to make sure. I can't stand a car that smokes out of the exhaust, so I'll do whatever I need to prevent that!

Thats cool. Yeah run it through all the gears and get all that residual burnt off before you start restricting it. Some need it, some don't. Flowing them is easy but make sure and do it hot.

I made a custom AC line, SS braided and heat wrapped lol.

Users who are viewing this thread