Hellion 4-inch Downpipe Picss

Onelfastlride

Established Member
You will get lower spool and 20-30RWHP

Is that from your experience or just repeating something you heard? I'm not sure it would help his current set up. I'm sure it depends of his horse power levels and a few other things. It could be like adding a 3" exhaust to a stock GT Mustang.

As far as spool time and all this. I experienced a little later spool, no other changes. If you think about it, I believe this to be expected. It is like adding a larger AR. Larger AR will spool later and make better peak power not choking off up top. Adding a larger down pipe also reduces backpressure and not choking off up top. A smaller AR will spool quicker and produce more mid range power. It's a trade off, what you lose at one point in the rpm range you gain back in another.

My opinion............on a smaller turbo like that, sub 600rwhp, a 4" dp is not neccessary.

ScottsdaleSnake

Silver Bullet
Established Member
well, that was a pretty bad choice of symbols to use as a response to his post....

FTW = for the win

ok settle down internet tough guy. why would you even bother to insert yourself in the mistake i made between me and a another person. I don't need another perosn to point out my error. Anyway, thanks for explaining FTW to me...I appreciate it.

ScottsdaleSnake

Silver Bullet
Established Member
I wrote WTF as in What the F@#k. The symbol you posted means bullshit. Nothing wrong with the down pipe. I had some issues with the shop and I'll leave it at that. It's in the past.

So sorry to hear you had problems with the shop...that's always frustrating. I understand it's a sensitive issue but maybe if you explain what happened and what led up to the incident, you can help other fellow relatively new members to watch out for a shop doing the things they did to you. You have the opportunity to help many people avoid similar mistakes! Isn't that a great idea? I hope you reconsider....Good luck with your Cobra...it looks awesome!:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread