Hellion 4-inch Downpipe Picss

TRBO VNM

spoke to them today. they can oval that pipe as well to try and gain some clearance from the fan and coolant tube. they have had a couple so far with no issues as long as the pipe is wrapped. I think they have 1 more pipe ready to send out. these do come with a bung tig welded into the downpipe.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
spoke to them today. they can oval that pipe as well to try and gain some clearance from the fan and coolant tube. they have had a couple so far with no issues as long as the pipe is wrapped. I think they have 1 more pipe ready to send out. these do come with a bung tig welded into the downpipe.

Jason, can you let me know how the oval pipe works out? I'm ready to buy when you are ready to sell. I want the bung welded in for the wideband as well. Thanks.

TRBO VNM

downpipe was finally bolted up tonight. this pipe was not ovaled. so I used the BFH with mike's permission and massaged it. hahaha.

doing that and making sure you remove the wastegate recirc pipe :bash: made install much easier. I don't know if it was the recirc pipe or it barely hitting the fan that made it tough to get the downpipe flush to the turbo. either way, it went on very easy this time. with the header wrap on, no worries about the way the pipe looks from the BFH.

I will get pics tomorrow. it does sit lower at the tire location, but after that it tucks back up very nicely. also bolting it up to the 2.5" catback worked out very well.

the downpipe on this car still just barely touches the fan a little. it does touch the coolant tube. I wrapped the tube with the reflective wrap. so it should be good to go now. i need to talk to them more about the oval straight section. they just have a machine that pinches the round pipe. my concern is that the correct angle is done and I don't think they have a car there for test fitting anymore.

i also have pics of the blow thru setup. I just need to get them off the camera now.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Hmmmmm....care to elaborate? I've been wondering what the hell's been going on with your car. It seems to be forever at Evolution.

Nothing wrong with it......they have just been taking a while. Car was finished yesteday and is ready to be tuned.

Jason, I had my wastgate blown into the atmosphere. That might be why the fit is different. I had my pipe cut off and just pointed down.

PS I hope they don't have a car there for test fitting anymore also.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Nothing wrong with it......they have just been taking a while. Car was finished yesteday and is ready to be tuned.

Jason, I had my wastgate blown into the atmosphere. That might be why the fit is different. I had my pipe cut off and just pointed down.

PS I hope they don't have a car there for test fitting anymore also.

this one is vented as well.

Hmmmm, $1050 and you gotta use a BFH to get it to fit.... Guess I will sit back and watch for a while.

:lol:

they have no problem making changes to make things better and will do it. would this have fit without the BFH, sure it would have. but we wanted some clearance, so because of tuning timeframe and delivering the car to the customer, he said ok to massaging the pipe as needed.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
they have no problem making changes to make things better and will do it. would this have fit without the BFH, sure it would have. but we wanted some clearance, so because of tuning timeframe and delivering the car to the customer, he said ok to massaging the pipe as needed.

Keep up the hard work Jason, we appreciate your research. When it becomes plug and play I will buy one for sure.

TRBO VNM

Keep up the hard work Jason, we appreciate your research. When it becomes plug and play I will buy one for sure.

no problem. I am just trying to help everyone out. 03 whippled cobra is going to go by mighty muffler with his and see if they can tuck it up some more as well. his car is pretty damn low and he was having issues on his way home.

blow thru setup turned out pretty good and tuned fine. I have pics, just need to post them. he made 600/600 at 15# with 16* of timing and 11.2-11.3 a/f

Last edited:

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
ob problem. I am just trying to help everyone out. 03 whippled cobra is going to go by mighty muffler with his and see if they can tuck it up some more as well. his car is pretty damn low and he was having issues on his way home.

blow thru setup turned out pretty good and tuned fine. I have pics, just need to post them. he made 600/600 at 15# with 16* of timing and 11.2-11.3 a/f

I will keep everyone updated on the fitment issues. The car felt great on the drive home. Turbo spooled pretty quick and Jason did a great job on the blow thru set up. We just need to get more ground clearance from a 4" downpipe. More to come.

Mike

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
Dyno graph on the way. Printer was down but the guy who coordinated the dyno day today is going to e-mail the WinPep files. I will post it up when I get it. Looks like turbo was spooling at 3500 and I was making full boost and power around 4300k. Honestly the only downfall is the ground clearance at this point. The 4" downpipe hangs really low. Lower than long tubes. Gotta get that worked out. I don't think Philly's car is like that because Evolution had his car there for all the fitting and fine tuning. Hopefully when I take mine they will remove the dowpipe and do a "custom" fitment. Also, I had no race gas or torco to turn the boost up. I will contact Lund, he lives near me, and go to Evolutions dyno and get some higher boost numbers. The 600/600 is ok. Lund expect about 25RWHP for every pound of boost on the turbo. So, 19# should be around 700 or so. Well see....

Last edited:

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
Nice
Mike....I get the car back this week. We need to cruise before I get rid of it.

I'm for crusing at some point.

I'm calling Nelson JR this morning to see if I can bring my car in for him to take a look at. There is some room between the top of the downpipe and k-member so I think if he takes a day or two he could get it tucked up some more. We'll see.

Last edited:

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
UPDATE

I just spoke with JR. He was very helpful and understanding on the phone. He agreed that it is a tight fit as the pipe goes under the k-mamber and sometimes there just needs to be some custon bending and fitting taking place. I am dropping the car off tomorrow morning to see what he can do. He told me not to worry about it and he will take care of it. Hopefully I can report back in a day or two with some good news. :beer:

primo

Established Member
How much is the blow thru set up Jason? Might as well do it now since I have my kitt off the car ready to go on the new one.

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
I took the car down to Nelson Jr. He worked on it for a couple hours, for free I might add, and got the pipe tucked up a little more. I still think I will be abe to get it up a tiny bit more on my own. I have a feeling that each 4" downpipe will need a little tweaking for each customers car. That's just the way it is. I didn't scrape the pipe at all on he drive home from Evolution. It still hangs pretty low but people need to understand that my car is what some people consider "slammed".

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
Nelson Jr. worked on it for a little while. He was able to get the pipe tucked up a little more. I still think I can get another half inch or so of clearance. Each 4" downpipe will probably need to be tweaked a litle bit. That's just the way it is. My pipe still hangs pretty low but people need to understand that most consider my car to be "slammed".

Users who are viewing this thread