Heading out tomorrow for a cruise to Bermuda! Great!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tomorrow we head out to embark on an awesome cruise to Bermuda. Our daughter gave us tickets for the cruise last Christmas. The time has finally arrived and we're more than ready to go. My daughter and our three granddaughters (ages 18, 21 and 25) are coming, too. It's going to be a really memorable vacation week. We'll head to New Jersey tomorrow afternoon, stay overnight there, and board the (Royal Caribbean) Anthem of the Seas ship Saturday afternoon. We'll cruise to Bermuda and return late next week.

We're blessed to have a nice sized junior suite with an extra large balcony. It's our first cruise ever, so we're both psyched. My daughter and the girls have been on almost a dozen cruises, so they'll indoctrinate us well. LOL. Hopefully I'll have some decent photos to share when I return.

We plan to do a lot of relaxing and take many walks along the white sand beaches of Bermuda and splashing through the clear, warm water. Might not want to return.

See you in a week. :) Here's some of what we're looking forward to, starting with the ship, Anthem of the Seas.

anthem.jpg

Beach.jpg

love-heart-on-beach-sand-1680x1050.jpg

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Our first cruise was to Bermuda back in 2010 out of Bayonne, New Jersey on RC.

Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay are two beaches you definitely want to check out.

Machdup1

Established Member
Should be a great time with family, may you find fair winds and following seas. Bermuda has been on my destination list for awhile. Let us know how you like cruising and the island.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Have fun
Just watch out for giant squids
( Peter Benchley reference)

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like a great time. I'm going to make it to Bermuda some day.
It's going to a great time. We've always wanted to go to Bermuda. We're finally doing it! ;)

Have fun, I'm jelly.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Have a great time my friend.

We are doing the Boston to Bermuda cruise the week of the fourth. It’s a great time and the ship is 90% full of massholes.
Thanks Bruno. Is that going to be your first Bermuda visit? Regardless, you'll have a lot of fun. Enjoy!! :)

Big enough, holy wow. Have fun Bob.
Yeah, it's a huge ship, Brad. We need to do an SVTP exclusive cruise. I can only imagine the shenanigans. LOL. It would surely be one heck of a blast.

Enjoy your time in St. Augustine. You need it. You deserve it. That's one of my favorite places in Florida.

Took a cruise to Bermuda a few years ago with my wife and we had a blast. Have fun Bob, hope you got the drink package lol.
No drink package, but that won't stop me from indulging. :cool:

Our first cruise was to Bermuda back in 2010 out of Bayonne, New Jersey on RC.

Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay are two beaches you definitely want to check out.
That's where we're departing from, Bayonne. We'll stay tonight at the Embassy Suites at Newark Airport and get dropped off at Cape Liberty in the morning. Thanks for the beach recommendations! :)

Are they nude beaches?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
If you want to take a chance and can run fast! LOL.

Should be a great time with family, may you find fair winds and following seas. Bermuda has been on my destination list for awhile. Let us know how you like cruising and the island.
Thanks my friend. I will definitely post up my post-cruise musings. ;)

Have a great time. Cruise ships are so much fun.
Thanks!! :)

Have fun
Just watch out for giant squids
( Peter Benchley reference)
Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
We will definitely have fun. Thanks!

Check out this bad boy out. :eek:
The-Giant-Squid-Unbelievable-Things-Found-Under-Our-Oceans-e1508144962636.jpg

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
It's going to a great time. We've always wanted to go to Bermuda. We're finally doing it! ;)

Thanks!

Thanks Bruno. Is that going to be your first Bermuda visit? Regardless, you'll have a lot of fun. Enjoy!! :)

Yeah, it's a huge ship, Brad. We need to do an SVTP exclusive cruise. I can only imagine the shenanigans. LOL. It would surely be one heck of a blast.

Enjoy your time in St. Augustine. You need it. You deserve it. That's one of my favorite places in Florida.

That's where we're departing from, Bayonne. We'll stay tonight at the Embassy Suites at Newark Airport and get dropped off at Cape Liberty in the morning. Thanks for the beach recommendations! :)

View attachment 1493107
No we’ve done it many times. This is around number 10.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Thanks!

View attachment 1493107
Still able to drive on the beaches there? Picked up some cuties in my younger days there. Bitches just wanted weed and sex and never treated me more than a sausage courier.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Tomorrow we head out to embark on an awesome cruise to Bermuda. Our daughter gave us tickets for the cruise last Christmas. The time has finally arrived and we're more than ready to go. My daughter and our three granddaughters (ages 18, 21 and 25) are coming, too. It's going to be a really memorable vacation week. We'll head to New Jersey tomorrow afternoon, stay overnight there, and board the (Royal Caribbean) Anthem of the Seas ship Saturday afternoon. We'll cruise to Bermuda and return late next week.

We're blessed to have a nice sized junior suite with an extra large balcony. It's our first cruise ever, so we're both psyched. My daughter and the girls have been on almost a dozen cruises, so they'll indoctrinate us well. LOL. Hopefully I'll have some decent photos to share when I return.

We plan to do a lot of relaxing and take many walks along the white sand beaches of Bermuda and splashing through the clear, warm water. Might not want to return.

See you in a week. :) Here's some of what we're looking forward to, starting with the ship, Anthem of the Seas.

Literally took this exact cruise last year in October. Same boat, left out of Bayonne NJ(TAKE PICS OF NYC SKYLINE AS YOU LEAVE, incredible) to Bermuda. Docked at the Naval Shipyard in Bermuda.

A few suggestions:
~Dinner is a cluster if you didn't opt for a specific time. We weren't given the option at payment and forgot to sign up when we checked in two weeks before the trip. We always had to make reservations to ensure we didn't get stranded in the long lines. If you have a specific seating time then you just go in at that time and get seated.
~Def try the thing that looks like an antenna(cant remember the name). Its an insane view when you're docked at the Naval Yard and you can see something like 60% of the islands coastline.
~Bumper cars are fun as hell but always a line. Its in the back of the ship near this oddly good hot dog stand.
~There is a wine tasting that cost $14 per person that serves an enormous amount of booze. We were there for like 2 hours sipping some really expensive wines and had the sommelier to ourselves. Must have sampled 25+ wines in 2 hours. They also serve pairings with each wine and explain how the pairings change the flavor of the wine as you sip. Very informative, especially for me since I normally just chug it to get a buzz.
~The bar at the top deck above the ice cream stand is the happening place. It overlooks the pools and all the day time action below. Great people watching spot and if you can grab a table its worth to chill for a few hours and get some sun.
~The schooner bar is the best place to have a drink after dinner. live music, friendly bar tenders and a good size space. we went almost every night and enjoyed it immensely.

In Bermuda:
~We went on a cave diving experience that was incredible. it was a bit expensive but we understood after all the gear that was required. It took about 8 hours and we were exhausted after but it was absolutely breathtaking.
~The frog and onion bar in the naval dockyard has amazing food and great craft beers brewed on the island. Night time atmosphere is insane. Live music too starting i think at 8 or 9pm.
~Hamilton is expensive as hell and we only stayed for an hour or two before taking the ferry back. Wasnt worth it unless you really want to see or do something special in the city.
~Check out the smallest draw bridge in the world(its like 3 feet wide). It barely fits a sail boats mast through it but its quite interesting to see how it works.
~We went to Horseshoe Bay Beach for one day and it was quite interesting. Very clear water, huge waves, and a nice little breeze. Beach chairs and umbrellas are available for $$ but are worth every penny. A few locals have stands right on the beach to sell stuff(some sell crap some sell some nice things).

This past year was my 4th time going. Twice with my wife and twice with family. Bermuda is such an amazing place. You will really enjoy it.

Have fun!

ClayDee

Established Member
My dad use to work and live in Bermuda a few years ago. He said it was a beautiful place. He would probably still be there job permitting. Have a safe trip and enjoy.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member

Thanks!

View attachment 1493107

Holy Beast Batman

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CV355

_
Established Member
Enjoy, and be safe!

I'd be interested to see what your opinion is- my wife has been dying to go on a cruise but I've been a stick in the mud about it

Users who are viewing this thread