Have a confirmed 2017 R allocation but $20k ADM--advice?

conceptmachine

Established Member
How do you know me? I love the 16 gt...I've driven one and if this car is better than the gt..I'll be happier than anything.

That's how I know. Are you mad at the world buddy? Mad that people would rather have a R than a viper? Lol.. vipers are ugly...but I guess it's a matter of taste?!

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How do you know me? I love the 16 gt...I've driven one and if this car is better than the gt..I'll be happier than anything.

That's how I know. Are you mad at the world buddy? Mad that people would rather have a R than a viper? Lol.. vipers are ugly...but I guess it's a matter of taste?!

No, I don't know you. But for anyone to say a car they've never driven was made for them, gonna own it forever, etc etc etc, is extremely fixated on something and needs to open their eyes.

Vipers are ugly, eh? lol That's clearly a personal preference, no hard feelings. I'd venture to guess we could park our cars (when/if you ever get one) next to each other, and the Viper gets more attention. Then you could take them to the track and the Viper would win there as well.

I don't really give a damn who you are, what you do, what car you want, etc etc etc...but for you to say this is the end all car, the unicorn, whatever...without ever driving one, is not very intelligent.

conceptmachine

Established Member
It worked with my wife, though I did have some hands on...just....just couldn't experience the goods first! 15 years of marriage and going strong and I can honestly tell you....I've been to many shows and nobody gives a rats ass about a viper. That's why they continously sell under invoice!!

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
C'mon man.

That's borderline ignorant. You've never even driven the car.

Before I got my GT350 in, I was all in on keeping it for a while...15 miles later...bored, moving on.

You seem to make the most rational statements about the 350's and R's. Everyone else seems drunk off the Kool-aid.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It worked with my wife! 15 years of marriage and going strong and I can honestly tell you....I've been to many shows and nobody gives a rats ass about a viper. That's why they continously sell under invoice!!

Not sure what that has to do with your wife.

Oh brother. When Vipers first come out (gen III, gen IV, gen V) they demand a premium..then once production catches up with demand, prices drop. The same damn way these GT350's are doing RIGHT NOW. I sold my first GT350 to another dealer for $15k over MSRP, they are not bringing that now. But you're in Iowa, I'm sure we could meet up somewhere.

You seem to make the most rational statements about the 350's and and R's. Everyone else seems drunk off the Kool-aid.

Thinking logical hurts the brain, obviously.

CO Mack

Established Member
$20k ADM is money lost, depending on timeline. (with an R it's going to hang in there longer)

I bought a Mach 1 with under 20k mi for $15,000, that had over $50k in it when you include sticker.

Most project Mustangs will never get close to the package of a GT350, yet people spend similar amounts of money on their project cars when almost all of the money spent on mods is going to be lost. Not really sure why ADM is stupid but a $25,000 engine isn't...but whatever. The hobby draws all sorts. :)

conceptmachine

Established Member
I never got to sample all of my wife either...before marriage...but that worked out great. That's the analogy.

And when my greatly loved gt350r is sitting in my garage along with my other gt500s for years. What will in your garage... that viper nobody wanted? Lol. ..uggh..

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I never got to sample all of my wife either...before marriage...but that worked out great. That's the analogy.

And when my greatly loved gt350r is sitting in my garage along with my other gt500s for years. What will in your garage... that viper nobody wanted? Lol. ..uggh..

I'd be careful bringing your wife up.

"greatly loved gt350r" LOL Man, it's like you're high on the cocaine that you're looking at through a window.

conceptmachine

Established Member
One final thing here... I don't know if it's hipocracy driving this thread or just the fact that you can't get an R allocation so you feel the need to drive down everyone else that will pay an ADM for it.
I'm out... I said my part.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One final thing here... I don't know if it's hipocracy driving this thread or just the fact that you can't get an R allocation so you feel the need to drive down everyone else that will pay an ADM for it.
I'm out... I said my part.

LMAO.

You can say whatever you want. If I could get an R, and someone would pay any type of ADM on it, I would sell it in a heartbeat. Just like the MY16 350 I ordered for myself. It was a cool car, but if I had turned down $72k for it, that would be like me saying I think it's worth more than that...which it isn't.

Is the R worth $67k, yeah (comparative to other options in the market)...is the R worth $87k? Not a chance. You're the one trying to justify throwing money at a car just to say you have one.

CO Mack

Established Member
... If I could get an R, and someone would pay any type of ADM on it, I would sell it in a heartbeat. Just like the MY16 350 I ordered for myself. It was a cool car, but if I had turned down $72k for it, that would be like me saying I think it's worth more than that...which it isn't.

Is the R worth $67k, yeah (comparative to other options in the market)...is the R worth $87k? Not a chance.

Agreed.

But the Kool-Aid tastes good and I sure as hell am not going to apologize for being a fanbois on a fanbois site. :lol1:

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

What's the **** is wrong with you?

So you didn't stick it in your wfe and because of that you know the r is a keeper for life. Wtf are you talkn about?

liter of cola

Established Member
4 life bro!

image.jpeg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
This thread has gotten interesting.
Just to review, I wasn't even looking for a GT350 yet and was just floored to have a confirmed R allocation opportunity.
As a hardcore performance car guy, it warrants discussion, even with an ADM.
At the end of the day after long thought, I feel I'd actually use a regular 350 more and can wait another year once I can order one the way I want under MSRP, just like I did on my '14 GT500.

seems more intelligent to pay an ADM on a 350R than it is to buy a brand new ML63 which will be a much larger financial loss, I say do it, the 350R's arent going to be cheap anytime soon.. how many used ones have you seen?
Never said a new AMG, only new cars I've ever bought were an '04 Cobra and '14 GT500. I just signed papers tonight on the ML63, but its a used CPO car that, with barely 27k miles and an MSRP of $109,900, was a helluva buy at $57k as a southern car in the color I wanted.
Once it's chipped to over 700 torque, I think it should be a badass DD ;-)

So, good luck to those looking and if someone really wants an R you can order to your specs, PM me. They are firm at $20k over, and I told them if they take $10k I'm 100% in. Only concession is that I'll go on the plant tour with you when it's built haha.
-J
:beer:

HighTorque

Established Member
In the midst of all of this i found a dealer close to me willing to do 10k over on a 17 r with zero negotiating. So it seems like sticker is a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread