Have a confirmed 2017 R allocation but $20k ADM--advice?

DieselDr

Established Member
I like to blow money on cars and i think 20K is too much. Finish your garage and play with your other cars... let the hype die down a little. I know i personally would regret the 20K in a couple weeks/months.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
My dads good friend has been selling cars in Brockton for over 30 years. He started out selling Cadillacs now sells dodge. It's where I got my challenger. Last year when the hellcats came out they were charging adm's of 5 grand. He told me that every time they sold one and someone paid the adm they thought he/she was literally the dumbest person on the earth and they would all start laughing about it once they drove the car away. Can you imagine what these ford people will think if you pay 20 or even 15 over?

liter of cola

Established Member
Dana ford in staten island ny has got to be one of the worst, they are asking $107k for thier R and they were trying to tell me i need to make an appointment just to see the car cuz they have specialized salsemen(money rapers) for it. Its all pretty pathetic. $20k adm is a bargain at this point. If i could throw away $20k and be no worse off i'd do it for the R. Its literally a bargain cuz everyone seams to be paying $100k for this car. If you want a new one for yourself go for it, if you think you'd be ok with a used one down the road then wait cuz you could put that 20k to good use with your current stable of cars.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
DBK debunked that. Looks like 2019+.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just said it was gonna be awhile. I saw a lot of people grumbling that the GT-H reveal wasn't a GT500. Seems a bit ridiculous given the small number of GT350s they've delivered.

I wouldn't pay $20k over on an R. I don't think that's gonna last through the summer. It might, but I doubt it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wouldn't pay $20k over on an R. I don't think that's gonna last through the summer. It might, but I doubt it.

+1,000,000

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Will you really spend that much time @ the track to make 20K ADM seem reasonable on an R model ?
........For 20K, I could get a top shelf build on the motor in the 14 + have change left over.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wouldn't buy one for 20k over but would sell one for that?
You're serious? lol

I wouldn't give $10k over for one.

I'd sell one at a number of prices over MSRP.

EDIT: Would you buy a house for considerably over what it appraised for? No.

Would you sell your house for considerably more than what it appraised for? Yes.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
You're serious? lol

Would you sell your house for considerably more than what it appraised for? Yes.

Get out of here with such sensible logic!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You're serious? lol

Well I totally agree with you, that might not be the best analogy as in hot housing markets there can be regular bidding above asking price.

Had a good talk with the salesman and I gave a final offer of $10k over.
Sounds like they also have a regular GT350 but want $10k over on that.
There is $9k in rebates on SHOs right now, so I might offer to lease an SHO and pay $5k to order a regular GT350 if the $10k ADM on the R is declined.
I'll probably change this by dinner, haha.

Either way, it's good to have a new solid dealer connection for future SVTs.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Will you really spend that much time @ the track to make 20K ADM seem reasonable on an R model ?
........For 20K, I could get a top shelf build on the motor in the 14 + have change left over.

If JDM ever gets done with their parts, I'll give my deposit. I've been trying to give them a deposit and take them my motor for months now, so the GT500 gets a top shelf build for 850rwhp and reliability either way!
But I here your point as I've never even driven on a road course.
That $20k ADM would probably ding me for a helluva lot more in a road course addiction :)
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I just said it was gonna be awhile. I saw a lot of people grumbling that the GT-H reveal wasn't a GT500. Seems a bit ridiculous given the small number of GT350s they've delivered.

I agree and value the input you and Nick give.
BTW we met WAY back when at an Alternative Auto dyno day, I think you had a 427" Corvette?

If you don't mind sharing, an educated guess on the number of Rs Ford can/will build?
-J

krt22

Established Member
Well I totally agree with you, that might not be the best analogy as in hot housing markets there can be regular bidding above asking price.

-J

It's actually the perfect analogy, especially for the R. In those environments, if you don't bid over (or have a sob story/deep connection with the seller to convince them to sell at listing) then you simply don't get the house. In this case, if you arent willing to go over MSRP (or have the same deep connection with the dealer), you simply don't get the car.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Dana ford in staten island ny has got to be one of the worst, they are asking $107k for thier R and they were trying to tell me i need to make an appointment just to see the car cuz they have specialized salsemen(money rapers) for it. Its all pretty pathetic. $20k adm is a bargain at this point. If i could throw away $20k and be no worse off i'd do it for the R. Its literally a bargain cuz everyone seams to be paying $100k for this car. If you want a new one for yourself go for it, if you think you'd be ok with a used one down the road then wait cuz you could put that 20k to good use with your current stable of cars.

Sheehy Ford Of Gaithersburg, MD. $118K. Black with Black strips. Waiting to hear back from another dealer in Ohio on a Magnetic R.

93oh

Established Member
Guys be real they are not building many Rs and unless you're going to buried in the car you're functionally insane to pay more as opposed to the GT350. The car has the same engine and suspension. Difference in wing, badges and rims and tires. So you get an equivalent driving experience unless you have to be "that guy" with he newest and rarest. But, if you do, pay the freight... That's why they are making the car exclusive to make sure they get those people. Track rats are putting cages in M3s not buying 350Rs

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I agree and value the input you and Nick give.
BTW we met WAY back when at an Alternative Auto dyno day, I think you had a 427" Corvette?

If you don't mind sharing, an educated guess on the number of Rs Ford can/will build?
-J

Wow! That was a long time ago. It was a 422 ci, 3.90s, loudest Ti exhaust ever. I successfully made that car underivable. :lol1: All that effort and now stock sedans are that fast.

They would like to build at least 500 annually. TBD what they end up doing because of all the delays. If they can get everything sorted out, I wouldn't be surprised to see 700 in MY17.

Also, I would just like to note, we took two GT350Rs out to dinner tonight. A) Loudest cars ever B) I've reconsidered. Spend the $20k. HOLY SHIT WHAT A MACHINE. Barely driven it because of the weather but that may the most hilariously entertaining factory street car I've ever driven. The noise, the endless revs, what a circus...

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
biminiLX said:
... and pay $5k to order a regular GT350 if the $10k ADM on the R is declined.

Who knows. They may decide to negotiate somewhere between 10-15k. I'd consider that if you have the itch for an R.

Also, I would just like to note, we took two GT350Rs out to dinner tonight. A) Loudest cars ever B) I've reconsidered. Spend the $20k. HOLY SHIT WHAT A MACHINE.

Somebody at Ford had to have pushed back on the exhaust noise levels (and thankfully lost the argument). I just want to thank whoever it was that stayed the course and made it happen. From the handwelded shorty headers to the adjustable mufflers I give Ford an A+.

I can't wait for the Trackey to be available too. I sincerely hope FR can get away with some really neat features with it. A bump in low end torque would be a huge bonus as well if they'll go that far.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Guys be real they are not building many Rs and unless you're going to buried in the car you're functionally insane to pay more as opposed to the GT350. The car has the same engine and suspension. Difference in wing, badges and rims and tires.

No it doesn't.

The R has its own suspension tuning to compensate for the lower unsprung weight of the
carbon fiber wheels.

conceptmachine

Established Member
You're serious? lol

Guess I struck a chord...

My house is already worth considerably more than when I built it....a least that's what they tell me. I'll still never sell it. I'll be dying here...
I suppose SOME would see it as $ only.

Fact is, there becomes a point where money isn't the over riding factor. Yeah, you still want to make a logical decision, but 20k to some is like $100 to others. 20k is steep for this car but if your dealership could get one, what would you charge Nick? I had a hard time at justifying 10k mark up, but I really like this car....more than any current domestic.

Users who are viewing this thread