Have a confirmed 2017 R allocation but $20k ADM--advice?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
idk man... every R mustang ford has ever produced as far as I know has been a serious collector car. I don't think they will depreciate like many ppl think. I think they will still be selling R's for 100k 5 years from now. i say go for it if you can afford it.

i can only afford one at msrp but all i know is if i somehow magically get an R i will be driving it and will be keeping it for life.
All the R models have depreciated.

Look at what 2000Rs are selling for with <1000 miles.

If any of them will be worth money it'll be the MY15Rs. I don't even think the MY15 GT350s will demand a premium over a MY16/17 car.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
All the R models have depreciated.

Look at what 2000Rs are selling for with <1000 miles.

I wonder what mine would be worth with 43,000 miles ?

The only R that has done well is the 93.
Of course the argument could be made if you took the $27g that a 93R costs new, and say put it into Apple, Disney, Microsoft, etc what would it be worth today ?

liter of cola

Established Member
Theres a 2000 R with 4k miles on ebay listed for $60k and 2 with pretty much no miles listed for $80k

Not saying they will sell, cuz i dont know much about R's but im sure they will they only made 300

I didnt mean they wont depreciate at all i just dont think they will drop like ppl keep saying. The 350R is gonna have a strong resale value for sure. I do believe 350R's kept and not driven will increase in value. Not at first of course but just like everything else.

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
Theres a 2000 R with 4k miles on ebay listed for $60k and 2 with pretty much no miles listed for $80k

Not saying they will sell, cuz i dont know much about R's but im sure they will they only made 300

I didnt mean they wont depreciate at all i just dont think they will drop like ppl keep saying. The 350R is gonna have a strong resale value for sure. I do believe 350R's kept and not driven will increase in value. Not at first of course but just like everything else.

Look at the sold listings. One appears to have sold for $33,000 (15,500mi) and one for $45,900 (14xxxmi).

F8L SN8K

Established Member
That is correct on the 93-95-00R. Although their value is on the rise currently. Just a few years back you could buy them in the upper 20- upper 30k range depending on years miles and condition. And they are a lot more rare then the gt350R is supposed to be. Currently you can buy a 12 LS Boss for less then a 13 base Boss. Production numbers are targeted to be about the same for the GT350R as the LS's (762 per year). The LS is depreciating about the same rate. The color of the car is more of a determining factor then production numbers. Most are having issues selling the Yellow Blaze 12 cars and the build numbers on that car are LOW. On the 13s Grabber blue commands a premium. On the 93 Cobra Teal is where the money is. Supply and demand as always. I think the Cobra Rs will continue to come up in value as people in their 30s continue making more money and want that car they had their nose pressed up against the glass salivating over when they came out.

Will the GT350R command a premium in the future? It's hard telling. It's all in the market of when you plan to sell it. 68 Cobra Jets factory drag "135 vin" were sold for less then 2k at one point now they are a little more north of that lol. Will my factory competition 2013 Cobra Jet (1 of 20)be worth something more then I have in it someday? Who knows doesn't matter if I never plan to sell it.

Not too many of us are into cars with a P-and-L sheets for them. We buy them to enjoy them how we want to.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Well that was funny. As soon as I hit post my friend/salesman pulls up at my house with a Magnetic one. Went for a drive and made my offer. We shall see what the GM says.

blk02edge

Established Member
seems more intelligent to pay an ADM on a 350R than it is to buy a brand new ML63 which will be a much larger financial loss, I say do it, the 350R's arent going to be cheap anytime soon.. how many used ones have you seen?

liter of cola

Established Member
All im saying is a 65' gt350 R sold for almost 1 million.

http://youtu.be/-TjImcm4Sz0

I know it aint the same and they makin way more 350r's today but still, thats the heritage u getting so it has to count for somthing.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
seems more intelligent to pay an ADM on a 350R than it is to buy a brand new ML63 which will be a much larger financial loss, I say do it, the 350R's arent going to be cheap anytime soon.. how many used ones have you seen?
....I'm not sure if you're serious or not.

Just because something isn't the worst possible outcome, does that make it ideal?

liter of cola

Established Member
well I understand what he means as far as its better than buying an amg car, those cars have pretty much the worst depreciation out there. you'll prolly lose less money buying an R at $20k adm than buying an amg.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Now that track pack can be had with the electronics pack, I see less "need" for the R.

What is the latest on mounting tires on the CF wheels?

Can any tire shop do it? Is any special tooling or machines required? Do you have to absolve the tire shop of liability for damaging a 4K wheel before they will do it? Is the cost exorbitantly high? What are dealers charging to change tires and will they accept liability?

I want to go on track with whichever I get, and I'm not too sure I want to be having tires changed all the time on the CF wheels because of the concerns listed above.

jtfx6552

Established Member
I think the house analogy is bad for cars. Other than when the housing bubble popped a few years ago, or for areas that turn into a ghetto, houses pretty much never go down.

In very few cases is it possible to get an ADM back out of a car after they are purchased.

krt22

Established Member
For very rare cars, they also essentially never go down in value. I agree its very rare and not common place, but the R might just be one of those exceptions.

There very well might be a bubble going on with certain cars as well, like the 993s

blk02edge

Established Member
....I'm not sure if you're serious or not.

Just because something isn't the worst possible outcome, does that make it ideal?

Not everyone is in the business of making money on cars... It's a fricken performance car.. If you want it, you'll have to pay, if you cry about lost money you need to change hobbies. Look at it in the perspective where you aren't a GM of a dealership

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not everyone is in the business of making money on cars... It's a fricken performance car.. If you want it, you'll have to pay, if you cry about lost money you need to change hobbies. Look at it in the perspective where you aren't a GM of a dealership
I'm not saying to make money, but to lose your ass on something doesn't sound like fun.

blk02edge

Established Member
No, I agree but if op is willing to take the massive hit on a brand new ml63 I dont see how losing the 20k on a 350R is a problem. Sounds like he has money and cars arent all $$ business to everyone

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, I agree but if op is willing to take the massive hit on a brand new ml63 I dont see how losing the 20k on a 350R is a problem. Sounds like he has money and cars arent all $$ business to everyone
I guess so.

conceptmachine

Established Member
It's all in what people want. Is the car a keeper? If it is, then it's not really a loss in my book. It's when you don't like the car anymore and then you sell and never recoup...then I consider that a loss. I will never sell my R. It will most likely be a loss if I do sell. Now the same thing with my home. I could make 200k above what i paid for it, if I sold it now. I won't see that money ever because I'll never sell. It means too much too me.
Same thing will be said of my R. I will never sell...even if there is a loss or gain. It's a keeper until death.
I have the choices of buying many different cars...this is the one I want. Not that it can out perform some or under perform others... it's because I feel it's a "me" car and that's all I care about. So...adm or no adm...I'll keep searching for the best deal but at the end of the day, I'll pay adm if I need to.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's all in what people want. Is the car a keeper? If it is, then it's not really a loss in my book. It's when you don't like the car anymore and then you sell and never recoup...then I consider that a loss. I will never sell my R. It will most likely be a loss if I do sell. Now the same thing with my home. I could make 200k on my home if I sold it now. I won't see that money ever because I'll never sell. It means too much too me.
Same thing will be said of my R. I will never sell...even if there is a loss or gain. It's a keeper until death.
I have the choices of buying many different cars...this is the one I want. Not that it can out perform some or under perform others... it's because I feel it's a "me" car and that's all I care about. So...adm or no adm...I'll keep searching for the best deal but at the end of the day, I'll pay adm if I need to.

C'mon man.

That's borderline ignorant. You've never even driven the car.

Before I got my GT350 in, I was all in on keeping it for a while...15 miles later...bored, moving on.

Users who are viewing this thread