has your Terminator ever seen rain?

HPLouis

Established Member
I’m guessing that my current car saw rain based on the underside. My prior convertible didn’t see rain since the underside was spotless.

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
LOL, Mine seen rain just last night. I'm doing some major cleaning to my garage. So, I had to park it on the side of the house last night and it rained.

However, both my Cobra's have been driven in the rain. Now, my Roush has been parked outside under a car cover and been rained on, but it has NEVER been driven in the rain.

lifter213

Established Member
Mine hasn't been driven in the rain by me. Maybe when being delivered to the dealer etc but since I picked it up after ordering it no. The undercarriage is clean so I prefer to keep it that way. Like mentioned previously the sitting in rain wouldn't bother me. It's the driving in it that makes a mess.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Yes and no. Yes, in looking at the underside, one of the 2 prior owners seems like it had seen rain (maybe once or twice). Yes in my ownership, but was while sitting on the field at Carlisle (not moved).

The no part, its never been driven in the rain since I have owned it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree Bob. I don't fault those that don't drive theirs in the rain one bit.

I only get 6 months of good driving weather and I love taking the car all over the place to a lot of events. I'll be in Charlotte next April for the 55th Anniversary party and grand opening of the Mustang Owners Museum. If it's anything like the 50th party was, the car will see a lot of rain.

Sent from my LG-G710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
That grand opening of the Mustang Owner's Museum and 55th Anniversary party next April should be a blast.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Rain!? I wish that is all mine ever saw! 6 owners later, I think I'm the only one that ever appreciated her for what she is.

Pretty sure it was a daily driver for someone who kept their minivan garaged..... She's coming back to life though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
mines seen rain a few times back when it was an eaton car. now with the welds and slicks, i dont chance it... even if there is a 10% chance of rain in the forecast.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Rain, snow, gravel, sand beaches. It's a car.

Only time I worried was a summer thunderstorm and I was on ET Pro's and skinnies on the interstate.

Hell, stay over 80 and no need to let the top up.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
I think the problem we most facing when it come to rains, snow....... is tires. most of us either dont own all season tires ( all season tires dont hook a &^*& ) and it wont last long i would say good 10k miles on a set, on my gt I drove all weather using bf goodrich all reason tires that last me over 80k miles.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Yeah - my car is was a daily driver a bit more than it is now. Other times I just like taking it out on a quick trip with just me and my wife. But Rain, snow, and ice! Even a dirt road and water bridges. Once my GPS even had me go through dirt trail (mud at the time) in the middle of nowhere (busted a fog light on that hill). Heck - my kids egg me on to see how big of a splash I can make at times.

I had a few leaks in the back window that made me not want to drive it in the rain as much - but recently just replaced the weatherstripping and top. I am looking forward to the next rainy drive to work.

BMSTNG

Established Member
I've owned mine 5yrs now and it has never seen rain, as long as I've owned it. The previous owner, also claims it has never seen rain. I bought it with 3,600 miles on it and the only time it's seen water from a hose was after the trip from NY to FLA. Heck I don't sleep at night if there's dust on it lol

badmpg03

Established Member
I get caught often it seems and it’s not my daily.
Heavy rain Once on accident in NT01r’s and had to pull off freeway. Getting loose going 25 mph. Sketch!

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
You could have taken an Uber home and went back later to pick your car up

That would have been quite the Uber ride there and back. This was I bet no more than 50 miles into a 700 mile trip. I moved from the STL area to the DAL/Fort Worth area. I drove the car down w/ my dad following me in my Fusion. I was worried about the Nitto 555r rears more than anything. It did fine but the rain was light , I went very slow (55 in a 70) and the tires only had about 1500 miles on them with no burnouts

Users who are viewing this thread