Gym rant

smitty2919

Established Member
Same dumb ass fad as wearing shin high tube socks with sneakers and shorts. I don't see the point yet a ton of teenagers are rocking this jackass "style".

I wear ****ing shorts because it's hot, and I wear the shortest sock possible. I'm too "function over form" with things. My wide has to force me to go "update my wardrobe" since I love cargo shorts HIGHLY functional lol...now I have couple pairs of slimmer non-cargo khaki like shorts. I admit, I look less of a bum but still LOL.

Necrotizing

Established Member
I wear the compression pants and sompression leggings at the gym when doing cardio or hitting legs. I generally have sweat pants on as well. I get horrible shin splints. I've been recommended to wear them. Have they helped? Yes. Do they help recovery time like some people think? I've no clue. That's why I wear them. Now it's when I see guys wearing those and those alone that gets me.

Blown 89

Established Member
I see them but I've always consider them long underwear.
Cabelas sells some kick ass cold weather undergarments that look like leggings. I train athletes outside for 4-5 hours in the winter and I wear them but I wear pants over them because....you know....unlike Dusten, I'm not gay.

Branhammer

Established Member
What really gets me going is the faggots taking pictures while working out / or out on the gym floor.

FB, instagram and tweeter got us ****ed.
I agree. Gym selfies are stupid. I go to the gym to get results. Not to show off. I don't even take my phone because there is literally not one thing I need it for that can't wait one ****ing hour til I'm done working out.

I do have a FB, but I'm proud to say that I have never so much as typed "twitter.com" or "instagram.com" into my browser bar and I intend to keep it that way.

Twitter, instagram, and snapchat are all ****ing gay. Twitter is just status updates, instagram is just posting photos, and snapchat is posting photos with captions and filters to make you look like a gay dog (any man who has done this is a ***). FB does all of the above except the filter thing and they could easily add that...not that they should. Why the other social media programs need to exist is beyond me.

"Hey FB is great, but you know what would be way better? If I had to go to 10 different social media sites to do all the things FB can do on it's own."

It's like buying a typewriter, calculator, and stereo system when I could just buy a ****ing computer and be done with it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Dont get me started on the current gym shit going around. Drives me nuts. What has happened in the last 20yrs in the gym's around this country is astonishing.
You got that right bro!
You don't even have to go to a gym to see the lames walking around behind their wives, with their hands all over their phone while the wife pushes the shopping cart and does the shopping. She also loads up the car as well and the lames are too pussified to pick up grocery bags.

I keep to myself in the gym.
Same here bro.
I go in, do my thing and I'm out. All while wearing headphones the whole time. Don't try to talk to me or ask for a spot,.......I'm busy. lol

Last edited:

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
What really gets me going is the faggots taking pictures while working out / or out on the gym floor.

FB, instagram and tweeter got us ****ed.

But dude, If you don't post it on FB or IG, did you really even workout? :cool:

Dusten

Established Member
Cabelas sells some kick ass cold weather undergarments that look like leggings. I train athletes outside for 4-5 hours in the winter and I wear them but I wear pants over them because....you know....unlike Dusten, I'm not gay.
Even in 15 degree weather I'm to hot to wear full pants.

Troponin

Established Member
They are mimicking the look of pro football players.

It's basically underarmour type stuff, but it's odd that they wear it for weight lifting. It's usually worn for intense heat, cold, and chafing. Dunno about you, but I don't experience any of the in the weight room.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
In college we had a great weight room and I used it a bunch with my roommates. Before cell phones and the Internet. Now I just work out at home - too many weirdos out there and from the little I have seen and heard, many of them have no sense of hygiene or courtesy. Buddies of mine who are serious lifters have had strange douches approach them in the locker room in their birthday suits and junk swinging all around. Awkward. No thanks.

Branhammer

Established Member
They are mimicking the look of pro football players.

It's basically underarmour type stuff, but it's odd that they wear it for weight lifting. It's usually worn for intense heat, cold, and chafing. Dunno about you, but I don't experience any of the in the weight room.

I wear underarmour stuff to the weight room but it's really just shorts and a shirt so I'd call it multipurpose. It's the same stuff I run half marathons and Spartans in and I just refuse to buy more gym gear when I can use the same stuff for everything. I also only buy it from the local Underarmour outlet store when they're doing a 40% off sale.

I will say I'm really thankful to have a gym on a small military base that I can use. If I were a civilian, I'd just build a home gym. WAAAYYY too many douche buckets with no etiquette at public gyms. And don't get me started on that joke, Planet Fitness.

"Hey, do you take your workout seriously? Well if so, then **** you. Get out. This gym is only for half-ass fatties who we can serve pizza so they'll never meet their goals and have to keep paying us to come back. Fit people are douchebags."
-Planet Fitness

Troponin

Established Member
Me either Dom, I do get my exercise though. I feel I'm in good shape based on my age.

I want to be in good shape for a 20 year old. :p Almost 40 now and I finally reached a point that I am happy with my current physique, but have to find a balance of maintaining and not injuring myself more than I have already. Otherwise, it will all be in vain

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I want to be in good shape for a 20 year old. :p Almost 40 now and I finally reached a point that I am happy with my current physique, but have to find a balance of maintaining and not injuring myself more than I have already. Otherwise, it will all be in vain

Amen to that brother! That is indeed the trick.

I am looking to make a comeback after a flurry of injuries/set backs. Going to try and leave ego training behind and just really focus on form and time under tension.

Branhammer

Established Member
Amen to that brother! That is indeed the trick.

I am looking to make a comeback after a flurry of injuries/set backs. Going to try and leave ego training behind and just really focus on form and time under tension.
I'm in the same boat as well. I've been injured for what seems like forever. I've forgotten what it feels like to not have lower back pain. I'm just focused on form and working around the injury.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I saw a guy on a bmw cruiser today wearing white compression leggings. I had to do a double take, like WTF is going on here...guess he was headed to the gym :D

Users who are viewing this thread