Guys with 10% O/D pulleys in here.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
becareful my man.. it flows for air per psi than the T-trim so the tune is off. But anyways man I'm excited to see the outcome!

bullittbuild

Established Member
just for the record the bigger the intercooler is the less boost you will lose, less restriction. Look at fastlanes saleen its like 44x12x7 and loses less that 1 psi

bullittbuild

Established Member
I didn't realize that many people on here were running YSi's lets see them I have one on my car as well.

IMG00101-20100531-13581.jpg

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
becareful my man.. it flows for air per psi than the T-trim so the tune is off. But anyways man I'm excited to see the outcome!

Did you install that 2.75 pulley yet? How did the boost numbers go? I would really recommend a 15% OD dampener down the road when you can get one, the boost comes on so much sooner. :banana:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No i havent' yet. The car isn't done lol. I'm still waiting on a few more things. I have plenty of time. Yea I was going to go with a 10% o/d. I heard that it brings boost on alot sooner as well.. Hmm something for me to think about for sure!!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

Man that sucker is clean! Looks great, but I thought the YSi would look bigger! Like what you did with the fuel system there, those Aeromotive rails and regulator?

Can't wait to hear what numbers you make with that blower at that boost. :dancenana:

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
Man that sucker is clean! Looks great, but I thought the YSi would look bigger! Like what you did with the fuel system there, those Aeromotive rails and regulator?

Can't wait to hear what numbers you make with that blower at that boost. :dancenana:

Thanks Dale! I try to keep it clean. Yes, they are the Aeromotive pieces and Fore Y block. Honestly the YSi volute is bigger all around especially were it curves down. I no longer need that reducer like I had with the T trim volute. It is all true 3" now.

I drove it to work this morning and leaned on it a bit and I will be 100% honest, this is a mid to low 10 sec car all day long. It pulls like no other, trust me! :beer:

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
is it laggy compared to the T-trim?? Or is power pretty instant??

There is absolutely no "lag" about it. This is all due to the 15% OD dampener and I would say the 4.10's too. When I shift into second and stab it at say 2500 it just instantly blows the tires off (pedaling it of course) and keeps on going. Once they seem to hook, it is over. Third comes and the fun begins with the torque that keeps on going. It's a wild ride.

Remember that first feeling when you did something major to your car like blower or spray and it was a blast to drive. This feeling is back again for me. :banana:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
There is absolutely no "lag" about it. This is all due to the 15% OD dampener and I would say the 4.10's too. When I shift into second and stab it at say 2500 it just instantly blows the tires off (pedaling it of course) and keeps on going. Once they seem to hook, it is over. Third comes and the fun begins with the torque that keeps on going. It's a wild ride.

Remember that first feeling when you did something major to your car like blower or spray and it was a blast to drive. This feeling is back again for me. :banana:

Damn that's awesome man!!! Looks like when I get some spare cash the O/D pulley is a must. That's also good to know about the lag. Ofcoarse your car is pullied to the moon which helps. I would need to be pulley for 17psi on the street and then w/e it would be for my race tune. I'm over spinning my T-trim now and I don't want it to blow up, even though I've talked with vortech and they said it should be fine. This is good to know though. I can't wait for you to get it on a dyno so then I can see what the power looks like under the curve. :beer: Also what modifications if any did you have to do to get the 15% O/D pulley on there?

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
The previous owner already had the areas clearanced for the 10% OD. I had to shave the timing marks completely off and shave the crank sensor boss even more than it was before with the 10% on there. No problems but you have to do it, it's even in their (IW) instructions. Honestly I would go with the 15% if you get one because it's the same work and price as the 10%. The 18% OD requires an electric water pump so thats why I didn't go that route. This is just a street car.

OH also I have my belt on VERY tight. I had to literally pry it on. So I don't think I am seeing really any belt slip hence the instant boost.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The previous owner already had the areas clearanced for the 10% OD. I had to shave the timing marks completely off and shave the crank sensor boss even more than it was before with the 10% on there. No problems but you have to do it, it's even in their (IW) instructions. Honestly I would go with the 15% if you get one because it's the same work and price as the 10%. The 18% OD requires an electric water pump so thats why I didn't go that route. This is just a street car.

OH also I have my belt on VERY tight. I had to literally pry it on. So I don't think I am seeing really any belt slip hence the instant boost.

Yea I figured. I wonder how big of a pain in the ass that would be to do.. hmm. Yea 18% isn't worth it in my opinion and electric water pump is a big nono for open tracking. I'm definatley thinking about the 15% now. Maybe after x-mas I will do it.. But on the flip side I've been thinking about selling my blower setup all together. IDK though. We'll see. I need to go FMIC for the YSI to work as I'm sure it'll tap out my A/W setup pretty easily lol. But maybe that'll be something I try first is the A/W and if I max it out then go A/A.. Hmm. First off I want that 15% with a 3.2'' blower pulley that would be awesome. Maybe I'll do my 2.75'' pulley now and then the 15% later on and try to keep boost the same. I'd love to see the side by side comparison for power undercurve and tq increase if any at all..

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
I would first go with the 15% and pulley the T trim accordingly. If that doesn't do it for you, upgrade to the YSI or go turbo. Why would you sell your blower set up?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I would first go with the 15% and pulley the T trim accordingly. If that doesn't do it for you, upgrade to the YSI or go turbo. Why would you sell your blower set up?

To go TT. But to be honest I'm tired of upgrading my car lol. I need to enjoy it, but on the flipside overspinning the blower isn't something I'm fond of. But I always told myself that if I upgrade again I'm going TT so you see the perdicament I'm in lol. I think that if I get the 15% O/D and the appropriate blower pulley will work out good, espiecally if I get more tq and more power under the curve and less lag.. I want to see what your dyno graph looks like for lets say a pump gas tune (if you do that). Like I said though I'm going to do the 2.75 for now and see what happens. Then do the 15% o/d with new blower pulley and do a side by side and see what happens under the curve with the same boost level..

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
I almost bought a TT 61 kit (built around a griggs front end too) off the corral but I couldn't get the price right. So I bought the YSI instead. I also just want to enjoy the car.

I am not a big fan of over spinning either due to the fact the S trim could have turned out worse that what it did. (like my motor taking a crap from ingested metal)

I will be doing two tunes, One for pump gas and the other will be race gas.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I can't wait to see what your setup looks like for both!! Luckily the T-trim has the HD bearings and stuff so that's good. And I will only be over spinning it for a couple of sec if that. Dude a TT kit built around a griggs K-member would be sick as hell!. Also I heard the maintence on the TT kits are pretty severe. The Vortechs just run forever it seems like. When will you be getting tuned?

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
I can't wait to see what your setup looks like for both!! Luckily the T-trim has the HD bearings and stuff so that's good. And I will only be over spinning it for a couple of sec if that. Dude a TT kit built around a griggs K-member would be sick as hell!. Also I heard the maintenance on the TT kits are pretty severe. The Vortechs just run forever it seems like. When will you be getting tuned?

Good you have the HD bearings. You will be OK then. The S trim didn't and it is limited to 50,000 I was spinning it to 60+ not good....

Yes the guy is on the corral and still has it, it has a crazy oil scavenge system because they are low mounts but looks killer. There is an easy 900 to 1000rwhp there. He wants $4500 with out the griggs kit, which I don't need. All I had was $3K and I didn't want to wait a month or two to get the rest cause I want to drive the car and hate seeing it down for any reason.

I will be getting tires and tuned after X-mas. (Have to buy presents and such)

Users who are viewing this thread