Guys with 10% O/D pulleys in here.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
whelp that's probably why you're only seeing 10psi lol. do a test and measure the pressure before the s/c and after the intercooler

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
after reading your post after you changed it. The S-trim flows less CFM per lb of boost. so that might be why you lost 4psi. like you said throw that same pulley on a T-trim and you will see more boost. then throw that same pulley on a YSI and you will see even more boost..

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
after reading your post after you changed it. The S-trim flows less CFM per lb of boost. so that might be why you lost 4psi. like you said throw that same pulley on a T-trim and you will see more boost. then throw that same pulley on a YSI and you will see even more boost..

Very true. Sorry to hijack..... How do you like the aftercooler? I have been thinking of doing something different like removing the frontmount and running just my meth kit. I have it on the car already but not using it together. I like alot more boost too but I don't want to go smaller because of belt slip. I am running the 6 rib.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I like the aftercooler alot. It's very very effiecient, you just need to upgrade the heat exchanger and the pump and so far so good. My tuner has his making 700rwhp with IAT's under 100 degrees. The problem for me is that I road race so I don't like getting heat soaked. so i've thought about a FMIC setup now for a while now but i don't think i'm going to do it. I can still do a lot to keep for heat soak. If I were you man I would upgrade to a 8rib and a ysi trim and spin the hell out of it lol.

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
700 huh, wow..... Aftercooler would be great with Ice in it but no track only street driving for me. But I thought the aftercooler became restrictive with the T trim pushing alot of boost. The T flows 1200cfm and the aftercooler 1000cfm. Is this true?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have yet to see any restriction at all. I'm about to making 650+rwhp and overspinning the Ttrim by a couple thousand rpms. that's whats so funny is people think that they are restrictive but they aren't. the core for the intercooler is bigger than the 04 cobra's. If the 04's can push 1000hp through there cores and the vortech is bigger then, yea.. you can do the math lol

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
This weekend I noticed I had a split coupler after the intercooler, That is why I was only seeing 10# with the S-trim. Just ordered a new coupler, we'll see if we can get some more boost now.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
This weekend I noticed I had a split coupler after the intercooler, That is why I was only seeing 10# with the S-trim. Just ordered a new coupler, we'll see if we can get some more boost now.

It's very possible that it just deterioriated over time. Glad to see you found the problem.. You might need a retune now lol

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
i have a YSI and am going to be running pump gas and meth trying to figure out some horsepower numbers. My goal is to run 9's after i install an auto i think its gonna happen!

Users who are viewing this thread