Guys with 10% O/D pulleys in here.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Now that's one heck of a meth plumb job huh lol.... Hey Dale! Hows have you been? Yep I found a spilt coupler and have ordered all new ones just to be safe. I really think it will make more boost with them on there. We will see very soon here. :)

Doin good Brian, how about you? Loving my new BMW, but damn I miss having a fast, loud car. The sounds that thing made were just ridiculous and I want them back lol.

Why did you decide to put an S-trim on instead of the T-trim? Just wondering. I think that IC system is fine and will make as much power as you want on the street. Putting in an aftercooler system just adds that many more places to have problems with a pump and cooling lines and stuff.

/off topic

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I agree adding a aftercooler when you have a good A/A setup is pointless. I was just simply stating that he could be losing a ton of boost through that front mount. But the only way to tell is to measure boost before the intercooler and after it. But if you're saying it's fine I'd take his word for it. Unless you replace the couplers and it's still down on boost. Then I would look into measuring the pressure :)

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
Well I sold the T trim to offset the funds of a turbo kit and ordered a specific k member for the kit but it was on back order, and I really didn't want to wait for ever on the order and change out the griggs front end so I just traded the turbo kit for an S trim so I could drive the car again.

Honestly the S trim feels REALLY good on the street. Boost is right there but I just noticed the split coupler so I am curious to see how it feels when it is all together.

Yes, it still sounds the same! The car turns heads where ever I go. :)

98 Saleen Cobra, I have ordered another boost gauge and am going to see what the drop is across the intercooler system.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
right on man.. yea don't get rid of that Kmember from griggs and if you want to let me know ASAP. I'll buy it

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Honestly the S trim feels REALLY good on the street. Boost is right there but I just noticed the split coupler so I am curious to see how it feels when it is all together.

Yes, it still sounds the same! The car turns heads where ever I go. :)

I'll run you with the S-Trim installed, then. No need to bolt on the YSi for a little ol' convertible. ;-)

I didn't know that the car was running FR500 cams too. I want to install a set, but I'm head-studded and dropping the motor for a cams/valves/springs install sounds kinda cha-CHING...

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
I'll run you with the S-Trim installed, then. No need to bolt on the YSi for a little ol' convertible. ;-)

I didn't know that the car was running FR500 cams too. I want to install a set, but I'm head-studded and dropping the motor for a cams/valves/springs install sounds kinda cha-CHING...

The S-trim decided it was time to give up the ghost. (bearing failure) So that's why the YSI upgrade. Yep, head studs here too... luckily the previous owner had the cams installed when the new motor was being built.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
jeez lol. that sucks about the bearing but the YSI will definatley make it a whole new animal

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
Not sure on the boost numbers but the YSI will be pullied with a 2.95 and with the 10% dampener. I would like to pick up a 15% one if I can. I shift the car at 7500+ so the blower rpm will be there. I can't wait..... 78% efficiency and 65,000 rpm limit :coolman:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The S-trim decided it was time to give up the ghost. (bearing failure) So that's why the YSI upgrade. Yep, head studs here too... luckily the previous owner had the cams installed when the new motor was being built.

Damn that really sucks about the s-trim. And you're welcome about the cams :coolman:

Not sure on the boost numbers but the YSI will be pullied with a 2.95 and with the 10% dampener. I would like to pick up a 15% one if I can. I shift the car at 7500+ so the blower rpm will be there. I can't wait..... 78% efficiency and 65,000 rpm limit :coolman:

Holy damn :eek: That'll definitely make up for the slightly lower compression :rockon:

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
Just got the 15% OD balancer the other day, it's going on tonight or tomorrow. Man it is big, I would hate to see the 18% lol YSI is on and pullied for max rpm at 7500!! I will keep you guys updated but I want to know how much the 15% will add compared to the 10%. I know it will help building the boost down low a little.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
I'm interested in this, as well.. I'm building a 2 valve right now with heads/cams, Novi 2000, and A/A cooler.. I'm running the 10% OD pulley, and I haven't decided on a blower pulley just yet. I kinda wanted to ask around to see where I should start. I'd like to be at 17-18psi on pump gas/meth. I think the YSI and Novi 2000 are very close in output, so, keep us updated! :)

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
i dont think the YSI and novi are really close the novi is compareable to a D1sc isnt it? The ysi is closer compared to an F1-C

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
Air Flow

Procharger:
P1 - 1200 CFM
D1 - 1400 CFM
F1A - 1650 CFM

Vortech:
S-Trim - 1000 CFM
Si-Trim - 1150CFM
SQ-Trim - 1000 CFM
T-Trim - 1200 CFM
JT-Trim - 1450 CFM
Ysi - 1600 CFM

Paxton:
Novi 1200 - 1000 CFM
Novi 1500 - 1200 CFM
Novi 2000 - 1400 CFM
Novi 2200 - 1450 CFM

1000 CFM = 680 supportable HP
1200 CFM = 825 supportable HP
1400 CFM = 925 supportable HP
1600 CFM = 1200 supportable HP

Last edited:

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
The Novi 2000 used to be rated at 1700cfm.. When Vortech bought out Paxton, they dropped it to 1400cfm. The Novi 2000 will out muscle the D1, and is more along the lines of a YSI.

Travis

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
The Novi 2000 used to be rated at 1700cfm.. When Vortech bought out Paxton, they dropped it to 1400cfm. The Novi 2000 will out muscle the D1, and is more along the lines of a YSI.

Travis

Well, I guess I'm the lucky one. I bought my Novi 2000 before Vortech took over. Now it is equipped with ceramic bearings too after the rebuilt.:pepper:

Last edited:

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
Well I got the YSi on and all I can say is GOOD GOD what a monster!! Louder than the T trim which I love, and pulls like a friggin freight train. I thought the T trim pulled hard. I saw 16# but I didn't go over 5000rpm cause it's still on the T trim tune, and I will be getting it retuned with in the next couple weeks for the added power. I will have a vid coming up soon. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread