Guys with 10% O/D pulleys in here.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hey guys so i'm looking to up the boost in my car and I need 3-4psi max!. I talked with vortech and I need to go with a 2.75 blower pulley from my 3.0'' right now. My question is this, for those of you that have the 10% O/D pulley how much boost increase did you see from the stock crank pulley?? This would really help me out. Thanks guys. :beer:

flyNbyU

Established Member
Never used my stock crank pulley, but mine measures 30 psi with an overdrive crank pulley and a 2.7 rr upper. Hope this helps any..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
well not really lol, I need someone who went from a stock crank to a 10% O/D and kept the same s/c pulley.. but god damn 30psi!!! effing crazy.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
i have an S trim and i saw 4 psi when i swapped crank pulleys. i run a 3.12 and see 16psi

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ thanks buddy. My tuner just said the same thing.. Looks like it's about 4psi.. Thank you for the replies guys :beer:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
i have an S trim and i saw 4 psi when i swapped crank pulleys. i run a 3.12 and see 16psi

That is a 6 rib setup? I was thinking of dropping from 3.2 inch on my P1sc, but know I would have slipping issues.

Does an OD pulley minimize or eliminate slipping issues?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
it will help with eliminating it because it's bigger and you will have more belt wrap and contact with the crank pulley itself.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
That is a 6 rib setup? I was thinking of dropping from 3.2 inch on my P1sc, but know I would have slipping issues.

Does an OD pulley minimize or eliminate slipping issues?

In my case it eliminates it. I have no belt slip issues. My car made 502 at 5800 than leaned out due to fuel pump voltage issues. I have an MDM jr and the 12V wire upgrade ready to drop in. Hoping to see 515-520rwhp when we spin it up all the way.

Last edited:

03bluemach

Established Member
Hey 98 what compression are you running ?

i wonder how much more the 15% od adds, maybe im getting alittle to greedy with the boost .. but theres always meth lol

im on 8.5:1 so i might be able to get bye on 93 oct ..guess i should check with the tuner and make sure ..

my plans of keeping this car street friendly mighhht not happen lol..

sorry to get off topic :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hey 98 what compression are you running ?

i wonder how much more the 15% od adds, maybe im getting alittle to greedy with the boost .. but theres always meth lol

im on 8.5:1 so i might be able to get bye on 93 oct ..guess i should check with the tuner and make sure ..

my plans of keeping this car street friendly mighhht not happen lol..

sorry to get off topic :)

I'm pretty sure it's 9.3 I could be wrong though it might be 9.1. it's not that big of a difference though. My tuner confirmed that I will see 4psi increase.With a 15% I'm thinking you will see 6psi increase. I'm trying to keep my max psi no more than 19. 18 would be ideal and safe for me though.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Chris I run the 10% OD and get 17psi through a 3.12 pulley and intercooler.

yea i've been thinking about your setup in my head. I'm 15psi with a 3.0 which means that with the 3.1 and no O/D pulley you are probably around 13-14psi. So with the 10% it added 3-4psi for your setup. I'm thinking that as of right now I'm just going to pulley the S/C pulley down to a 2.75, it's cheaper and the rest of the money that I would have spent can go into Powder coating things :D :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
4V 298 stroker 8.8:1 cr, fr500 cams, ported intake, big accufab SBTB, blow through, 31x10x7" front mount intercooled s-trim, 10#'s, 3.12 pulley, 10%OD balancer, supporting fuel system.

did i read that right you have a 7'' FMIC?? dude that's crazy you must be losing so much boost through that thing.

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
did i read that right you have a 7'' FMIC?? dude that's crazy you must be losing so much boost through that thing.

Yes the core is 7" thick, its a twin core inside too with 3" piping all through.
I was getting 18# with a 2.80 and 14# on a 3.12 on my T trim with the same intercooler. Now the same 3.12 pulley the S trim sees 10#
frontmount2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread