Guys with 10% O/D pulleys in here.

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
huh interesting I'm making more than that on less psi.. I guess I won't know how much I make until it's done. lol

Yea tell me about it. I was hoping for 600 to the wheels. I have huge doubts about the guy that tuned my car and I will have it re tuned later on when I decide my car is finished for a while with power adders.

Don't get me wrong the car runs and idles great no drivability issues at all but just a little short in the HP dept.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Yea tell me about it. I was hoping for 600 to the wheels. I have huge doubts about the guy that tuned my car and I will have it re tuned later on when I decide my car is finished for a while with power adders.

Don't get me wrong the car runs and idles great no drivability issues at all but just a little short in the HP dept.

the guy who tuned your car is one of the best in florida

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
IDK maybe i just have a really effiecient engine.. My tuner is amazing though and considered one of the best tuners in CA..

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
could be different dynos or different compression on motors different octane who knows but im tuned by the same guy and my car rides out....

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It's possible I don't know his setup. I have alot of shit that most people don't have for the year of our cars..

Last edited:

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
the guy who tuned your car is one of the best in florida

I totally understand that. Please don't let it seem like I am downing his abilities, that is the last thing I want to do. He is extremely knowledgable.

Maybe I just don't have the right combo of parts to make the HP I was looking for. I mean you can only give a car so much boost and timing and then after that you have what it makes.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
It's possible I don't know his setup. I have alot of shit that most people don't have for the year of our cars..
truth in this!
I totally understand that. Please don't let it seem like I am downing his abilities, that is the last thing I want to do. He is extremely knowledgable.

Maybe I just don't have the right combo of parts to make the HP I was looking for. I mean you can only give a car so much boost and timing and then after that you have what it makes.

who knows man i vote you take it to the track and see what it does there!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

Dude to be honest I think you need to get rid of the 7'' FMIC and go to a 3'' or something. 7'' is way to big buddy. You're not trying to cool the enterprise here lol. I bet you will make more power if you do too.. :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Last edited:

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
Dude to be honest I think you need to get rid of the 7'' FMIC and go to a 3'' or something. 7'' is way to big buddy. You're not trying to cool the enterprise here lol. I bet you will make more power if you do too.. :beer:

That is a good idea just to see if that is the problem.
truth in this!

who knows man i vote you take it to the track and see what it does there!
You are right. I should do that but need to get a hold of some tires.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I just posted up some intercoolers that are awesome. For less than 300 bucks it can't hurt yea..

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
I have a buddy with a S-trim on a built GT using this intercooler and it's very vere effiecient.. he lost less than 1psi of boost with 3'' piping all the way through..
TR10 Intercooler- TREADSTONE PERFORMANCE
check it out bud.

Or this one if you are looking for more than 800hp..

TR1035 and TR1045 Intercooler *NEW*- TREADSTONE PERFORMANCE

Thanks for the link! A couple owners ago of my car he had a trreadstone on there but it became restrictive at a point. So this huge one was added. It doesn't look big until you look under it. lol It is 2 3.5" cores welded together.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
yea i'm sure at somepoint they will become restrictive. but at your powerlevel I don't see it happening. It should help out alot and you'll probably gain a ton of boost and power. If worse comes to worse pick up a procharger on or something, those are proven to not be restrictive.. But for your hp level the 800hp one should be just fine.

1MEANSALEEN

Established Member
Hey guys so i'm looking to up the boost in my car and I need 3-4psi max!. I talked with vortech and I need to go with a 2.75 blower pulley from my 3.0'' right now. My question is this, for those of you that have the 10% O/D pulley how much boost increase did you see from the stock crank pulley?? This would really help me out. Thanks guys. :beer:

OP If you decide this is the lower pulley you want/need let me know cuz i have one that is basically new for sale... need it gone asap - Eric

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
OP If you decide this is the lower pulley you want/need let me know cuz i have one that is basically new for sale... need it gone asap - Eric

No man I'm not funds got to tight I went with the 2.75'' blower pulley.. That and 4psi was going to be to much on pump gas with my 3'' right now..

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

It's not how thick it is that matters, it's internal volume. People put huge tall IC's on cars that have big front openings and the Cobra has a small grille opening, so a shorter, thicker IC will be the most efficient.

Just FYI, the car made 570whp with that intercooler before the engine blew up, so that is not the issue. He said he had a split coupler and was only making 10 psi, so that is most likely the problem. I really wish I had the car fully tuned before I sold it to make sure it hit it's full potential.

Brian, as far as your idea with meth injection, never hurts to try. The guy before me said he was making 620whp with no IC and only spraying meth, so it can definitely be done. He did have some crazy direct port meth system though, it had a spider of nozzles under the intake manifold that sprayed through nitrous nozzles straight into the heads.

IMG00007-20090802-1901.jpg

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member
Now that's one heck of a meth plumb job huh lol.... Hey Dale! Hows have you been? Yep I found a spilt coupler and have ordered all new ones just to be safe. I really think it will make more boost with them on there. We will see very soon here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread