Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Calling Barry!! Where are you? I haven’t talked to him forever. I wanna some videos.

Come on folks, I wanna see some videos, not how you used to play. Post up some videos. I can watch that stuff all day. It only motivates me to play more. Maybe this thread will motivate you to grab that guitar and strum the dust and rust off of those strings!!
I play everyday. There are a lot of recordings out there with me playing bass or guitar. I avoid videos though. They are out there, but you have to know where to look.

@TK1911 will likely get to hear me play an acoustic set this Winter. Who knows, he may post a video if asked nicely.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Calling Barry!! Where are you? I haven’t talked to him forever. I wanna some videos.

Come on folks, I wanna see some videos, not how you used to play. Post up some videos. I can watch that stuff all day. It only motivates me to play more. Maybe this thread will motivate you to grab that guitar and strum the dust and rust off of those strings!!
I just texted him this link. He works a shit load lately though.

musclefan21

Established Member
I m excited to check out some of Barry’s work.
You don’t realize how much work and talent it takes to play the guitar until you grab one and legitimately try and learn. I m pretty sure I could have Cured cancer by now if I were to give all that focus on researching that lol. And I still suck at it, that’s the kicker

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I m excited to check out some of Barry’s work.
You don’t realize how much work and talent it takes to play the guitar until you grab one and legitimately try and learn. I m pretty sure I could have Cured cancer by now if I were to give all that focus on researching that lol. And I still suck at it, that’s the kicker
Learn "Flight of the Bumblebee". :)

fangstang

Established Member
Playing guitar has been a lifelong dream of mine. Problem is, I never took time to learn. Something always came up. I just bought a new Gibson Explorer and a sick amp setup to motivate me to play. I have been playing, but its been pretty frustrating. In my mind, I can rock, but reality says otherwise. lol. Any tips?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
He's not on much at all these days it seems. He was a regular in the SN95 section back in the day though. Not many left these days.
New job...
We talk like twice a week. He’s become a very good friend. I’ve been there, and he and his wife have actually stayed at my house. No homo, lol.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Playing guitar has been a lifelong dream of mine. Problem is, I never took time to learn. Something always came up. I just bought a new Gibson Explorer and a sick amp setup to motivate me to play. I have been playing, but its been pretty frustrating. In my mind, I can rock, but reality says otherwise. lol. Any tips?
Youtube Mary Swartz. Simple online lessons.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
You mean, Marty Swartz? I've watched a bunch of his videos. Is it best to go get lessons or figure it out on my own? I'm always the type to try and figure it out on my own, but I want to learn from the ground up.
Yes, Marty. Sorry, I didn't proof read.

Lessons can help everyone. Even pros take lessons to better themselves. It helps in progressing forward instead of getting stuck in a rut.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Love the MoP album. My favorite from Metallica.
The first 3 albums are my favorite. All killer.
I actually love the $5.98 EP as well. Killer guitar crunch on that one.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The first 3 albums are my favorite. All killer.
I actually love the $5.98 EP as well. Killer guitar crunch on that one.

I agree! After AJFA, they lost me. I have an extensive collection of their early music, after AJFA, my collection just ends.
The $5.98 EP is a great EP, it's in my top 5 for favorite EPs (NIN - Broken being #1)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree! After AJFA, they lost me. I have an extensive collection of their early music, after AJFA, my collection just ends.
The $5.98 EP is a great EP, it's in my top 5 for favorite EPs (NIN - Broken being #1)
AJFA is pretty good. I think that album setting the tipping point for them.

Users who are viewing this thread