BlackHrtStang

METAL!
Established Member
Still could be something simple.

I have a Randall G2 75 that I love. The clean channel is perfect for adding a Tube Screamer and a tube preamp in the signal chain. The spring reverb is perfect.

I still want one of James' amps though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It probably is some little cap that's bad like James mentioned. I know it still kinda works as I can hear some sound coming out of it but it's just barely audible over me.struming the strings. But I can hear all the different channels, I just don't have any volume. Oh and btw James builds amps?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
It probably is some little cap that's bad like James mentioned. I know it still kinda works as I can hear some sound coming out of it but it's just barely audible over me.struming the strings. But I can hear all the different channels, I just don't have any volume. Oh and btw James builds amps?

Yes, James builds amps.

It's a stupid question, but one I will ask anyway; "Do you have you EQ knobs turned up"? If they are all on 0 or low you will not get any sound.

I've done it and then realized it later.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Finally got around to bringing some of my gear home to make a quick vid. ill make more of different genre's. Here's a blues improvise lead over a back track in Em....and let me just say EM is one of my worst keys. I love B and G. Im playing on an American Standard Fender Strat Aged Cherry Burst on a Boss GT100 pedal through decent computer speakers. Was recorded on an LG V30 Thin Q so sound quality isnt that good. This sounds better on computer speakers than it does a device. anyway. I never post vids of myself playing ever. this is a 1st. let me know if you enjoy.

Sweet!

BlackHrtStang

METAL!
Established Member
Yes, James builds amps.

It's a stupid question, but one I will ask anyway; "Do you have you EQ knobs turned up"? If they are all on 0 or low you will not get any sound.

I've done it and then realized it later.

Ya I thought about that too since it had been so long. Lol. But with any if the gains turned up and the master knob it is barely above a whisper, but you can still hear it going through each channel that you select. I also haven't tried putting the head on my combo amp either to try and rule out my cabinet.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Ya I thought about that too since it had been so long. Lol. But with any if the gains turned up and the master knob it is barely above a whisper, but you can still hear it going through each channel that you select. I also haven't tried putting the head on my combo amp either to try and rule out my cabinet.

Can you post a pic of the front of the amp? I want to see the settings if that's OK with you. There could be something simple you're missing.

Also try a different cable.

Working with music is my day job. If I'm not recording or mixing, I am installing equipment, and sometimes doing a few repairs.

I have found stuff as simple as dirty pots and switches, to resistors that have gone bad. Humidity and heat can also damage a solid state amp head.

I have personally gone on stage and found myself without sound. Power was on, standby was off, all speaker wires connected, etc. I turned the master full right, and cranked the gain, and nothing. That was the first time I saw my EQ knobs all turned to the left. EQ knobs are volume controls for different frequencies.

Another time I had a head phone jack stick on an amp. The crossover would not allow the signal flow to the main speaker. That little feature was removed when I got home.

My greatest blunder was one we have all done, but refuse to admit. I plugged in my pedals, ran a cable to the head, an then looped my guitar cable through the strap. I normally play an active bass, so they are unplugged unless I'm playing. I looked for an issue for 15 minutes. I didn't have the chord plugged into the guitar. I was impressed with myself. No one let me live that down the rest of the night.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member

We're on facebook, even. Look up Ill Advised Physics Amplification!

BlackHrtStang

METAL!
Established Member
Can you post a pic of the front of the amp? I want to see the settings if that's OK with you. There could be something simple you're missing.

Also try a different cable.

Working with music is my day job. If I'm not recording or mixing, I am installing equipment, and sometimes doing a few repairs.

I have found stuff as simple as dirty pots and switches, to resistors that have gone bad. Humidity and heat can also damage a solid state amp head.

I have personally gone on stage and found myself without sound. Power was on, standby was off, all speaker wires connected, etc. I turned the master full right, and cranked the gain, and nothing. That was the first time I saw my EQ knobs all turned to the left. EQ knobs are volume controls for different frequencies.

Another time I had a head phone jack stick on an amp. The crossover would not allow the signal flow to the main speaker. That little feature was removed when I got home.

My greatest blunder was one we have all done, but refuse to admit. I plugged in my pedals, ran a cable to the head, an then looped my guitar cable through the strap. I normally play an active bass, so they are unplugged unless I'm playing. I looked for an issue for 15 minutes. I didn't have the chord plugged into the guitar. I was impressed with myself. No one let me live that down the rest of the night.

I have tried multiple cables and guitars. One set up will work with my combo amp and then not on the half stack.
1549683381827.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread