musclefan21

Established Member
Carl brown from guitarlessons365 is the reason why I am able to play most of the stuff I play. He is great. Highly recommended

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I have played for 40 years. when I was 45, I was feeling that I hit a pinnacle, a box that i couldnt out of. playing the same lead licks from the same penatonic box. So i wanted to get better. I found a guy named David Brewster. Pretty credible guy. Published author of guitar books and guitar magazine. I went for 6 months, he taught me theory and technique. 200 an hour twice a month. A book he was writing at the time I think it was called harmony guitar or something like that, talked about getting out of a box your stuck in, he wrote about his student ( me ) in that chapter. He was big on the mixolidian scale. which I dont even know how to apply that.

I got a new strat severak months ago, but never had the set up done. Took it to Jerry Lyda of the artimus pyle band to do my set up. if you have a store bought fender, chances are its never been set up correctly. Jerry lowered the action, adjusted the rod and corrected the intenation and locked my bridge down. plays much better

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Anyone playing like this:

When it comes to playing live I normally have an acoustic or a bass on stage. I am much more accomplished as a bassist. There is just something fun holding down the low end and keeping the groove.

I have been known to mess with the drummer, and also hop off stage and get involved with the crowd. It all depends of the setting and venue. Playing live is all about putting on a show. You may as well have fun while embarrassing yourself.

When I play a live acoustic set all bets are off in regard to what may happen. I will tell as many stories and jokes as songs. As long as people are staying in the venue and paying money the owner or manager is happy.

...and I suck as a drummer. I can't keep a solid rhythm very long at all when I have to use my hands and feet at the same time.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
My dad went to school at Glenn Hills in Augusta, GA with Steve Morse. He played keys with him before Steve moved on to bigger things.

Music was one of those things I took for granted. My dad always messed with a guitar, piano, or keyboard. My grandmother was a pianist. I really didn't have an option, I was taught to play.

By 15 I was playing bars in Athens. At 19 I said I was finished. Pro music was a rip off. The musicians were king on stage, and then slaves to the industry. I had one guitar, a Yamaha acoustic that I kept around. That was stolen, and I didn't miss it. A year later my wife to be bought me another Yamaha acoustic.

In 2002 or 2003 things came full circle. One jam session had me playing again.

Today I am a producer and engineer. I never saw that coming. I have learned that I am not the only ordained minister in the music business.

musclefan21

Established Member
I freaking loved that guitar-off and enter sandman kill shot at the end!! Metal rocks!! :)

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thought this thread was for clips of SVTP folks?
I can post lost of vids of my favs tearing up the guitar, but let's see the local crew.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Thought this thread was for clips of SVTP folks?
I can post lost of vids of my favs tearing up the guitar, but let's see the local crew.
@STAMPEDE3 @CV355 @Outlaw99 post up some videos. I will try to remember to record a bit of my practice routine later today. I'm not sure if I will break out a bass or guitar. I need to polish up on both, I've been a bit slack for a couple weeks. Just little maintenance riffs to keep my fingers loose.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
@STAMPEDE3 @CV355 @Outlaw99 post up some videos. I will try to remember to record a bit of my practice routine later today. I'm not sure if I will break out a bass or guitar. I need to polish up on both, I've been a bit slack for a couple weeks. Just little maintenance riffs to keep my fingers loose.

Ill have to make some vids. Or i could post vid links to bands i have played with. Mostly christian bands. I have played in bands since i was in middle school. In 1989 when i was 19 i joined a road band called pryme tyme and we played all over the east coast and gulf side of florida. In 2012, my heart started to change. I feel blessed with the amazing talent i was given and decided to use that talent to serve my church. Recently, i declined to join an Eagles tribute band. I am going to stay in the Christian music arena. Its really cool that my church has an incredible concert venue style sound system. Truly state of the art. We rock every weekend. The front supports of our stage are twelve 18 inch subs. It thumps.

Ill post some links soon. Ill bring my gear home and make some vids.

I play a 2017 Fender Strat aged cherry burst, solid maple body and neck.

Effects. I use a Boss GT100. Getting ready to go back to a full pedal set up. Not liking the digital boards.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

CV355

_
Established Member

You know my feelings on that... :/

I'll think about it. In the 20 years I've been playing, I think 12 people have heard/seen me play max.

Maybe everyone can post pics of their gear?

That I can do... As long as my face isn't in it haha

The Engl/Mesa/AXEFX2 is gone now. That used to be my rig. Now I run straight VSTs through Yamaha studio monitors. I went through a "maybe if I get the gear I'll actually play out somewhere" phase and it didn't happen.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3367.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3367.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1243.JPG
    IMG_1243.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
My ibanez rgaix6fm

My buddy who is a respectable guitarist, had his own heavy metal band for quite sometime checked it out and said it’s a top notch guitar that you could do shows with. It was a bit pricey, but glad I bought it. I love it!

Attachments

• 8FDEEFF8-56F5-4656-BCEC-49BF0D020476.jpeg
    8FDEEFF8-56F5-4656-BCEC-49BF0D020476.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 151

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
My ibanez rgaix6fm

My buddy who is a respectable guitarist, had his own heavy metal band for quite sometime checked it out and said it’s a top notch guitar that you could do shows with. It was a bit pricey, but glad I bought it. I love it!
I see a Strat hiding under that massive arm.

Users who are viewing this thread