Guard Dog

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My boy, Kane, always ends up on the floor at the foot of our bed after we go to sleep. He's my wife's shadow and he's there every morning. The only exception is when my 4yr old nephew stays the night with us. I didn't even notice he wasn't in the room when I got ready for work this morning. My wife sent me this picture when she got up. He's always on guard when my nephew is around. When he's playing inside or out or when he's sleeping, he's always watching out for him. With a 125lb Doberman as a big brother he doesn't have to worry about much lol. Anyone else have dogs like this? :beer:

Kane1_zpsccb7996e.jpg

Burn'nRubber

Established Member
That's pretty cool, good looking dog. My parents rat terrier mix is like just like that. He probably isn't quite the gaurd dog your dobbie is but at least he tries.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I'm usually out in the field for work, it's nice knowing that he's home watching over my gal. Mine is bad about sticking his head through the window blinds if he hears a car pull up. Dobermans FTW

935279_10102140972336120_2051729424_n.jpg

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Smart dog I really think dogs sense the weakest 'pack' member and try to protect them. My Rotty was my Wife's guardian when she was pregnant with my daughter. I know it sounds odd but he must have known she was pregnant....he followed her EVERYWHERE and always laid as close as he possibly could to her. He was only like that with her when she was preggo, then when my daughter was born he was her guardian. Dogs are amazing animals. I was so sad when he passed a couple years back.

Last edited:

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Scott that's awesome.. It never gets old hearing about a dogs love for humans.

My cousin has two brown Dobermans (male and female) and they are bigggg.. I can't imagine one trying to use my leg or arm for a chew toy..haha..

Last edited:

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I have a 10 year old pitbull, that follows my wife around everywhere during the day very annoying at times, When iam at home he sleeps at the door way of our bedroom when iam on graveyard shift at work, he sneaks into my room and lays at the foot of our bed.

Adiabatik

Banned
My little girl (RIP Magic) was the same way with me. In fact, anytime strangers would come over, she plotted herself in front of me and snarled at anyone who got remotely close. GOD I miss her :(

03SVTCobraDave

Established Member
When my nephew stays with me also my boxer-pitbull mix (Buddy) always protects him! Big ass dog acts like hes a small dog like my minpin. Gotta love a big guard dog!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
These 2 go to bed at the foot of our bed every night.....in the bed. The little one (named Cane) always gets down later and sleeps on his bed in the corner of the room but the big one (alpha named Bruno) stays in the bed all night. Sometimes if Bruno hears something suspicious he will get out of bed and actually go upstairs to check on the kids. I know this because he licks them in the night when he goes up there and sometimes it wakes them and they remember it the next morning. When he feels all is safe he gets back in bed with us. Heck if my wife or I get up in the middle of the night he gets out of bed and follows us. I will have a Shepard for the rest of my life.
IMAG1568_zpsa943581c.jpg

IMAG0923_zpsdf2436ad.jpg

Last edited:

Silversnake13

Established Member
dobermans are protective naturally, its in there blood lines, I have a 4 year old red, and he will stand in front of my fiance 1000 to 1 than me when someone comes to the door or passes us while we are walking....

or he will guard my Z06

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is great! I've always admired your Doberman. Good looking dog! Dependable and protective dog! :beer: :rockon:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Thanks guys. :beer:

Yes... Only difference is mine insists on being in bed with you

He used to get on the bed until I got a new one. Now he just stares at it lol. I'm sure my wife lets him up when I work nights though.

I'm usually out in the field for work, it's nice knowing that he's home watching over my gal. Mine is bad about sticking his head through the window blinds if he hears a car pull up. Dobermans FTW

935279_10102140972336120_2051729424_n.jpg

Dobermans FTW indeed!

Scott that's awesome.. It never get old hearing about a dogs their love for humans.

My cousin has two brown Dobermans (male and female) and they are bigggg.. I can't imagine one trying to use my leg or arm for a chew toy..haha..

Thanks bro!

dobermans are protective naturally, its in there blood lines, I have a 4 year old red, and he will stand in front of my fiance 1000 to 1 than me when someone comes to the door or passes us while we are walking....

or he will guard my Z06

Yes they are, great family dogs.

That is great! I've always admired your Doberman. Good looking dog! Dependable and protective dog! :beer: :rockon:

Thanks Bob. :beer:

MysticRob

Established Member
My catahoula (girl) and australian cattle dog (boy) protect us from evil squirrels that roam the backyard trees and fence. Whenever they sense one they charge out the dog door so fast they've literally broken the plastic frame that holds the flapper.

Anytime one of us is on the 'throne' they'll open the bathroom door multiple times and peer in, making sure we're okay. I get the feeling they're really just wondering when we'll get off their porcelain water dish.

The catahoula sleeps with us (short hair, loves body heat) but the cattle dog gets the couch all to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread