Guard Dog

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
What are you feeding your dobbie to hit 125+lbs? Mine is 1 1/2yrs old and I cant get him past 102lbs. He's averaging 97-102 lbs.

He's just abnormally large for a Doberman. 102lbs is actually on the big side. The AKC standard is 90lbs I believe. He's really tall though too, just over 30" at the withers where 27" is average. Literally every time we take him out I hear the same thing, "that's the biggest Doberman I've ever seen!"

deepblue13

Established Member
Just got done running around the house...
Sadie2_zpsaa0aaef9.jpg

Guarding the TV remote...
Sadie-1_zpsd308fd21.jpg

She is a one year old female and weighs right at 72 lbs. One of the best dogs I've owned. My wife wants to breed her but I don't know if I am up for that.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
He's just abnormally large for a Doberman. 102lbs is actually on the big side. The AKC standard is 90lbs I believe. He's really tall though too, just over 30" at the withers where 27" is average. Literally every time we take him out I hear the same thing, "that's the biggest Doberman I've ever seen!"

Yea, your Dobbie is is tall. Mine measures 28.5'' at the withers and I think he's done growing.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I've got a Schipperke. He's a small dog, but sounds like he is a huge 150lb one. He is very protective, especially when he is eating. I can just walk near him while he is eating and he starts growling. He is getting old so everything gets on his nerves now haha. My cat always tries to play with him, which most of the time he does. He hates my brothers Chocolate Lab with a passion though. He starts growling as soon as she gets near him.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
My pup. I adopted him about 3 years ago @ 65 lbs. Very underweight, scared of everyone, not very social. He is now 96 lbs of loving dog. Sleeps beside or on me every night and loves people for the most part (not so keen on new people in my home, working on that). The vet says he is 8-9 years old currently and he has a ton of energy. I'm trying to find a girlfriend for him through a rescue organization so he has someone to play with.

I'm 5'7" for reference:

DE04F596-1F49-4F63-91C6-3DB8B9054A06-10520-00000BBB705BF8EE_zps5bad9fd8.jpg

5af69d24.jpg

He's a very handsome boy, and I really like the natural look with uncropped ears.
Thank you for adopting him! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread