Guard Dog

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Great lookin dogs guys. :beer:

Our Dobbie, 1 1/2 yr old 100lbs and he's protective of my 3yr old daughter. My wife is pregnant with our 2nd child (12 weeks along) and after he/she is born we plan to get a German Shepard as well.

24bujbn.jpg

x7nn4.jpg

Gotta love Dobermans. :rockon:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I wish my boxer was more of a guard dog. hes 80lbs, strong as a bull, his bark makes him seam like 120lbs of terror.. but hes the BIGGEST WUSSY EVER! seriously someone can knock at the door, he sounds like he will tear your head off. once the door opens (even if its friends he sees 2-3 times a week) he runs and rides under the coffee table with the tail between his legs WTF is with that!! our new puppy (16week olf pit) couldnt care less she loves everyone lol cant win

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I wish my boxer was more of a guard dog. hes 80lbs, strong as a bull, his bark makes him seam like 120lbs of terror.. but hes the BIGGEST WUSSY EVER! seriously someone can knock at the door, he sounds like he will tear your head off. once the door opens (even if its friends he sees 2-3 times a week) he runs and rides under the coffee table with the tail between his legs WTF is with that!! our new puppy (16week olf pit) couldnt care less she loves everyone lol cant win

That's all you need is the Bark to deter intruders. IMO Dogs are better than home alarm systems because if a Burglar breaks into your house and the alarm goes off, he knows he has a few seconds to grab valuable items before blowing out.

If a Burglar goes up to your window or door to break in and he hears a barking dog that sounds big, the burglar is heading for the hills because he's not trying to find out whats behind door #1. :rockon:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
That's all you need is the Bark to deter intruders. IMO Dogs are better than home alarm systems because if a Burglar breaks into your house and the alarm goes off, he knows he has a few seconds to grab valuable items before blowing out.

If a Burglar goes up to your window or door to break in and he hears a barking dog that sounds big, the burglar is heading for the hills because he's not trying to find out whats behind door #1. :rockon:

I 100% agree with that. If im tryin to break in to your house and I hear something that sounds big and pissed off, Im not going near that. I am hoping that our pit is a little more smarter (the boxer is awesome, but dumb as a door knob lol) and she will be the protector.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
Smart dog I really think dogs sense the weakest 'pack' member and try to protect them. My Rotty was my Wife's guardian when she was pregnant with my daughter. I know it sounds odd but he must have known she was pregnant....he followed her EVERYWHERE and always laid as close as he possibly could to her. He was only like that with her when she was preggo, then when my daughter was born he was her guardian. Dogs are amazing animals. I was so sad when he passed a couple years back.

My brother's Wheaten Terrier did this when his wife was just pregnant. Once the kid was born, the dog is typically right next to the kid, now.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a half-border collie/ half black lab named April that was the friend of every living thing on Earth. But she especially loved anything that was just born: kittens, puppies, babies, small kids. She would lay near them and not leave their side.

One day I was scolding my niece, she was six at the time, and she kept wanting to run into the street. The dog got between her and me and would not leave. From that point on, though, when my niece went too near the street, the dog got between her and the street and herded my niece back into the yard. It was just like watching a border collie herd sheep.

That was the best dog I ever had.

My boy, Kane, always ends up on the floor at the foot of our bed after we go to sleep. He's my wife's shadow and he's there every morning. The only exception is when my 4yr old nephew stays the night with us. I didn't even notice he wasn't in the room when I got ready for work this morning. My wife sent me this picture when she got up. He's always on guard when my nephew is around. When he's playing inside or out or when he's sleeping, he's always watching out for him. With a 125lb Doberman as a big brother he doesn't have to worry about much lol. Anyone else have dogs like this? :beer:

Kane1_zpsccb7996e.jpg

overseacobra

Established Member
Love dobermans! As soon as we have our baby and move into a house, we will be bringing one home. The same breeder that we bought our Min Pin from breeds champion Dobermans as well. We couldn't be happer with our miniature version of one ;)

Best ALERT dog ever, he packs some punch for sure but doesn't have the size or muscle to back up the attitude lol

Meet "Hemi"

IMG_3371.gif

IMG_9653.gif

IMG_0477.gif

IMG_8112.gif

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I had a half-border collie/ half black lab named April that was the friend of every living thing on Earth. But she especially loved anything that was just born: kittens, puppies, babies, small kids. She would lay near them and not leave their side.

One day I was scolding my niece, she was six at the time, and she kept wanting to run into the street. The dog got between her and me and would not leave. From that point on, though, when my niece went too near the street, the dog got between her and the street and herded my niece back into the yard. It was just like watching a border collie herd sheep.

That was the best dog I ever had.

Dogs are so awesome. :beer:

Love dobermans! As soon as we have our baby and move into a house, we will be bringing one home. The same breeder that we bought our Min Pin from breeds champion Dobermans as well. We couldn't be happer with our miniature version of one ;)

Best ALERT dog ever, he packs some punch for sure but doesn't have the size or muscle to back up the attitude lol

Meet "Hemi"

IMG_3371.gif

IMG_9653.gif

IMG_0477.gif

IMG_8112.gif

I've always wanted to get a MinPin together with my dog. It'd be pretty comical looking lol.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Apparently riding the dog like a small pony is not frowned upon in this establishment!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't think I can really count on our Golden Retriever to be much of a guard dog, but she loves nothing more than being around us.

coposrv

Established Member
I have always wanted a Dobbie. I'm stuck with this guy.

unygygar.jpg

My sister has a pitbull her boyfriend rescued at a party. Literally rescued. The previous owner was really abusive, kept her locked in a closet and would beat her when she was let out. My sister and her boyfriend stole her and they have had her for a few years now. Sweetest dog but really protective of my sister.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Apparently riding the dog like a small pony is not frowned upon in this establishment!!

I really hope my boy is that protective of my daughter!

LOL awesome commercial. Sadly now it is frowned upon. The dog is too old and the boy is too big. They'll always have 3yrs old though.

ZIMxxZUM

M0NST3RZoftheM1DW4Y
Established Member
Heres my German Shepard Mix

Here he is at about 3-4 months

8737246962_9666c179e5_z.jpg

Here he is with his partner in crime which has outgrown by now lol

8736134045_ecf2301521_z.jpg

8736119967_438ef8081c_z.jpg

Full grown

8737240956_b94f606103_z.jpg

......and falling asleep on watch

8736116375_fdeb7c61a3_z.jpg

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
My pup. I adopted him about 3 years ago @ 65 lbs. Very underweight, scared of everyone, not very social. He is now 96 lbs of loving dog. Sleeps beside or on me every night and loves people for the most part (not so keen on new people in my home, working on that). The vet says he is 8-9 years old currently and he has a ton of energy. I'm trying to find a girlfriend for him through a rescue organization so he has someone to play with.

I'm 5'7" for reference:
80F1ED99-3A6C-41AB-B462-2A3D805D52C8-7133-000007AF4D5EEC3D_zps94629146.jpg

DE04F596-1F49-4F63-91C6-3DB8B9054A06-10520-00000BBB705BF8EE_zps5bad9fd8.jpg

77E82108-A76A-4460-9410-6E89C6E684E7-668-0000004C29A21BC6.jpg

In the backseat of the Suburban. I fold down the middle row so he has play room and the 3rd row bench to sleep on:
86DEB635-8493-4E82-BDC8-18F9F5BFC330-39622-000021750931B07C.jpg

5af69d24.jpg

At the community dog park for a doggie birthday (not his, but the hats were damn funny):
2902ed07.jpg

4832509c.jpg

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Got a pic of her guarding the bedrooms at the top of the stairs this morning when I came home from PT. She does this every night.

F4D53FE1-2B3F-4F90-96B4-A11C39A615BE-9861-00000952E6E42B73_zps441e60e1.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My pup. I adopted him about 3 years ago @ 65 lbs. Very underweight, scared of everyone, not very social. He is now 96 lbs of loving dog. Sleeps beside or on me every night and loves people for the most part (not so keen on new people in my home, working on that). The vet says he is 8-9 years old currently and he has a ton of energy. I'm trying to find a girlfriend for him through a rescue organization so he has someone to play with.

That's awesome. My boy is also adopted. He was abandoned at a shop at 10 months old. Very malnourished, you could see his ribs, and he was filthy. He just turned 9 years old in January and weighed 125lbs at his last vet visit last month (heaviest was 131). By far the greatest dog I've ever had.

Got a pic of her guarding the bedrooms at the top of the stairs this morning when I came home from PT. She does this every night.

F4D53FE1-2B3F-4F90-96B4-A11C39A615BE-9861-00000952E6E42B73_zps441e60e1.jpg

Very cool!

NA_Cobra

Established Member
That's awesome. My boy is also adopted. He was abandoned at a shop at 10 months old. Very malnourished, you could see his ribs, and he was filthy. He just turned 9 years old in January and weighed 125lbs at his last vet visit last month (heaviest was 131). By far the greatest dog I've ever had.

Very cool!

What are you feeding your dobbie to hit 125+lbs? Mine is 1 1/2yrs old and I cant get him past 102lbs. He's averaging 97-102 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread