GT500 produced well into 2010? Looks that way!

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
From Mustangevolution:
http://www.mustangevolution.com/20071015523/
An articla disscussing the future of the GT500:

The Shelby GT500 will be sticking around for quite sometime according to Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automotive Inc. She stated the GT500 will run “well into the next body style”. The Ford Mustang is expected to receive a modest face lift and power increase in 2010. Dealer markups should slowly start to decline now that dealerships can not market the GT500’s as limited edition, limited run Mustangs. Those wanting the 2008 Shelby GT500 should find the price tag much more reasonable as well.

Music to my ears.. And Im not the least bit surprised.. This information also matches what several other sources have been telling me all along, and also what I have been saying on this form all allong..
That these cars ARE NOT limited edition.
What do all the piggy dealers have to say to this?:lol1:

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
Although I am pleased to hear that...it may be "too little- too late" as rising gas prices are going to kill what the "Dems" don't kill in 08. I saw the 70s kill muscle cars as Carter came in..

I was/am looking for a Shelby but I don't think I will get over the dealer gouging and greed that I have seen on this car

snakecharmer

Established Member
I'll avoid the temptation to scream "I told you so". Dealers feed us this line of "limited run" bulls*** EVERY time to justify the ludicrous markups they think you should pay. Ford isn't stupid. If a car is selling, they are going to do their damnest to make as many of them for as long as possible. Paitenence is so much easier on the checkbook.

All buying the first-year run of anything does is prove that PT Barnum underestimated.......

beabout

Established Member
I am still going to wait and see. Rumors fly all the time about production numbers and out year production in general. If stealerships start selling these things, GT500, at or below MSRP I will consider a purchase. Only my advise is don't hold your breath with Ford sales down 21%..

Last edited by a moderator:

beabout

Established Member
from what?

you do know that the gt500 is the most profitable production vehicle ford sells right now! i would not be surprised to see them up production if the vendors can keep up!

I understand by the number of posts you make that you are at least more informed, or talk more about it, than most here. Needless to say the GT500 is not the real money maker for Ford it is just an exercise in performance/specialty marketing to keep name in that market.

PS - not the most profitable for Ford but for Ford dealerships....

Last edited by a moderator:

6Guncobra

NSDQ
Established Member
Honestly...because I have already ordered an '08, I was hoping '08 would be the last year. I'm gonna be pissed if the prices start dropping because my deposit is non-refundable.

Oh well.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Although I am pleased to hear that...it may be "too little- too late" as rising gas prices are going to kill what the "Dems" don't kill in 08. I saw the 70s kill muscle cars as Carter came in..

I was/am looking for a Shelby but I don't think I will get over the dealer gouging and greed that I have seen on this car

Ever heard of the Arab Oil Embargo? Last I checked Jimmy Carter wasn't a member of the house of Saud...

Don't go posting things like this, it's clear that you don't know what you're talking aboutl.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
When is the next major body change suppose to happen?

That year has not ben finnalized. However, it has been stated that the next Face lift will occur for the 2009or 2010 model year. The Mustangs are supposed to get more aggressive front and rear end facias and trim for 2009/2010 along with some other minor updates.. I have seen spy shots of a hood that looks very similiar to the GT500KR hood.:beer:

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I understand by the number of posts you make that you are at least more informed, or talk more about it, than most here. Needless to say the GT500 is not the real money maker for Ford it is just an exercise in performance/specialty marketing to keep name in that market.

PS - not the most profitable for Ford but for Ford dealerships....

you still have not posted your information. did ford sell 21% more mustangs in 1965 compared to 2005?

if you dont know who dbk is do a search...
I'll tell you why they build what they build right now.

The GT500 is the single most profitable vehicle Ford Motor Company sells. Let me repeat that: The GT500 is the single most profitable vehicle Ford Motor Company sells. On a per-vehicle basis there isn't a single car, truck or SUV they make that makes more money. That's completely absurd given that it's an upgraded pony car.

That's the end of the argument for or against building anything else. That's not to say they won't (cough cough), but the GT500 will continue on as is until they stop selling the shit out of them.
I'm not talking about the dealers. I'm talking Ford Motor Company. The Shelby GT500 is the single most profitable vehicle Ford Motor Company sells.
Typically low volume cars make no money. The Ford GT barely made money. The Viper has lost money for 15 years. The R&D they spent on the GT500 was made up in profit almost immediately. Of course they make more on much higher volume cars, but not on a per vehicle basis. 10,000 GT500's makes drastically more money for the company than 10,000, uh, Taurii....
No. Time to production has nothing to do with it. Building a ground up supercar that costs several hundred million dollars to develop with a 4000 unit volume is a break even type project, whether it's a year or 4.. The Viper has been around 15 years and they still lose money on it. On a per unit basis, the Veyron costs Bugatti somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-8 million dollars. That's why they call them halo projects.

The GT was developed extremely fast just to be ready for the company's 100th anniversary. If not for the centennial, it never would have been made.

GT500 is a top of the range model that makes a ton of money and didn't cost a lot to develop. Can't argue with that. Light costs big bucks because of the materials, and if you don't want heavy cars, go to Washington and tell them their safety standards suck for performance cars. Light, safe, cheap. Pick two.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
That year has not ben finnalized. However, it has been stated that the next Face lift will occur for the 2009 model year. The Mustangs are supposed to get more aggressive front and rear end facias and trim for 2009 along with some other minor updates.. I have seen spy shots of a hood that looks very similiar to the GT500KR hood.:beer:

the body is done from what i have been told. i believe the determining facter when it will be built(09 as a 10my, or 10 as a 11my) will be the engine, and how it will relate to the success or failure of the camaro and challenger out sometime late next year.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I'll avoid the temptation to scream "I told you so". Dealers feed us this line of "limited run" bulls*** EVERY time to justify the ludicrous markups they think you should pay. Ford isn't stupid. If a car is selling, they are going to do their damnest to make as many of them for as long as possible. Paitenence is so much easier on the checkbook.

All buying the first-year run of anything does is prove that PT Barnum underestimated.......

I hate I paid the Shelby tax, No stripes,plain jain.Paid 50k for my car, ordered it, got it about this time last year. The extra 7K I pissed was well worth it to have the color/no stripe combo I wanted and to have it last year.

I just wanted the next Cobra like many others, did'nt want to waste more $ on previous car. Didnt feel like waiting. Shame the whole Shelby thing (Homerun Ford). Drive it every day.

Why wouldnt Ford make it for as many years as poss.:shrug: Not everyone believes the whole limited edition thing or really gives a rats ass about that or the whole Shelby thing anyway. So good luck on finding them below sticker if thats what evereyones after because it sounds like MSRP is finally here. Wait if you must or buy now, just quit posting lame slams.:beer:

PS. did you get a bargin on those two Saleens? LOL

drmustang

Banned
you still have not posted your information. did ford sell 21% more mustangs in 1965 compared to 2005?

if you dont know who dbk is do a search...

Wow, that is some interesting stuff quoted by DBK. I kinda figured that the GT500 was quite profitable relative to other cars but thought that trucks had a higher margin. Gt500-most profitable vehicle Ford sells. How about that one.
Good info.

Definitely great news indeed. I can see myself picking one up in a few years for $35k and under 10,000 miles easily. Best news all day.

Users who are viewing this thread