GT500 produced well into 2010? Looks that way!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I understand by the number of posts you make that you are at least more informed, or talk more about it, than most here. Needless to say the GT500 is not the real money maker for Ford it is just an exercise in performance/specialty marketing to keep name in that market.

PS - not the most profitable for Ford but for Ford dealerships....
its not worth trying, he is the all knowing of everything. i mean, its not like GT500s will ever stop selling like the terminators did. especially in these days of gas mileage and tree hugging. doesnt matter how profitable something is if you cant sell it.

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Good to hear. More of a good thing is a good thing. Now all those who have been waiting will be able to have a GT-500 for a reasonable price instead of babbling about buying a 08' Corvette or Pontiac Solstice or whatever the flavor of the day is. Really getting tired of reading those lame threads.

The GT-500 is a great car and it should be enjoyed by Ford Mustang enthusiast! At MSRP the car is a great value for the style, performance, and ultimate performance potential with mods. Can you say 700rwhp?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
As much as I am glad to see the prices go down on them with more numbers produced so everyone gets a chance to own one it sucks with our 08 on the way that we are buying half for pleasure and the other half as a collectors item down the road.

eci

Banned
Wow, that is some interesting stuff quoted by DBK. I kinda figured that the GT500 was quite profitable relative to other cars but thought that trucks had a higher margin. Gt500-most profitable vehicle Ford sells. How about that one.
Good info.

Too bad the volume is too low to mean anything.

hot rod

Established Member
GT500 produced well into 2010?

Somehow, I don't believe it is coming from a reliable source!

1tufgt

Established Member
GT500 produced well into 2010?

Somehow, I don't believe it is coming from a reliable source!

I can see it happening. Without a high performance model mustang out there now except the GT500, what will Ford use to compete with when the new Camaro and Challenger comes out? I don't see why they would need to go back to the drawing boards and start to build a new high performance model from the ground up again and just keep tweaking the Shelby GT500 model. It seems more logical to pay Shelby a licensing fee than to have to build a new vehicle from scratch again in the kind of market we are currently in.

ingram4868

Established Member
Would you post where you found the information quoted from Amy. The last post I read from her stated that the Shelby contract with Ford extended into the 2010 model year. I did not take that as a commitment by Ford to actually build a GT500 through 2010.

drmustang

Banned
Would you post where you found the information quoted from Amy. The last post I read from her stated that the Shelby contract with Ford extended into the 2010 model year. I did not take that as a commitment by Ford to actually build a GT500 through 2010.

Shelbyautos.com. Go to their public forums.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Too bad the volume is too low to mean anything.

Wrong. The volume a) isn't that low and b) is high enough that you're talking about a 9 figure profit sum from the vehicle. 10,000 of anything isn't low. 20,000 definitely isn't. And 35,000+ is nowhere near low.

I don't know why them building the car into 2010 is a surprise. I could have sworn I said this ages ago. There is no question that the car will continue to 2010 because the revisions and changes are already....well, uh...it's going to be built into 2010.

drmustang

Banned
Wrong. The volume a) isn't that low and b) is high enough that you're talking about a 9 figure profit sum from the vehicle. 10,000 of anything isn't low. 20,000 definitely isn't. And 35,000+ is nowhere near low.

I don't know why them building the car into 2010 is a surprise. I could have sworn I said this ages ago. There is no question that the car will continue to 2010 because the revisions and changes are already....well, uh...it's going to be built into 2010.

Got to agree with everything in this post.

It really does seem foolish to use terms like rare or limited when describing this car as it is being produced by the tens of thousands.

Would you have an idea of what the approximate per unit profit is on Fords side of the equation?

1bad04cobra

Established Member
That's awesome!I kinda figured this would happen,just didn't make sense not to.I think the facelift will happen in 09 to be there when the camaro comes out.I was looking foreword to smother lines especially the side skirts,i really don't care to much for the bulge.I can't wait!:banana:

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
A loaded $47K 2009 GT500 (price increases assumed) with a 5.4l supercharged 500 HP engine in a 5 year old body does not match up well with a $35K 430 HP 6.2l NA Camaro or a $35K 425 HP 6.1l NA Challenger both new to the market. Ford is going to have to have to offer a $33-35K 400 HP 5.4l (at least) NA Mustang to keep up.

beabout

Established Member
you still have not posted your information. did ford sell 21% more mustangs in 1965 compared to 2005?
^^^Didn't say that. I was speaking to Ford sales being down 21% from last years quarterly report. Source: Wall Street Journal

if you dont know who dbk is do a search...

^^^Don't particularly care who DBK is, was, or will be. You, on the other hand, seem to be quit taken with his writings as you seem to quote the h*** out of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

1bad04cobra

Established Member
A loaded $47K 2009 GT500 (price increases assumed) with a 5.4l supercharged 500 HP engine in a 5 year old body does not match up well with a $35K 430 HP 6.2l NA Camaro or a $35K 425 HP 6.1l NA Challenger both new to the market. Ford is going to have to have to offer a $33-35K 400 HP 5.4l (at least) NA Mustang to keep up.

When did Dodge and Chevy release the prices?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
you still have not posted your information. did ford sell 21% more mustangs in 1965 compared to 2005?
^^^Didn't say that. I was speaking to Ford sales being down 21% from last years quarterly report. Source: Wall Street Journal

if you dont know who dbk is do a search...

^^^Don't particularly care who DBK is, was, or will be. You, on the other hand, seem to be quit taken with his writings as you seem to quote the h*** out of him.

so third quarter 06 ford sold 21% more vehicles than third quarter 07. that was what i wanted to know. cool!:beer: is there net revenue down too?

dbk had to respond numerous times to the same question in the same thread. i threw it all in because of your disbelief! his info has always been very accurate and very specific!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
When did Dodge and Chevy release the prices?

they have not yet. if the camaro is anywhere near 35k it will be a stripped/no option. or about 10k less than a mustang gt. add on hid's, hud, leather, stereo, nav i bet it will be north of 40k.
i bet the challenger will cost more than the charger. msrp on a no option charger is almost 39k(38993) after gas tax. the challenger to get will be the 6.4, equal to or more than the gt500.

my best estimates, no options
09 mustang gt - 27k
09 camaro v8 - 36k
09 challenger 6.1 - 41k
09 gt500 - 45k
09 challenger 6.4 45k

Users who are viewing this thread