GT500 produced well into 2010? Looks that way!

drmustang

Banned
X10000 cant agree more. That would be the day Id pay 100K for a mustang.

100 grand for a Mustang is laughable. This is the same hype and stupidity that preceeded the release of the 07 GT500s.

Oh, thats right, only 1,000 KRs are to be built. How many KRs for 09,10,11,...............? Remember the 3,000 Mach1s that were to be built in 03? Yeah those are real collectors items now, all 16,000 of them. This stuff is simply amazing.

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
100 grand for a Mustang is laughable. This is the same hype and stupidity that preceeded the release of the 07 GT500s.

Oh, thats right, only 1,000 KRs are to be built. How many KRs for 09,10,11,...............? Remember the 3,000 Mach1s that were to be built in 03? Yeah those are real collectors items now, all 16,000 of them. This stuff is simply amazing.

Yep,there is "one born every minute"

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the shelby gt goes to lv for the shelby conversion.

on the 08 convertibles, the conversion package is $11,800

this is the msrp on the conversion, same as how a saleen works basically

someone mentioned the gt 500 going to vegas, the gt 500's are factory assembled, they do not go to vegas

the kr's will be going to vegas to be finished up i believe, but but it will still come in invoiced like a gt500, not a "conversion" add on.

and i still love people whining about dealers making big markup on these.

i used to be the same way before working in the business.

i had some fkn guy wear me out on a base frikin focus for 4 days now. today i talked to him on the phone 3 times again working on price. the car only has a $410 hold back, he had x plan,

so, after trying to work me for 4 days on a friking 13k car, he buys at another dealer, because instead of using x plan, they go $300 into the holdback, but then turns around and pays their doc fee of $250 instead of an x plan doc fee of $75.

so, he spent 4 days of my time and wasting it to save $125. so, i got 5 or 6 hours invested and i make $0.

lets see how you guys like it when you go into work for a day, and your boss says, oh yeah, we ain't paying ya today.

so, when something comes along where you get a little control on the customer. it's a bit refreshing.

overall, i do a great job, i sell more than double the average guy after only 3 1/2 years. i try to take care of all my customers. and i get a lot of repeat referral business.

but it gets very frustrating having people trying to work you over for a $100

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Beefcake, That's just the nature of your line of work. It's probably worse for real estate agents who invest weeks or months on a client driving them to 30 houses to get nothing in the end when they end up buying something else. But on the other hand there are probably days when you get 2-3 sales just by walking up to people who are thrilled to get $200 off MSRP on a Taurus or F-150.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beefcake, That's just the nature of your line of work. It's probably worse for real estate agents who invest weeks or months on a client driving them to 30 houses to get nothing in the end when they end up buying something else. But on the other hand there are probably days when you get 2-3 sales just by walking up to people who are thrilled to get $200 off MSRP on a Taurus or F-150.

lol,

you get a lay down now and then, but that is far from the norm, lol

and your right though, it's the nature to have to put up with that crap, and it's also nature to be able to take advantage of the more limited editions.

it's just like a thread on the internet, if you don't like it, simply don't read it, don't whine about it, just ignore it,

same thing about gt500 prices, if you don't want to pay whats being asked, buy something else, quit whining, or step up to the plate.

i don't mean that in a jerkish kind of a way, but it's funny to see people griping when they know thats how it works

like i said, if you were a customer who came in and bought their last 5 cars at msrp, i guarantee you, you could get one for sticker all day

Users who are viewing this thread