GT500 Prices: Post em in here!

03snakerush

Established Member
Prices have cost Ford another customer...

God I love the GT500. I've always loved Ford products. I've owned an Econoline van, station wagon, Ranger pick-up, 2002 Mustang GT, and my current prize my 2003 Cobra. So get this:

My wife and I just bought HER ( not me ) a brand new 2007 Corvette, 1LT trim, with the Z51 performance package for $4850.00 under m.s.r.p.

The dealership treated us with respect, the sales manager called us 3 days later (yesterday) to inquire how everything was, any problems etc. and this my friends kind of breaks my heart and makes me giddy at the same time.
Ford just has this total hands off approach to its dealerships that just amazes me and makes me understand how they are losing not only employees to more layoffs but long-long term customers like myself. We wanted to get the Shelby GT500 as our/her next car, but f*ck waiting for prices to come down. The Corvette ROCKS and I never thought I'd have such a positive experience buying any new car again. When we were shopping dealerships for price matching and or cuts- we finally had 1 dealer tell us, if you can get the 1LT with the Z51 for that price= take it. Anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I LOVE FORD- but not it's business practices. Good luck to those who can stick it out and get a GT500 for a reasonable price, but I'm damn glad I got my 2003 Cobra and opened my eyes to other car brands.:beer:

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
manOwar said:
IamMike said:
yeah 9000 Shelby GT's...not Shelby GT500s. the Shelby GT Hertz clone is going to be a limited production car and only for 2007. The GT500 is going to probably be closer to around 30k total production and if demand stays strong who knows. figure on 25-30k as of right now.

I don't know where your getting your numbers from but, 07 and 08 are the only two years to be confirmed from Ford. 09 is still not confirmed. IMO, and just that, 18,000+/- will be built in 07-08. They're only building 50 GT500's a day and they can't seem to ship that many. With the Vert's still on hold for the shaker 1000, the numbers will drop as the time for 07 model runs out. Job 2 may pick up the pace a bit but with the added options, you could see more holds. :shrug:

Not official but everything I've found points to 2009 GT500 figuring demand is still good enough at that time. You would think by next yr they'd have their crappy manufacturing issues under control.

still even if its only 18k total cars, thats going to be more than enough to bring down prices, especially as the Challenger comes on line and camaro shortly after. People will have more options, and at that point, I hope these dealers buying up the GT500's eat it and take it up the ass for being greedy lying ****s.

Using selling points that its value will only increase even in a car already 15+ over MSRP is unethical and complete bs.

St.Judes-fund raiser& Shelby GT500-By Ford

well I bought mind on 10/24/06,and paid MSRP--$45,060.00. This dealer received 3 shelbys,and sol all of them for MSRP. The extra one they received went $15,000.00 over MSRP. we put our deposits and made a deal back in December of 2004. We were very lucky.Robinson brothers in Baton-Rouge-----1-888-293-888--ask for Andy,or Mr. Gainer-sales-mgr. There getting one ,more Shelby GT500, but will raffel it off by selling tickets for St.Judes Hosipital,some program by Ford sponsoring it,and all proceds go to St.Judes. It's a great program by Ford Motor co.,Ford does indeed have a huge Heart to help these children. I have a shelby GT500,and I will support this program,regard less ,that I own one. It's for a good cause.Let's all of us refering to SVT/Members support this program,no matter the cost of the raffel ticket. I'm guessing it will be around a $100.00-per ticket,agin I'm guessing. But lets support St. Judes Children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS-I believe FORD is donating this Shelby GT500,like they did for Shelbys Heart Foundation,I believe.

Last edited:
Yes Ford from my understanding from SVT,will build around 9,000 units. That being the 2007/Shelby GT00,and i'm not refering to the shelby hertz model,its a different car.Ford has a contract through 2008 with Mr. carol shelby for the Shelby GT500. Matt and John,Jessie,at SVT/Ford Performance told me this information.If they go another year wich would be 2009,Ford will have to rengociate a new contract with Carol Shelby for a 2009 Shelby Gt500.Well we'll just have to wait and see,but for now production is looking like 9000,shelby gt500-per year and through 2008,will give around a total of 18,000,00,ShelbyGT500,for two years of runinng production.

03SBSVT

Banned

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
JJPMach1 said:
The dealer in my town sold 2 for sticker so far and have another 2 on order.
Dealer close to me just sold one for $5K over sticker. Too bad it wasn't to me:cryying:

marc@kentucky

Established Member
Most dealer sites around here that have had one in stock list the MRSP, but have been asking 20k over. One still has a black convert on the floor for 68K.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
with just limited research on this site i have come across 5-10 dealerships nationwide that do not sell any vehicles above msrp. however, such as the drew ford in san diego(never above msrp) thier waiting list on the gt500 is over one hundred deep.

GearShifter

Established Member
there is a black vert being sold in Inverness, Fl Citrus county for 6k over Msrp.

edit: for sale... hasn't been sold

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
with just limited research on this site i have come across 5-10 dealerships nationwide that do not sell any vehicles above msrp. however, such as the drew ford in san diego(never above msrp) thier waiting list on the gt500 is over one hundred deep.

Thats 99 idiots.

rkelon

Established Member
If you are able to wait the price will drop. I picked up a new 04 Cobra Convert for $10K below MSRP. I just picked up a new 05 SSR for 16K below MSRP. I would hate to pay $60K for the GT500 coupe and then be able to pick it up for $35K later. That is just me, but certainly do what is best for you, I grew up poor and still realize how difficult it is to acquire the money, plus I hate to get burned by slimey car sales people (sorry, I have yet to have an experience where I don't walk out counting my fingers and toes).

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
Chris Benvie said:
Thats 99 idiots.

Idiots for sure. Who puts their name on a "list", if it even exists to pay the sticker price for a car. Sticker prices are a joke and have been for decades. I personally have never known anyone who has paid MSRP for a car. Use your head and wait for the inevitble price collapse which happens with every hot new car.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
rkelon said:
If you are able to wait the price will drop. I picked up a new 04 Cobra Convert for $10K below MSRP. I just picked up a new 05 SSR for 16K below MSRP. I would hate to pay $60K for the GT500 coupe and then be able to pick it up for $35K later. That is just me, but certainly do what is best for you, I grew up poor and still realize how it is to acquire the money, plus I hate to get burned by slimey car sales people (sorry I have yet to have an experience where I don't walk out counting my fingers and toes).

I doubt GT500's will ever be selling for $35k?!? :dw: Unless you are talking used? :idea:

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
I'm telling, I've been watching Ebay real hard looking at Saleens, Roush, and GT500 prices for the past couple weeks. The GT500's are not selling for the reserve prices in I'd say 80% or more of the auctions. The demand or willingness to pay that high a price over sticker is falling off rather sharply. I think pricing will look pretty good come april or may if not sooner.

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I doubt GT500's will ever be selling for $35k?!? :dw: Unless you are talking used? :idea:
i dunno. W/ the shelby GT plus the Challenger arriving soon, it isn't unthinkable that the price will fall off quite a bit. maybe not 35k but 37-40 is def in the realm of possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread