GT500 Prices: Post em in here!

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
Don Reid

so far

5k over MSRP for a convertible to a previous 10 car buyer

1k over Invoice for a power lease holder(i bought his 15k mile mysticchrome for inventory...its damn sweet.

I'll update what more of them sell for

03snakerush

Established Member
Bay Area (Ca.) Gt500

I went down to Walnut Creek Ford a couple days ago and saw their first GT500 on the showroom floor. WOW!... Great looking car. Black on black, stripe delete on both the sides and the top, just the shaker 500 system, sat-radio, and man does that thing look like a stealth machine. The mark-up was $25,750 and when I started laughing at the salesman about that he said and I quote, " yeah I know..." I had already spoke on the phone with the fleet manager about their supply coming in versus the number of people interested in the car at that time, and he told me they had "about 40" people in line. When I told the sales guy about that I turned around and said I dont see any of those 40 people here do you? He just kind of said yeah but that's the price the G.M has set. Oh well, price aside that car looks great and I really want one. I will buy one- but it wont be for a while I guess. Anyone local here should go take a peak, because that thing looks bad-ass!!:rockon:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Sam Galloway Ford
Ft. Myers, Florida.

IMG_0885.gif

IMG_0883.gif

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
Wasn't thrilled with new Shelby till I saw it in Person.

* Dont like the Mustang GT mirrors on it, don't like the hood scoops, but other than that it's bad ass and awesome looking. When my 03 is paid off in 33 months I will be likely looking at getting one. Pictures simply don't do it justice. Once I saw it in person I knew I had to have one once I can get it for X-plan - maybe 3 years.

Here are some pictures I took with camer phone. Notice the 30K markup btw.

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

65mph_Roll

Established Member
I went to our local Ford dealer and they want 40K extra on top of sticker; I couldn’t see the sticker because the car was behind plastic chains.

I asked if I could take a closer look, and they said they preferred that we didn’t cross the chains. I informed the salesman that I have an ‘04 Cobra, and he informed me that “this isn’t a Cobra, it’s a Shelby 500 GT”.

He wasn’t too happy when I laughed out loud about the +40K.

Anyway, nice car with presence, and the Cobra emblem is huge, 50% larger than the 03/04, despite it not being a Cobra……………..

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Team Ford Marietta GA: 91K
Jim Tidwell Ford Marietta GA: 80K
Town and Country Ford Bessemer AL: 78K
Team Ford Northpoint Roswell GA: 105K!!!

I have a few other dealerships I still haven't gotten pricing from yet but I will keep you all posted.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
03snakerush said:
I just sent the guy an offer of m.s.r.p. Think he'll respond??......

my brother went down and saw it in person. he said it was the ugliest color he has ever seen. he thought the striping clashed with the orange. white or black stripe would have been better.

also said one of the stripes is already starting to peel. i would offer msrp only if the dealer clearcoated the stripes. :lol:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
My Grandma works at Mike Shad Ford in Jacksonville, Fl.
Apparently they asking sotin like $25K over MSRP, I hit the floor laughing when she told me. Last summer I was there and they had a Ford GT for $300,000. This is when people where startin to find them for MSRP or lower to boot...
I just sat in the showroom all day with her laughin my ass off.
IT's stupid how dealers do that crap.
Granted it's a fantastic car, but not $75K worth of fantastic....

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
I wonder how much GT500 # 4 & 5 went for

This may have been posted here already, but I was reading that Ron Pratte, the man that paid $600,000 for GT500 #002 also picked up GT500 #'s 004 and 005 at the same time. One was a Grabber orange vert. and the other was a red coupe. Caroll signed both of those cars as well and personalized one of them for Ron's 1yr old son. The plan is to give the son the car on his 16th birthday!! I wonder if Ron received a deal on these two, or if he was subjested to the maket adjustments the rest of us are enduring. It still would have been a pretty cool experience picking these 3 cars up at once.

Users who are viewing this thread