GT500 Prices: Post em in here!

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
My second dealer quote request. This was mid-Sept; the hasty and what I saw as curt reply really ticked me off..
Jeff,we have 2 coming these cars are selling for $30,000.00 over sticker if your still interested call me,thanks, Claude
BLAH BLAH FORD
5440 Garden Grove Blvd
Westminster Ca 92683

I sent back a reply that basically said they were equivilent to the grim that builds up on my mousepad and that more serious buyers are better informed. The actual reply was, um, tense.. They did write back with this:

Jeff, the last 2 shelbys we sold brought $30,000.00 over I asked my boss for the price and that was what I was told,no offence was intended or implied.Was not fishing for a gullible up,only quoting aprox. market value in this area.If you can buy one for $15,000.00 less from other 2 dealers,we certainly understand! The general sales manager here is Tom xxx or asst. general sales manager David rrr,thanks and have a great day.

97BlackCobra

Paul Miller Ford in Lexington Ky, sold their GT500 for 60K. They will be receiving at least 8 more in 2007. A friend and myself were browsing their Roush and Saleen's, when I asked about the GT500. They had a beautiful Ford GT in the Heritage paint scheme.

Last edited by a moderator:

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
Gt500 Prices

I passed by Gables Ford and it seems Miami got its first run of GT500's what are the prices on them ? ive read in magazines everyting from 39-52k and then a dealer markup ?? what have you guys been paying ?? call me nuts but i think 50k for a mustang is a little too much..... id still buy it if i had the money :rolling:

rollin in my GT for now though :read:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
With what seems to be a pretty slow roll out and promised production of (from what I've heard) of 8 to 10,000 units (or more?), all these dealers that are waiting for their big deal are going to end up having to discount them (and kicking themselves in the ass for being pigs and not taking the 5 grand over offers) when the flood gates open and GT500's are all over. If you want one, just wait, the pendulum always swings back the other way. I still think that Ford really should have done something to prevent (I know, supply and demand, capitalism, free market, blah, blah blah...) what I feel is almost thievery. No one had a gun put to anyones head to pay over MSRP, and no one made them buy, but its really gouging the customer and it in the long run, yeah they made a killing of a small percentage of the first ones out, but in the long run its probably going to come back to haunt them. One can only hope!!!

Last edited:

Willie

Established Member
Last edited:

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
Willie said:
I've just started looking into getting a new stang, and I'm in love w/ this car. I've found quite a few places at MSRP or really close on autotrader lately. It does seem the prices are coming down quite a bit from where they had been. ebay dealers are still waaaaaay high.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
IamMike said:
I've just started looking into getting a new stang, and I'm in love w/ this car. I've found quite a few places at MSRP or really close on autotrader lately. It does seem the prices are coming down quite a bit from where they had been. ebay dealers are still waaaaaay high.

That is because E-Bay dealers are grasping at straws. Someone else mentioned the parrallels between the GT-500 and the X-Box 360, and I always seem to revert back to that because it is so very true.

Hell when I was selling my 360 online it was a week after Christmas, and I was worried because more and more were becoming availible. I had to unload the sucker and fast otherwise I was going to get caught with a larger purchase that I didn't even want...thus I played it up on E-bay and after fees and all that bs...I only made 20 bucks, hardly worth my time.

Anyway, the point is, dealers are going to keep them high while they are on E-bay because they are hoping to catch someone who wants it now. E-bay represents peoples forcast and hopes for the Market...The real world is dictating that the days of paying 30K over sticker are vastly approaching an end if not already here.

Edit* I just checked prices of what GT-500's are going for at the Auction Block....hell the reason the dealers are asking so much right now is because they keep auctioning off the cars to other dealers for 57K-65K. The one that sold for more had 66 miles on it and was being sold new because it had never been titled.

Last edited:

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
the dealer i got mine from was asking "145k" crazy... i got it for 75k out the door.... there dealer's here in california are getting 30k plus.... galpin ford is selling them for 88k and up....

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
Willie said:

none of these dealers are selling them for sticker.... called them they want 35k over sticker.... dont post false information....... thought i was going to get another one

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
WOW, I can't believe people are paying 20K over sticker for this car, you can pick up a new Corvette Z06 for that kind of money and rip the heart out of a GT500.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Devil Dog said:
WOW, I can't believe people are paying 20K over sticker for this car, you can pick up a new Corvette Z06 for that kind of money and rip the heart out of a GT500.

I think people might be interested where the line is forming for the Z06 for $62K, so can you tell them? :lol: :fart: :read:

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
so i go into a dealership today to see what they had to say and if they had any coming..which they had 2 and sold them both, one of which to the sales manager tard I talked to today....he said they are going 20-25k over still and dealerships were buying allocations from other dealers for 15k a pop still. he told me it was a "collector" car and they were only making 20k total for 2 yrs and he was pretty certain they wouldnt be coming down in price..blah blah. he also talked about the shelby gt going for atlest 5-10k over msrp and the boss and stuff coming out soon....I think he is full of shiiiii. F'n stupid bloomington dealership dennison ford...they didn't even have a 07 stang on the lot.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I think people might be interested where the line is forming for the Z06 for $62K, so can you tell them? :lol: :fart: :read:

Bruce Glueck Chevrolet - 386 792-1111 Ask for Becky. I was on their list (hoping for someone to back out of their deal) and was called when someone did. I hurt myself and didn't pick up my messages for 3 days. When I called them back, I had missed out on the car by 3 hours :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: (they called the next guy on the list and he got it). This was about a month ago. They will put your name on their list if someone else backs out you're in. They are now taking orders for 2009 now, all at MSRP. If you want one and can make long range plans.... I don't work there but they did call me with a car to buy at MSRP. Had I called a few hours earlier I'd be driving a Z06 now!!! Thats one place where the lines is forming, at MSRP.

EDIT - I DONT KNOW ABOUT $62K, BUT YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU ORDERED (IF YOU WAIT) AT MSRP

Last edited:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
i went to another place, the one closest to me, and they had one allocated but somoene put down a 10k deposit..but they didn't even know they had hit the streets yet, nor did they know anything about the shelby GT coming out in January...wtf?

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I think people might be interested where the line is forming for the Z06 for $62K, so can you tell them?

I have seen GT500 asking prices in the 70K+ range, and for that kind of jack you are in C6 Z06 territory, and you can damn sure pick up a new C6 Corvette convertible.

I like the GT500 but it ain't worth 20K+ over sticker, and its nowhere near being on par with a Corvette.

MD03SVT

Established Member
US Shelby for sale in montreal

A huge used car dealer in montreal has a US 07 Black Shelby coupe with 52 miles on it for sale at 69995$ canadian approx 62000$ US.The 2 SVT dealers here are selling them new for 70000 - 75000 canadian although all 30 aloted are already sold.A Grabber Orange vert identical to mine went through the Dealer only auction last week here & the highest bid was 84000$ canadian but there was a 86000$ reserve on it,apperently the owner has 3 others that he is hoping to make a buck with but I know that he paid anywhere from 10000$ to 30000$ over sticker which is 57399$ canadian for a vert & 52399$ for a coupe.

Users who are viewing this thread