GT500 Prices: Post em in here!

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
Just got off Ebay, they had 6 GT 500's and all were in the 56-65K range, but it said the "reserve had not been met"..LOL!! Why don't they just start the bid where they have their reserve and quit yankin' people chains, making bids, hoping they will pass the mystical "reserve" price. Come on, next year, all the bugs will be gone, and trust me it will have em, and the prices will be more reasonable. I can wait.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
hillie16 said:
I can't believe the 2 verts are going for BELOW sticker and neither have sold. If I had the cash, I buy both and re-sell them on EBay, peolpe are bidding 65+ for verts there. Anybody got some financial backing??

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
hahah, im sure there are plenty of ballers in HI. I doubt you can touch a ZO6 for close to sticker either.

Not many but I've seen a few '07s go at sticker but none in CA. Kerbeck's recently sold two of them for MSRP.

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
rkelon said:
Case in point, I bought one of the remaining 2004 Cobra Convertibles. I paid $31K out the door. The prices will drop. 8-10K cars a year are too many to make them rare, additonally, the car has not proven itself. I have talked to people that own them...plus other cars. The car does not handle well and there are many others that are faster. They like the Saleen better.

I agree. In a recent Car & Driver comparison, a base C6 Vette with the Z51 option beat the GT500 in every performance category. One of the reasons I went to the dark side after selling my 03 Cobra was for handling and open track performance. Keep in mind I had $13K in suspension and chassis mods. There's only so much you can do with a heavy car. And the GT500 tips the scales at 2 tons.

RepoMann

Established Member
Saw an AWESOME Shelby at Ganley Ford in Cleveland, OH on the showroom floor - Black with silver stripes. They were asking $57k for it. Still insane, but it seems they are coming down a LITTLE bit.

ELITE1

addicted to SVTP
Established Member
I just bought mine at Big Valley Ford in Stockton,CA for 59,000 couldn't be happier. Torch red coupe, Stripe delete, and upgraded interior just like my Sig.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
MADGREEK said:
I just bought a tungsten grey gt500 dealers are holding on to them and again they will hold on to the last 08 when Shelby gt500 run comes to an end. Price will always be little to alot over msrp. People are coming from all around the world to the usa to pick one of these up and ship them back to their homes.
Was driving and typing this, sorry about the english

I always wonder where these international buyers get there cars fixed, under warranty or otherwise. I know there are Ford dealers all over the world, but they sell very different product lines. That why people come here to buy our Ford (or any other manufacturers) cars. Shit, the mechanics in Europe have metric sockets....:shrug:

Willie

Established Member
guys, those on autotrader are not going for msrp. They are looking for more $$$$$ over msrp

Chuck, the ad states MSRP as $48,395 and their Price as $48,395. So how can this dealership legally not sell to the first person who says they will pay $48,395?? Now, I'm sure if someone comes along and says, "I'll give you $55k", they would take it in a heartbeat....

Willie

Willie

Established Member
I just found this. The gory details of cost of ownership.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/ford_shelbygt500_coupe_2007/19298/style_tco.html

The way I interpret the depreciation, the figures listed are subtracted from the base MSRP??? Assuming it is, this car has depreciated $2,358 + $4,591 = $6,949 in two years, making it worth $33,981. Even if we assume the depreciation is subtracted from a fully loaded unit, it still makes the worth around $38k....

You've got to sympathize with anyone who pays over MSRP.... I, on the other hand, will snicker and say under my breath, "Sucker!" every time I see a new Shelby on the streets. Can you imagine paying $70k, only to have it worth $34k - $38k in two years time? That's quite an "investment"; one I'm not willing to make... On the other hand, if anyone here wants to sell me one in about 1 - 1.5 years, I'll be more than willing to travel and pay what it's worth at that time....

Willie

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Willie said:
I, on the other hand, will snicker and say under my breath, "Sucker!" every time I see a new Shelby on the streets. Can you imagine paying $70k, only to have it worth $34k - $38k in two years time?

Willie:

Don't kid yourself. There are many buyers of this car out there that wrote deals for these cars LONG before anyone else even knew what they were! :idea:

Willie

Established Member
Bruce,

Oh I'm well aware of guys who put down deposits way before pricing was announced. But for me, I like knowing how much something is going to cost before I commit, especially a high dollar ticket such as a car or home.. All I can say is, "To each his own." Honestly, I could afford one now and if I were to let my "wants" override my brains, I'd do it. But my brains tell me to wait.

And yes, I am aware that there are some Shelby owners that did not pay a "market adjustment" or a minimal one. I hope I did not insult any with my prior comment. That was not the intent. I was going with the odds that a new owner did pay substantially over MSRP.

The reason why I've been posting on this thread with "my attitude" is, more or less, to inform others that the financial thing to do is not to give into your emotional side and pay anything over MSRP. IMHO, it's bad enough to pay full retail but it's blasphemous to pay over. So if I've helped only one person to hold off for a bit, I've succeeded. This is exactly what I'm doing now. And that one person can contact me later and pay me a 10 percent commission on the savings!:-D

Willie

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Willie:

We are in agreement. :thumbsup: Paying over MSRP would be foolish and a waste of money. Unless money means nothing to you and you must have the car? :shrug: Heck, even paying MSRP is kind of silly when you think of it?

We were told the car was going to be "more" than 450 hp and was going to be priced below $40k. I was fine when the price went over by $930.00. ESPECIALLY when they announced it was going to have 500 hp!! :pepper:

I would think by Spring or Summer next year these cars will be going for MSRP and even being discounted. They are going to make a bunch of them!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Willie said:
I just found this. The gory details of cost of ownership.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/ford_shelbygt500_coupe_2007/19298/style_tco.html

The way I interpret the depreciation, the figures listed are subtracted from the base MSRP??? Assuming it is, this car has depreciated $2,358 + $4,591 = $6,949 in two years, making it worth $33,981. Even if we assume the depreciation is subtracted from a fully loaded unit, it still makes the worth around $38k....

You've got to sympathize with anyone who pays over MSRP.... I, on the other hand, will snicker and say under my breath, "Sucker!" every time I see a new Shelby on the streets. Can you imagine paying $70k, only to have it worth $34k - $38k in two years time? That's quite an "investment"; one I'm not willing to make... On the other hand, if anyone here wants to sell me one in about 1 - 1.5 years, I'll be more than willing to travel and pay what it's worth at that time....

Willie

Nice post Willie. In addition to the $72K 5 year cost of ownership you can add any dollars paid over the low $40K MSRP. That money will NEVER be recovered. These vehicles will be selling at or below MSRP before the end of the first year's production. So anything paid over MSRP will immediately go up in smoke as instant depreciation.

This is a sobering wake-up call to anyone paying over MSRP!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
its going to cost a ton of money(over 5 years) for any new car purchase. those that do not have the extra cash should not buy new cars its as simple as that. imagine what that $72k would be worth in a compound interest account of 10% or higher for 20 years?($400,000 @ 10%, $600,000 @ 12%)

for those that have paid over msrp, i hope they have had cash in the bank. then it becomes a simple question. would you rather have the cash in the bank or the car in your garage? they will never see that cash again.

Dave07997S

Established Member
hillie16 said:

They didn't sell for that price...autotrader lists the price as such but when you call them they say they want 20K over....on autotrader I found 37 GT500's that are just sitting there as dealers are waiting to land that big deal.

Dave

Dave07997S

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i have heard of two dealers that are asking about 5k over msrp right now. it will not be long before the majority will be selling for msrp.

Correct, I have had several calls for 5k over MSRP now when they were asking 20k over.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread