GT500 performance waste of money

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Well it is 18 pages long, and one of the hottest threads in this section right now.

It is good to have some excitement sometimes. This thread has brought a few people out of thw wood works - which is always great!

On that note, the very first post was about the GT being made quicker for less money.

I'm glad your excited, carry on.

Blackmax

Established Member
I swear if Shelby had painted his butt cheeks and sat on the hood leaving the imprint people here would have paid an extra $50k for that option.

Speedboosted

Established Member
It's also kind of strange/funny that putting a Whipple Supercharger on a Coyote cost about $2,000 more then putting a same sized Whipple Supercharger on a GT500 while making about %15 less power with the coyote! Something tells me some people are not being honest with themselves!

Again, do some research before posting. Kelly just took you to school though so you should say thank you.

He meant to say ..... Go Broncos!! Just came out wrong lol

Good one...**** that guy with the massive forehead

mobeydick

Established Member
Again, do some research before posting. Kelly just took you to school though so you should say thank you.
Who is Kelly, and what did he supposedly school me about? Regardless I stand by my posts. The GT500 cost less to make it go quicker for less then the coyote stock for stock. Built engines for built engines its the same. The only difference is the auto vs. the stick. Then the 11-14 Coyote platform does have a slighter better starting platform with the Automatic option. The 15-16s have a slightly worse starting point, the number of bushing in the IRS will be fun to preplace using that as a drag race platform.

1st usa car

Established Member
I gotta say... you 9s guys are about 2s outta my league! Let the big dogs eat.

me too --- maybe with a driver mod it would be 1.5 seconds

On another note -- I was thinking of getting a gt500 or a GT + turbo kit.... I am 100% happy with my choice... but I would love to get my wife an auto GT 'turbo'.

TVS VERT

Established Member
Who is Kelly, and what did he supposedly school me about? Regardless I stand by my posts. The GT500 cost less to make it go quicker for less then the coyote stock for stock. Built engines for built engines its the same. The only difference is the auto vs. the stick. Then the 11-14 Coyote platform does have a slighter better starting platform with the Automatic option. The 15-16s have a slightly worse starting point, the number of bushing in the IRS will be fun to preplace using that as a drag race platform.

Lol.....I can't take you serious since your quote of the year ...." 9's all day with a 2.9 whipple and a couple hundred in control arms "

BMR Tech

Hi! I am Kelly.

I think you've made some great points, and have it mostly figured out.

You coming to NMRA Bradenton in a few weeks?

FourEyedFord

Established Member
Bringing this up again....

So let's say you have a stock long block with tvs condor swapped foxbody. And you wanted a low 9 second ride at 3350lbs. Would it be doable with the Condor, and somewhat reliable?
It is hard to deny the amazing performance of the 15 + coyote engines, and I'm seriously considering selling my 5.4 set up to swap to a 15 + coyote engine with a Whipple. Does that even make sense to do something like that?
I should mention the car will have a 6r80 in it this year.

Users who are viewing this thread