GT500 performance waste of money

1st usa car

Established Member
I would like to hear more bout those mods --I am sure its not using pump gas and a daily driver ---
GT is a nice platform --- but with less than $3gs, excellent conditions and driver... a gt500 can run a decent 1/4mile

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Do not think that is a stock motor.

the video and their other thread on this says its a stock sealed motor, never had the valve covers I believe is the claim

edit: really makes my project mach seem like a waste...wonder how "on the edge" that is

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Does the stock 2015 GT come from the factory with a Whipple supercharger and all the other add-ons that are incorporated in the featured car in the video.
It may have a stock long block, but the forced induction and exhaust are not factory. Not to mention suspension upgrades.
Maybe someone from Lethal will check in and breakdown the mods on the car?

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Does the stock 2015 GT come from the factory with a Whipple supercharger and all the other add-ons that are incorporated in the featured car in the video.
It may have a stock long block, but the forced induction and exhaust are not factory. Not to mention suspension upgrades.
Maybe someone from Lethal will check in and breakdown the mods on the car?

55689828.jpg

1st usa car

Established Member
Just read an article of some dumb tuner was first to the new Camaro SS into the 10's --- they claimed everything was stock.. only needed tires tune and NOS -

nxhappy

Established Member
modding any car is a waste of money lol.

plus, if we are talking about money, paying 30 grand for a mustang and then modding it to make it go fast is a HUGE waste of money.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Of course, when all that boost and spray on the 15-16 GTs pop some rods and they go flying out of the block, lethal has the resources and money to have that blown engine out and a new one in within a mater of a few days.

Any car can be made to go fast, but at what expense and cost? I know that my GT500 DAMn sure was built much much much stouter from the factory with boost in mind as a standard feature. Not so on a GT.

And as was already mentioned, my car is one of 45,000 GT500s produce since 2007. They make that many GTs in one YEAR.

Just remember, anything and EVERYTHING you see Lethal, VMP, Whipple, BMR, Steeda etc do in an official capacity regarding car builds is for one reason:

TO SELL YOU GO FAST PARTS. :D Im glad they do because its fun and I do buy alot of what they use, but its a business investment FIRST; fun and a hobby second.

Users who are viewing this thread