GT500 performance waste of money

avgt500

Established Member
Bringing this up again....

So let's say you have a stock long block with tvs condor swapped foxbody. And you wanted a low 9 second ride at 3350lbs. Would it be doable with the Condor, and somewhat reliable?
It is hard to deny the amazing performance of the 15 + coyote engines, and I'm seriously considering selling my 5.4 set up to swap to a 15 + coyote engine with a Whipple. Does that even make sense to do something like that?
I should mention the car will have a 6r80 in it this year.

The 5.0 is 11.to 1, if you want decent boost you got to run e85 and still that's a lot of compression for boost.
The condor is 9.0 to 1, boost friendly but it's got a 100lb weight penalty.
Also you got 400 Cc 's and a little more safe and reliable with a condor imop.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Bringing this up again....

So let's say you have a stock long block with tvs condor swapped foxbody. And you wanted a low 9 second ride at 3350lbs. Would it be doable with the Condor, and somewhat reliable?
It is hard to deny the amazing performance of the 15 + coyote engines, and I'm seriously considering selling my 5.4 set up to swap to a 15 + coyote engine with a Whipple. Does that even make sense to do something like that?
I should mention the car will have a 6r80 in it this year.
I would say yes you can get there but you'll be on the edge of the stock shortblock.
You'd have to built the Coyote too, as the key is reliable. With stock longblock can likely do it once, but built can reliably.
-J

10 sec L

Established Member
Thanks for an enjoyable read while watching the Superbowl.......lol

all the arguing about what cost more to run 9's. Try taking a 4600 pickup into the 9s.
That will make your jaw drop, and I don't mean a little. That's my 1/4 mile vehicle and my haul junk vehicle. I also have a 14 GT500 that's one of my play toys. Its stock except for BMR suspension parts and wheels and tires, and will stay that way ;-)

Carry on

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
I scrolled through the 19 pages of b.s. can someone just say how much the new automatic can handle? Rowing through the gears is of course naturally more fun, but you can't beat a computer, any driver knows that, look at the ZF-8 in the Challenger\Charger\Jeep GC, it's a monster, no way a human could keep up with it, you are talking 50 milisecond shifts, prob faster.

Also 10sec, a vid plz? I know Diesels get redic torque, but not a lot of ponies, so after the quarter mile I'd assume she'd be finished, but them Diesel owners love chipping. Have a buddy with a Cummings engine on a Ram pushing 1300bs of tq, but only 300 hp just redic but it's not made for a race. I don't get how on a truck you even PLANT that due to the off-set weight front to back. There is a reason the SRT-10 Ram failed lol

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
People told me no way this motor could handle a blower because of vibration issues,looks like Lethal either solved it or it was not a big deal afterall. Kick ass car

The 5.2 wasn't designed to be boosted, plain and simple. Doesn't mean you can't physically bolt on a blower and/or make good power with it.

The vibration issues are very real, and Lethal's exercise has solved nothing.

Blackmax

Established Member
The 5.2 wasn't designed to be boosted, plain and simple. Doesn't mean you can't physically bolt on a blower and/or make good power with it.

Then I guess just using a regular GT is the way to go like this one, save a ton of money over a GT500 to go 7's and still on street. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eIssbP1VKg

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

I hadn't even thought about the vibration issues, until C&D mentioned it in their shootout. But it makes perfect sense since there is no counter weights on the crankshaft. I could not live with that.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
me too --- maybe with a driver mod it would be 1.5 seconds

On another note -- I was thinking of getting a gt500 or a GT + turbo kit.... I am 100% happy with my choice... but I would love to get my wife an auto GT 'turbo'.

If you are going AUTO why wouldn't you just get a Roush package installed before you picked it up? Full warranty, plenty of ponies. Last time I was at my old ford Dealership a guy had just bought a new 5.0 but before he wanted to pick it up he had them bolt on a Phase 1 Roush, which actually required a lot of cutting in the engine bay, but still, 675hp\545lbs of torque w\ full warranty. I think the total though was two DAYS of labor + the 8k price increase for Phase 1, so it ended up costing him about 10k.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Speedboosted

Established Member
Don't believe everything you read on the interwebz.

They haven't installed a kit yet. They have a kit on order that hasn't even shipped yet.

I believe you, but they have a ton of info and pictures on their website...is that photoshop and just their usual BS claims?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I believe you, but they have a ton of info and pictures on their website...is that photoshop and just their usual BS claims?

Look at the radiator shroud. Notice anything?

06699b3685d6133b7b23a21acdcec313.jpg

c563fd6c0f69881f5b6a75c0eed74282.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread