GT500 or Supercharged 2012???

96juicedGT

Established Member
Getting ready to buy either a 2010 GB/Red stripes GT500 or a 2012 GB GT 6spd. The GT500 is priced at $35K for a '10 with 20K miles. The GT is 23,500 for a '12 and I will be adding a blower upon purchase.

Just wanted your thoughts on which would be the best way to go. I have had a couple 03-04 Cobra swap cars and am looking to get back into a mustang again. Just share opinions/experiences of which you would chose and why please. Any help is greatly appreciated. :beer:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Look into mods. For the '12, add the difference in purchase towards mods and what kinda power/suspension you could have. Then factor in the GT500 and basic bolt ons/suspension. Which would be cheaper and provide more POWA! But having a GT500 is nice... What do you want to do with the car?

96juicedGT

Established Member
Look into mods. For the '12, add the difference in purchase towards mods and what kinda power/suspension you could have. Then factor in the GT500 and basic bolt ons/suspension. Which would be cheaper and provide more POWA! But having a GT500 is nice... What do you want to do with the car?

The car will be a street car for the most part with track visits maybe once a month or so when it is open. I know the thought of having a GT500 is why I am struggling. I'm sure the GT will be better in the long run with the difference in mod money. Just don't know much about these new 5.0 motors and how much hp they can handle. I have searched and it looks like some say 600 although it appears some have blown with much less.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Resale will be higher gt500 no matter the mods on the gt.
I should have waited for a deal on the snae myself.
Looking at a used boss here in town.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I would get the GT500 yes it older but they are a nicer car in every department exterior, interior and engine bay and there engine can also take more hp before you need to build them. I wish I held out bc 07-09 are low 30's with pretty low miles and the 10-12 are mid 30's low 40's. you live and you learn

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
No way I'd buy another iron block GT500. I got tired of fighting all the added weight in my 2009 GT500. OP, I could have bought any Mustang last time. You see what I'm driving.

Last edited:

dajohu

Established Member
I'd say go for the 500. I know when I got my first GT I always regretted not doing it. Now that I have a 500 I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
When a supercharged 2011+ GT is just as fast, yet making far less power and torque, just remember...I told you so. Not to mention better fuel economy.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
gt500. Love my GT but id shoot her in the face first if a GT500 came along. Its just an overall cool car without having to tinker a god damn thing. And if you do, a tune/pulley yeilds so much.

96juicedGT

Established Member
Valid points for both sides. I'm sure I can't go wrong either way just don't wanna end up regretting it either way I go.

implosive

Established Member
2010/2011 gt500s are now in the low to mid 30k range. If I didn't already boost my coyote I would be taking my wheels and suspension off right now to pick one up.

Zemedici

Established Member
Snake

stronger, bigger motor (minus the rods)
more limited production
better transmission
stock blower

Dont have to pay the 'snake premium' for parts
Cheaper
Better fuel economy

However, the GT500 will be much more refined and smooth, whilst the blown 5.0 will be more "raw" feeling. One's exactly how it comes off the production line, smooth as can be, other's built: aka "racecar", NOT how Ford intended it, and will feel as such.

Decision's up to you. If money's not really an object, i would buy the 5.0 and build the hell out of it, yet trying to keep it mildly comfortable to drive.

Let us know which decision you make, and best post pics! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread