GT500 or Supercharged 2012???

96juicedGT

Established Member
Thanks Jon! Hope all is well with you buddy and yours buddy. How are you liking your new ride?

Hope to see you at the KYHP shootout.

ARC

Established Member
You're smart, dude. You look like you got a great deal and did some of your homework in the process. Enjoy it :)

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If your not hung up on exclusivity, status, etc., a fully equipped supercharged GT is a pretty good alternative.

This thread is really at its end, as the OP bought a GT. However, I'd like to comment about your statement. The local car crowd I run with belittles GT500 owners, making the same "con" comments about the car as I listed out on page two of this thread.

Supercharged modded GT owners are OK to them. GT500 owners are, well.....just short of the stereotyped gold chain wearing Corvette owner.

Last edited:

03 KYL

Established Member
Thanks Jon! Hope all is well with you buddy and yours buddy. How are you liking your new ride?

Hope to see you at the KYHP shootout.

Jared you should come down to the NMRA event in Bowling Green in two weeks. Our whole gang will be there racing, hanging out, etc. There will also be several vendors there selling parts for your new ride, I know VMP will be there with their TVS package selling them. You gotta come down & check it out, especially if you want to get a TVS!

Last edited:

96juicedGT

Established Member
Gonna try to. I haven't been able to make it down there any, so I will try to get off work and go.

C5Reeper

Established Member
Getting ready to buy either a 2010 GB/Red stripes GT500 or a 2012 GB GT 6spd. The GT500 is priced at $35K for a '10 with 20K miles. The GT is 23,500 for a '12 and I will be adding a blower upon purchase.

Just wanted your thoughts on which would be the best way to go. I have had a couple 03-04 Cobra swap cars and am looking to get back into a mustang again. Just share opinions/experiences of which you would chose and why please. Any help is greatly appreciated. :beer:

EDIT: Didn't realize you already bought the GT, so I'll just leave this picture of my 5.0 and a GB/Red stripe GT500 here

I'm not sure if this will sway your opinion but there were only like 54 GB with red stripe GT500s made. A guy I work with has one, it's pretty striking in person. I'm not sure if these will end up being collector with their color but they are pretty rare to see.
Here's a pic for others of me and him next to eachother:
2013-09-11101833_zpsf6842610.gif

Last edited:

96juicedGT

Established Member
Both look great. I am pleased with my purchase though. Could've gone either way but to buy one less than 5 miles away and the price I paid I can't complain at all.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
Traded my 09 GT500 for my BOSS LS. No regrets. When 5.0's are trapping 120's in the 1/4 with intake, tune, xpipe , same as an upper pulley GT500. 5.0's are better balanced, weigh less, drive a lot better. Ive driven a 12' SVTPP didnt seem much different than my 09 very front heavy etc.
Id get a 5.0 auto if you drag race
or a boss for road racing.

13' GT500 if you have the money.

RC-5.0

Established Member
If I picked up the 2012 GT....What would you guys recommend for a blower choice. Looking online at AmericanMuscle and Lethal Performance. Anyone running the Roush kits? The Roush TVS kits look good.

Roush are nice, The VMP Kit (which is a jazzed up Roush), has some nicer upgrades for the same price.

Insurance and gas will be more with the Snake
RC

BLK93GT

Established Member
2010/2011 gt500s are now in the low to mid 30k range. If I didn't already boost my coyote I would be taking my wheels and suspension off right now to pick one up.

I have never seen either of them in the low 30's. When I got my 2011 PP car I paid $39,500 which was the lowest priced one I could find. This was maybe 3-4 months ago

I went through the same back and forth game on what to get. I have always wanted a GT500 and there are very few around here so that makes it nice. I think I would have tested out a boss 302 though had I been able to do it all over. The value of the GT500 and Boss holds well too.

Last edited:

implosive

Established Member
I have never seen either of them in the low 30's. When I got my 2011 PP car I paid $39,500 which was the lowest priced one I could find. This was maybe 3-4 months ago

I went through the same back and forth game on what to get. I have always wanted a GT500 and there are very few around here so that makes it nice. I think I would have tested out a boss 302 though had I been able to do it all over. The value of the GT500 and Boss holds well too.

Maybe down here in south Florida there's more inventory but I've been window shopping lately and found a bunch of 2010s for 32-34k and 2011 gt500s for 33-36k (at dealers too so there's some negotiation there). I found a white one for 33,500 with nav and everything the other day and just about pulled my blower off to go trade on the thing but I've decided against it. I like my 5.0 too much. Maybe when the prices of the 13-14 come down I'll make the switch.

mitchster

Established Member
I was in the same boat. I wanted a 2013 Gt500, but could not get one under the MSRP. Ended up buying a 2013 GT Premium and with the leftover money was able to buy a 2013 Chrysler 300 for my everyday car. The GT exceeded my expectations. I put a Boss 302 front grill, lower valance lights and a Roush spoiler for under $1,000.00. After choosing I am happy with my decision. Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread