GT500 Engine Warranty Issues-ForMoCo

Zemedici

Established Member
Ha!

31 years old in the Navy and has at least $120,000 tied up in depreciating assets.

GoFundMe is in the works.

On the other hand I seen a 5.8 built shortblock for sale for $8k.

View attachment 1510827

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@biminiLX has a stock unit he’d sell, which is the route i would go.

But lolololol at OP fail. Your face hurt from tasting the pavement so hard? Hahahahahahaha

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
giphy.gif

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Stupid question, maybe sort of on-topic.

Why don’t more people use the iron blocks of 07-10 when they start big builds or blow up their aluminum 5.4/5.8s?

Shouldn’t they be cheaper and more durable?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Stupid question, maybe sort of on-topic.

Why don’t more people use the iron blocks of 07-10 when they start big builds or blow up their aluminum 5.4/5.8s?

Shouldn’t they be cheaper and more durable?

That's probably the way to go but I imagine you kill resale value @ that point not having the correct motor

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Heavier option and I'm not sure after 1200rwhp best option is sleeved aluminum.
-J

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
This kind of crap dishonesty just drives the cost up for all of us when we purchase or need honest warranty work done.

Very disappointing to see someone use the service member card to help a dishonest situation. That is a slap to every other Veteran and their credibility.

Tom

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Heeeyyyy OP had his Shelby drag racing where I was wrecked into by a GTR. :D :D :D

*IF* the GM wasnt full of shit, then there should be service records in Ford National history indicating the nature of the work performed: Modification removal, returning vehicle to stock etc. No dealer worth a shit would perform work on a used car they are taking in removing mods without a repair order.

If there are records as such and they are before you bought the vehicle, you have a case. Mods before trading in the vehicle should have exempted it from CPO certification. Of course, the dealer can charge more if its been CPO's so the GM had a reason for wanting it to pass. If there are no records, now its he said/she said and you probably wont win. I would have towed the car right back to Perry.

FWIW, Kearny Pearson Ford on Clairemont Mesa Blvd always treated me well, even with the misfire fiasco my car went through. It almost forced Ford to buy my car back. Wasnt their fault, and it was a tough diag and I loved my car so I passed. Car got fixed, I was a happy guy.

If you knowingly modded the shit outta this car, drove the piss out of it and it broke, just take it like a man and pony up the cash for a new engine. Assuming its just a shortblock and the heads arent trashed, plenty of stock 5.8 short blocks out there.

Users who are viewing this thread