GT500 Engine Warranty Issues-ForMoCo

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OP, you have some VERY large holes in this story. I highlighted a few.

I am an active duty US Navy sailor stationed in San Diego. My wife and myself are down to one vehicle, we turned our 2014 GT500 in to El Cajon Ford because our motor blew up at 26k miles. I am the second owner of the vehicle and bought it with 13k Miles certified preowned from Perry Ford of National City. I was told by the GM Mario Lupanachi that sold the vehicle to me at Perry Ford of National City that the previous owner had modified the vehicle heavily. They said it was fine to be sold and that I had a 100k mike warranty if anything happened. Low and behold the engine blew 12k miles later with no modifications done by me as the current owner. I bought the car as is and has been the same way since I bought it with no change. I was told that Ford Corporate would not cover the engine because the PCM showed that it had been modified and only had one key cycle after blowing up. My vehicle sat at El Cajon Ford for 3.5 months to get fixed and they were the only ones that unplugged the battery terminals which would drain the vehicle of its life and reset everything. The vehicle was started by El Cajon Ford and I was told that the vehicle sounded like the motor was blown. So obviously the car would only have one key cycle on the PCM because they would have done it. Ford Corporate hasn’t reached out to me to tell me that I did this which I have done nothing but drive it. I’m being told I have to pay for tear down of the motor and cover the cost of the 18k motor to be replaced which is unacceptable because there product failed and now I’m the blame for the dealer that sold me the vehicle. I talked to the GM at Perry Ford of National City and he said well what do you want me too do you bought the car it’s your problem, I didn’t know this is how you treat active duty military members and loyal Ford owners for a 2017 GT350, 2017 F150 and broken 2014 GT500. Who is going to help me with this issue, I have all supporting documents of inconsistencies in the CarFax as well. This vehicle only received two oil changes in the 12k Miles I drove it. There is many posts on the internet on forums showing the weakness and structural integrity of the 2013-2014 GT500 motor. My point is here is how am I being held liable for a car that was heavily modified and returned to stock by a Ford dealership and then sold to me with a 100k mile warranty and then told they will not cover because of their own dealer issues? Do I need a lawyer and a news network to take this story higher? Chris S

1.) Bought it with 13,000 miles on it, drove it 12,000 and the engine blew up at 26,000 miles. 13,000 + 12,000 = 25,000.
2.) The previous owner modified it heavily? Like a different supercharger? Pulley? Tune? Exhaust? Pinstripe? What do you consider modified heavily?
3.) Unplugging the batter would not erase all of the key starts on the car.
4.) Their (Ford Motor Company) product didn't fail due to Ford Motor Company's fault. It sounds like to me their product failed due to aftermarket modifications.
5.) It doesn't ****ing matter that you're active military (thank you for your service) or a loyal Ford owner, that has no baring on the situation in the least.
6.) What posts do you speak of that show weakness and structural integrity of a 2013/14 GT500 engine?
7.) You're liable because it's your ****ing car. If you can prove you shouldn't be liable, then the liability is off of you. If you can't, the liability goes directly to the persons name who is on the title.

When do I go race? I beat the shit out of my GT350 that is for sure modded and wouldn’t want Ford to replace a thing on that car. My GT500 is stock nothing has been done to it since the car was bought so if driving 70 miles hour causes a catastrophic failure then I don’t need to buy Fords anymore. The car has no internal mods, so please tell what I need to do?

8.) Making it sound like you don't race, see below #10.
9.) That's all fine and dandy, but it sounds like the warranty was voided before you purchased it.

Stock doing rolls is not going to hurt that motor, at that point the integrity of the engine is to question. The car was heavily modified by the previous owner and he paid Ford to remove the aftermarket parts so it could be sold back to Ford. The state of California is huge on this stupid shit but doesn’t hold people accountable. The CarxFax showed the day after it was purchased that it went to a muffler shop to have headers installed.

10.) Stock rolls = racing.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Lol I was going to post a bunch of the same stuff as 13Cobra did so I will just sub for the coming lolz

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
He deleted them, I wont get into a pissing match but the car wasn't stock lol. Hopefully he can salvage some of the motor as that sucks regardless of what was done.
When you lie about what you did you get what you ask for and that goes double when you try to make it about your military service when it clearly is not

Zemedici

Established Member
Always hilarious when guys modified shit breaks and they start crying.

Guess they’ve never heard of ‘race it, break it, fix it’

The car was modified, you’re a fool if you thought for a second ANYONE would warranty a modified Shelby, especially Ford (who has zero interest in your warranty when you’re swapping shit, as it’s not how they designed it anymore)

Come on man, you’re an adult. Act like one.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
He deleted them, I wont get into a pissing match but the car wasn't stock lol. Hopefully he can salvage some of the motor as that sucks regardless of what was done.

sounds a lot like a local guy on facebook, posted vids of his car making a funny noise and head/coolant temps through the roof. He goes on to talk about blowing it up so ford will have to give him a new car (as if thats how it works anyway) then beat on it to 280 degree head temps and it the motor let go. He deleted the vids but not before a bunch of other people saved em.

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
Well, this thread is going places. Where is that popcorn guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got you hold on

@dannydarko11

You may as well follow @13COBRA and me around lololol

I'm here, I got you fam lol

Popcorn.gif

Let's go!

C'mon OP... 'splain yo'self lol

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
If it was a dealership promising to warranty a vehicle they knew was modified, that’s one thing.

This however seems like something else entirely.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
First impression was @13COBRA list. The fact that he appeals to emotion by citing his service and that this is his one and only car for him and his dear wife is a sign of bullshit.

The question is why the OP posted his obviously bullshit story. Did he think that we were going to sign an affidavit or serve on a jury in the trial of the century Chris Shaffer vs. Perry Ford of National City?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
If it was a dealership promising to warranty a vehicle they knew was modified, that’s one thing.

This however seems like something else entirely.
yeah I have serious reservations about that conversation, no dealer I know would ever do that. I talked to my dealer about mods I had and the warranty and as long as I was up front they worked with me the few times I needed work done. but they would never say anything close to what is claimed by the op

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First impression was @13COBRA list. The fact that he appeals to emotion by citing his service and that this is his one and only car for him and his dear wife is a sign of bullshit.

The question is why the OP posted his obviously bullshit story. Did he think that we were going to sign an affidavit or serve on a jury in the trial of the century Chris Shaffer vs. Perry Ford of National City?

Sympathy. He wants sympathy.

Came to the wrong place.

yeah I have serious reservations about that conversation, no dealer I know would ever do that. I talked to my dealer about mods I had and the warranty and as long as I was up front they worked with me the few times I needed work done. but they would never say anything close to what is claimed by the op

I will go out of my way to try and get something covered under warranty for a customer, now with that being said...ANY type of modification to a vehicle will immediately put gray area on what is able to be paid for by a extended service contract or warranty and what is not.

Warranties/service contracts are more or less insurance. If the holder of the policy can prove within reasonable doubt that a modification caused the failure, they're free and clear from obligation to correct the problem at no additional cost to the consumer.

Wild examples:
* Axle back exhaust. If the axle back exhaust is installed with one or both of the tips not centered in the exhaust cutout on a Mustang, and it burns up the bumper valence, a reflector or even blackens the paint....NOT WARRANTY.
* Window Tint. If the window tint is not applied correctly and it 'bunches' up at the bottom of the glass window and creates more friction for the window motor to function, causing a failure....NOT WARRANTY.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
and I will give you another example. I had a 2002 GT convertible, girlfriend at the time laid a tube of superglue on the shifter boot plastic. it ran and screwed it up big time. Drove it to my dealer and asked them how much it would cost to replace it. I was having some warranty work done anyway and he said "let me see what I can do". they covered it under warranty. don't know how but I was grateful LOL

I will go out of my way to try and get something covered under warranty for a customer, now with that being said...ANY type of modification to a vehicle will immediately put gray area on what is able to be paid for by a extended service contract or warranty and what is not.

Warranties/service contracts are more or less insurance. If the holder of the policy can prove within reasonable doubt that a modification caused the failure, they're free and clear from obligation to correct the problem at no additional cost to the consumer.

Wild examples:
* Axle back exhaust. If the axle back exhaust is installed with one or both of the tips not centered in the exhaust cutout on a Mustang, and it burns up the bumper valence, a reflector or even blackens the paint....NOT WARRANTY.
* Window Tint. If the window tint is not applied correctly and it 'bunches' up at the bottom of the glass window and creates more friction for the window motor to function, causing a failure....NOT WARRANTY.

Users who are viewing this thread