GT500 Engine Warranty Issues-ForMoCo

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was told that the vehicle was modded by the previous owner and that is was perfectly fine so they sold it as a certified preowned car. CPO has a 100k Warranty on it which then covers all plus I have the power train warranty on it as well. Lawyer has been contacted for these transgressions

I've seen cases like this before.

Dealership sells a CPO unit that does not qualify, buyer has an issue, goes after dealership....they get awarded the presumed cost of purchasing a CPO vehicle instead of a regular pre-owned vehicle.

Also, are you going to just ignore the allegations of your GT500 being tuned, ran the piss out of, etc? Just curious.

Stanger00

Established Member
I was told that the vehicle was modded by the previous owner and that is was perfectly fine so they sold it as a certified preowned car. CPO has a 100k Warranty on it which then covers all plus I have the power train warranty on it as well. Lawyer has been contacted for these transgressions

You sure a disconnected battery will erase key cycles? That seems like an important item for an engineer to have stored in the ECU that can't be erased with loss of battery power. Just my opinion.

Why didn't you take it to the dealer you bought from?

Also, you said you're down to one car but you wrote you're loyal Ford family with 2017 GT350, 2017 F150 and broken 2014 GT500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"Just returning my car to stock because I blew the motor... no biggie."

chris-jpg.1510657

chris2-png.1510658

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Without a VIN it wouldn't matter.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk
it would give them a basis for doing a bit of investigative work. esp when you add a link to this thread LOL

MG0h3

Established Member
Well since he lied about the car being stock, I’d venture to say he’s lying about what the selling dealership told him about the warranty. Might explain why he isn’t going back there.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Stanger00

Established Member
The funny thing is, did he really think bitching about to an online forum would get Ford to fix it? Ha.

I'm thinking the same thing. I can't contain the laughter just thinking this is the truth. OPs thoughts, get on SVTP someone will white knight me and Ford will fix my screw up.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OP to wife- "Honey, we royally screwed up. Now, if anyone asks you, the dealership guaranteed everything would be covered under warranty. Also, don't forget, the keyword in EVERY conversation about it, is "STOCK". If this doesn't work, we're starting a GoFundMe."

OP's wife- "I had no idea I married such a Democrat."

Stanger00

Established Member
OP to wife- "Honey, we royally screwed up. Now, if anyone asks you, the dealership guaranteed everything would be covered under warranty. Also, don't forget, the keyword in EVERY conversation about it, is "STOCK". If this doesn't work, we're starting a GoFundMe."

OP's wife- "I had no idea I married such a Democrat."

Ha!

31 years old in the Navy and has at least $120,000 tied up in depreciating assets.

GoFundMe is in the works.

On the other hand I seen a 5.8 built shortblock for sale for $8k.

760d65a6cc018a01006d9512a37dddcd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread