GT500/brand loyalty

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
And just to voice from the other side, most people work Monday - Friday, right? Well That means that everyone and their mother Wants an oil change on Saturday .

And appointment guarantees you a place in line. However if you’re a walk in customer, and you’ve been waiting an hour, then someone walks in with an appointment, they should go to the front with no wait? Gotta be reasonable. Your $40 is the same as their $40.

Do the oil change during the week, or on Saturday EVENING. Hell ask the dealer when it’ll be slow, chances are they won’t say Saturday.

Drop the car off for an hour.

That's fine, but then staff accordingly. You see the appointment demand and you know a good estimate on potential walk-ins, hell you even decline certain weekends on end and book a month out. I'm not calling on a Friday and asking to have service done that Saturday AM like a jackass. That Ford dealer seemed to have no problem staffing accordingly for a 8am Saturday drop off where we're in and out in 5. Hyundai had one person for the entire service center. Keep in mind, I'm simply dropping the car off, not waiting, so they can have all freaking day to **** with it. I just need to go "I'm Thomas, this is what I need done, hers the keys, call me when you're done". Why am I standing here for 45 minutes to just give you the keys to my car so I can pay you to work on it? That's incredibly asinine.

And yes, the person with appointment should go ahead, especially if they are simply checking in/dropping off their vehicle. That's the whole point of a ****ing appointment. I had the where-with-all to make the appointment because I'm a responsible human and not wait until the morning of and wake up like "oh, think I'm gonna go to the dealership today and see what happens" like a ****ing plebe lol.

Why would I drop the car off on a Saturday evening? Then what, pick it up Monday before work? How much a pain is that for a goddamn 1hr max oil change. Nah, I drop of Saturday AM and pick it up when they're done. Its not a hard concept, its just a damn oil change, and they probably have two if not more lackeys on the oil change rack to do it. Like I said, the Ford dealer has no problem with this concept, Hyundai? Its like re-inventing the wheel. And trust me, the Hyundai's here, if I asked them "When are you guys slow?" they would probably halt and catch fire. I was semi-disappointed when they announced the new Genesis luxury brand, like "Sweet, no more dealing with bunk ass Hyundai dealers, get that upscale lexus/infiniti/acura treatment" but then noooooo, the Genesis Coupe doesnt count! Its got Genesis in the name!

I wont even talk about the time they gave me the keys to someone elses 2013 3.8 Ultimate with the same color..... Shouldve taken it and just acted dumb "man, did you guys do a tuneup? Seems quicker."

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Ironically I’m reading this thread while having the wife’s Dodge serviced (oil change and tire rotation). I swear, Dodge overcharges for these services. I swear I could get an oil change for $30 and rotation for $10 with a Honda, but Dodge dealers charge $60 for oil change alone!! Wtf!?! No coupons either. Ugh!

On a side note, had to have my manifold replaced under warranty on my GT in November. Service was great, but they had to wait for the parts and it took them some time to figure out the issue. They did not offer a loaner. It’s just a 2016 GT PP so I guess it’s not a nice enough car to give me a loaner for 4 days? Ugh!

Btw, service at this Dodge dealership is really good. I’ve had good luck. Honda dealer near me is shit with their service. Glad I don’t own one any more. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Ironically I’m reading this thread while having the wife’s Dodge serviced (oil change and tire rotation). I swear, Dodge overcharges for these services. I swear I could get an oil change for $30 and rotation for $10 with a Honda, but Dodge dealers charge $60 for oil change alone!! Wtf!?! No coupons either. Ugh!

On a side note, had to have my manifold replaced under warranty on my GT in November. Service was great, but they had to wait for the parts and it took them some time to figure out the issue. They did not offer a loaner. It’s just a 2016 GT PP so I guess it’s not a nice enough car to give me a loaner for 4 days? Ugh!

Btw, service at this Dodge dealership is really good. I’ve had good luck. Honda dealer near me is shit with their service. Glad I don’t own one any more. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

That is where other brands really seem to differentiate from Ford. I was getting a company CTS serviced, oil change and it was taking longer than expected, they offered me a loaner without me even asking. I was blown away and not expecting that.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My local dealer rocked today. New 150 popped a code, needs a cat replacement. Oil and tire rotation free, plus got a ride to and from. Got to drop it off at 7 for the cat tomorrow though, be ready by noon they said.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Drives a fox.. and a fiesta

“ that’s why I make the big bucks”
Warren Buffett
$87 Billion
Drives a '14 Caddy
140715171222-buffett-cadillac-xts-1024x576.jpg

again...details

Users who are viewing this thread