GT500/brand loyalty

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I know how you feel. Dealing with Hyundai dealershits for oil changes and routine stuff on my GC is infuriating. There's (3) within 10-15min drive from my apt or work, and I've used all three and each of them have a very tenuous grasp on how a service center should work. I've waited 45min one time to simply do a drop off on a Saturday for an oil change WITH APPOINTMENT. I finally left and did a nice meaty burnout leaving. That shouldn't happen, I should be walking in, checking my car in and out in 5-10min. Another one the service bays arent even at the dealership, you check in at the dealer (which used to be a glorified bank) in a portable out back and they drive your car around the corner to some clandestine service center to work on it.

On the flipside, we take our fusion to the Ford dealer around the corner for stuff, and its always been great. Make an appointment, there's a guy with a tablet walking around checking cars in, and I'm in and out in under 5min. It was a big reason why we replaced our Fusion with only another Fusion. The above scenario almost made me instantly go to said Ford dealer and trade in for whatever FoST/FiST they had on the lot at that time, even if it was a wash or putting neg equity on it.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I don't have much to say, other than the idea of brand loyalty is ****ing hilarious.

I feel bad for the people that pigeonhole themselves into only being a die hard for one company!
Exactly, variety is the spice of life. If you're a car guy and all we have a ****ing teslas, I'd build my own car. Or build my own bike.

Coiled03

Established Member
so should I replace my personal experience with yours as a metric to be used in my purchasing decision?

Nope. You just shouldn't let one dealer taint your view of all of them. If you've had the same experience with multiple dealers, that's a different story.

I don't have much to say, other than the idea of brand loyalty is ****ing hilarious.

I feel bad for the people that pigeonhole themselves into only being a die hard for one company!

Why is it hilarious? A sample size of one clearly doesn't define a brand, but if I've had nothing but negative experiences with other brands, should I continue to buy them? At what point does one decide the lesson has been learned? Call it hilarious if you want, but if I were going to buy any other domestic brand besides Ford, you'd have to pay me.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
We've only really had good experiences with our Dodge dealership. Hence why we bought our 2104 Durango and upgraded to a 2018 Durango last year with them.

Same with the Mazda and Audi dealerships we have dealt with with our other cars as well. Haven't had a Ford in a few years, so I can't speak on them.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
upload_2019-1-14_13-40-3.gif

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
The Harley dealer i had bought my sportster from was great. When I came in for service. They would let me take demo bikes out riding to kill time.

My GM dealer was great until the last service and I’m done with them anyway. Only bad service Ive ever had was Ford. Bad attitudes, rude service, revving cold motors up to redline. Never had a gm dealer do that. Hell it was a pain just to get them to do test drives on my Camaro after servicing because they were scared of being accused of joyriding

roadracer247

Established Member
If I had the opportunity to choose between a Mustang & Porsche, I’d go with the Porsche. The new 911’s impress me a lot!

08mojo

Established Member
Stupid thread. You are not going to get the same level of pampering from a brand that sells everything from economy cars to high end sports cars and all the way over to commercial fleet vehicles, as you would from a brand that only sells high-end luxury/sports cars. VAG has this model figured out much better than the americans. They have VW for the 'ford' equivalent of service, then it steps up to Audi and to top it all you have Porsche (or higher if you consider Lamborghini or Bugatti). They are all entirely different dealerships with different levels of 'taking care of the customer for retention.' If you think that level of customer care is not baked into the $120k+ price of the Porsche, you're crazy.

It's also dumb to compare the cars on your list. The Carrera 4s STARTS with a base of $120k. Then, the Porsche options are basically $5k per item. You could easily build a $150k+ 4S. The RS5 is a 4 door sedan, and the Model 3 is Tesla's 'low-end' vehicle. If you want something with AWD, why is the GT 500 even on your radar? Are you just looking at 0-60 times? Do people still do that?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Imagine taking your $400k ford GT in for service at the local ford dealer. Its sitting in the service bay next to a $13k ford fiesta and both of them are being worked on by highschool dropout Jim Bo. You get the car back with greasy handprints all over it, dirt in the flood mats and the interior smells like cigarettes, BO and cheap cologne. **true story**

anyone here remember "SVT premium service?" what a joke LOL

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Stupid thread. You are not going to get the same level of pampering from a brand that sells everything from economy cars to high end sports cars and all the way over to commercial fleet vehicles, as you would from a brand that only sells high-end luxury/sports cars. VAG has this model figured out much better than the americans. They have VW for the 'ford' equivalent of service, then it steps up to Audi and to top it all you have Porsche (or higher if you consider Lamborghini or Bugatti). They are all entirely different dealerships with different levels of 'taking care of the customer for retention.' If you think that level of customer care is not baked into the $120k+ price of the Porsche, you're crazy.

It's also dumb to compare the cars on your list. The Carrera 4s STARTS with a base of $120k. Then, the Porsche options are basically $5k per item. You could easily build a $150k+ 4S. The RS5 is a 4 door sedan, and the Model 3 is Tesla's 'low-end' vehicle. If you want something with AWD, why is the GT 500 even on your radar? Are you just looking at 0-60 times? Do people still do that?

You made numerous assumptions as to why I am doing something. Stop doing that. I'm not looking to be pampered. When I drop my car off for service, all I expect is to get my car back A) Fixed and B) not in worse condition than it was before I left it. I'm not looking to hang out and drink coffee.

I like steak. I also like hot dogs. I like top shelf liquors, and drink beer. What I do with my money and time is none of your concern. I made a public thread to state my level of dissatisfaction with my dealerships service. Feel free to think this thread is stupid, but I want you to know that I don’t give a flying **** about your opinion, because you mean less to me than the shit I drop in my toilet when it comes to influencing my decision with my money or happiness.

I'm aware of the cost of all of these cars. You call the Model 3 the low end of the Tesla. Well, so is the 911 Carrera when it comes to the 2020 models, but I don't think a reasonable person would call it that. I would go on to explain things, but frankly, you aren't worth the effort. Honestly, I've already dedicated more of my time to you with this reply than you are worth.

Carry on

tistan

Established Member
The new Carrera 4s with a tune on the turbo 3.0 is going to be pretty darn fast. Maybe faster than the gt500 in the 1/4. I've been as much a porsche fanboy as a mustang fan boy over my life.

KingBlack

Established Member
The new Carrera 4s with a tune on the turbo 3.0 is going to be pretty darn fast. Maybe faster than the gt500 in the 1/4. I've been as much a porsche fanboy as a mustang fan boy over my life.
same here. As I get older, I'm not as hell bent on all out speed with no consideration for comfort. Now, you can have both. I'm sure the GT500 will be an animal, but it will also be an exercise in compromise. For me, I sit and think of all of the cars I've modified. In almost every case, I would have been better off saving up the money spent for 2 years, and buying something just as fast with a warranty in place. As we get older, we see these trends, and our taste starts to change.

Again, if the GT500 can improve on everything else like they have on the engine, then I will give it some serious consideration. In the long run, I feel the 911 is a better investment, as they dollar for dollar. 20 y/o 911's are still pulling good prices. But at the end of the day, I'm not doing this for resale value - it is a gift to myself for reaching goals in my life and motivation to reach higher.

08mojo

Established Member
You made numerous assumptions as to why I am doing something. Stop doing that. I'm not looking to be pampered. When I drop my car off for service, all I expect is to get my car back A) Fixed and B) not in worse condition than it was before I left it. I'm not looking to hang out and drink coffee.

I like steak. I also like hot dogs. I like top shelf liquors, and drink beer. What I do with my money and time is none of your concern. I made a public thread to state my level of dissatisfaction with my dealerships service. Feel free to think this thread is stupid, but I want you to know that I don’t give a flying **** about your opinion, because you mean less to me than the shit I drop in my toilet when it comes to influencing my decision with my money or happiness.

I'm aware of the cost of all of these cars. You call the Model 3 the low end of the Tesla. Well, so is the 911 Carrera when it comes to the 2020 models, but I don't think a reasonable person would call it that. I would go on to explain things, but frankly, you aren't worth the effort. Honestly, I've already dedicated more of my time to you with this reply than you are worth.

Carry on

Triggered much? Thanks for giving me a part of your valuable time and imparted wisdom.

BTW, the Model 3 is the low end of the Tesla range. The 911 is not the low end of the Porsche range.

Carry on.

KingBlack

Established Member
Triggered much? Thanks for giving me a part of your valuable time and imparted wisdom.

BTW, the Model 3 is the low end of the Tesla range. The 911 is not the low end of the Porsche range.

Carry on.

Details - this is why I get paid the big bucks. I said the 2020 models. Currently, the only 2020 models are the 911's. The S is the low end of Porsche's 2020 line up as of now.

Zemedici

Established Member
I want you to know that I don’t give a flying **** about your opinion, because you mean less to me than the shit I drop in my toilet when it comes to influencing my decision with my money or happiness.

Wowza, pretty hot for page 2 aren’t we?

If you don’t value others opinions, why post the thread? Odd...

Zemedici

Established Member
I know how you feel. Dealing with Hyundai dealershits for oil changes and routine stuff on my GC is infuriating. There's (3) within 10-15min drive from my apt or work, and I've used all three and each of them have a very tenuous grasp on how a service center should work. I've waited 45min one time to simply do a drop off on a Saturday for an oil change WITH APPOINTMENT. I finally left and did a nice meaty burnout leaving. That shouldn't happen, I should be walking in, checking my car in and out in 5-10min. Another one the service bays arent even at the dealership, you check in at the dealer (which used to be a glorified bank) in a portable out back and they drive your car around the corner to some clandestine service center to work on it.

On the flipside, we take our fusion to the Ford dealer around the corner for stuff, and its always been great. Make an appointment, there's a guy with a tablet walking around checking cars in, and I'm in and out in under 5min. It was a big reason why we replaced our Fusion with only another Fusion. The above scenario almost made me instantly go to said Ford dealer and trade in for whatever FoST/FiST they had on the lot at that time, even if it was a wash or putting neg equity on it.

And just to voice from the other side, most people work Monday - Friday, right? Well That means that everyone and their mother Wants an oil change on Saturday .

And appointment guarantees you a place in line. However if you’re a walk in customer, and you’ve been waiting an hour, then someone walks in with an appointment, they should go to the front with no wait? Gotta be reasonable. Your $40 is the same as their $40.

Do the oil change during the week, or on Saturday EVENING. Hell ask the dealer when it’ll be slow, chances are they won’t say Saturday.

Drop the car off for an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread