GT350 Intake Manifold

Sandeale

Established Member
From my understanding the manifolds being released by ford racing are for use on the coyote motors..the manifold I ordered shares the same part number as the frpp manifold,

and thanks to our awesome US postal service, I'll now have the manifold tomorrow, so answers to most of these questions and a lot of the mystery will be brought to light

thehunterooo

Established Member
From my understanding the manifolds being released by ford racing are for use on the coyote motors..the manifold I ordered shares the same part number as the frpp manifold,

and thanks to our awesome US postal service, I'll now have the manifold tomorrow, so answers to most of these questions and a lot of the mystery will be brought to light

Yay cant wait!

Sandeale

Established Member
Small update, the manifold arrived at 6am, i got a chance to do some initial measurements, ill post those after i get home from work.....but the tb is a nogo as a direct bolt on there is a roughly 20mm difference in bolt spacing (the gt350 is much larger) so i guess its a good thing i ordered the tb, instead of having an adapter machined to fit the oe tb im gonna wait until i have the gt350 piece, which according to my parts guy will be monday of next week (due to the holidays, screwing up parts requisitioning) so no big deal its only a few more days....but i do plan on trial fitting and taking measurements of all orifices (orifii? Lol) today and will post that info for everyone, ive taken some initial pics already

Sandeale

Established Member
Ok here goes:

The pictures below show strut brace clearance difference between the 2 manifolds

COYclearance.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GT350clearance.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Front, back, bottomside

Front.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bottom.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Throttle body size differences

COYTBopen.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

COYTBbolt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GT350TBopen.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GT350TBbolt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Port sizes (coyote/GT350/cylinder head, in that order)

COYportwidth.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

COYportheight.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GT350portwidth.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GT350Portheight.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CYLportwidth.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CYLportheight.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sandeale

Established Member
Based off my measurements and what I witnessed during fitting theres roughly a little over a millimeter difference between the Cylinder head port and the gt350 manifold, now the waiting game begins, although I'm going to see about having an adapter CNCd to fit the OE TB onto the manifold, even though the GT350 tb will be here monday.

Last edited:

Sandeale

Established Member
Also, forgot to mention. the real magic is inside this intake, a little less precise, but inside both manifolds are the 2 support posts, on the coyote, these look to be almost an inch in diameter whereas the gt350 posts look to be about 3/8. The runners where they meet the plenum are much larger in height (i managed 4 fingers wide with wiggle room on the gt350 whereas to get the same amount of wiggle i could only manage 3 in the oem intake), i'll try to get a more accurate measurement somehow, even if it involves measuring my fingers to give a rough idea of the difference in port height.

thehunterooo

Established Member
YOU ARE A HERO!

The gt350 manifold looks a lot more beefy that is for sure. Will be extremely interesting to see what happens.

Also I think I seen that FR has these at a $14xx msrp so these at a grand might not be too bad of a deal.

Sandeale

Established Member
Not really a bad deal at all, and given some time, and stock build up, I'm sure these will come down in price

Also, I'm in the process of having an adapter plate made to be able to utilize coyote style throttle bodies.

Last edited:

Sandeale

Established Member
Quick update, throttle body came in, intake manifold is on the car and everything works, no cels i will make an updated thread containing installation notes and will post dyno info as soon as i get some tuning done.

There are some part throttle surges due in part to my car expecting an 80mm tb not the gt350 piece, but cruise is fine. Im babying the car until the tune is revised so as to not turn this into a wtf did my engine explode session. Sorry for the gap in replies but the holiday season held up shipment of the tb.

Hope everyone had a happy holidays and i will post the new thread within the next week.

Sandeale

Established Member
Been busy and havent had much time to reply but the dyno is scheduled for first thing monday morning, and I'll be sure to update with the differences, I'm going to have them overlay the new and baseline dyno

Users who are viewing this thread