GT350 Intake Manifold

Zodiac

Established Member
I'm assuming the Ford Racing GT350 manifold that was talked about is going to be the OEM GT350 manifold. Nothing different between the FR Boss IM and the OEM.

I can't wait to see results of these as I would love to do a build with these and the GT350 heads.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
"tuned for 7500 peak rpm" sounds like a slightly different version than OEM to me. could be wrong.

sniper85

Established Member
I read somewhere that the new GT 350 heads would not reach full potential unless used with the new 5.2 block. I would love to see the results of a build though.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
"tuned for 7500 peak rpm" sounds like a slightly different version than OEM to me. could be wrong.

Don't put too much faith in generic product descriptions.

I read somewhere that the new GT 350 heads would not reach full potential unless used with the new 5.2 block. I would love to see the results of a build though.

That's true.

Sandeale

Established Member
I posted over on 6G, figured I'd share the wealth....I just purchased one of the gt350 manifolds and should have it in hand by wednesday, I already have a before dyno, i'm going to do a bolt on only(no tune adjustments) re dyno with this manifold followed by a complete retune dyno (probably a week or so later, due to the upcoming holidays), I'll be sure to post the results here as well so as to keep the community informed

sniper85

Established Member
Awesome! Please keep us updated. Do you have any other mods on your car? Where did you buy the intake from if you don't mind me asking?

Sandeale

Established Member
Only other mods currently on the car are the steeda no restrictor and a diablosport canned 93 tune...non power mods are resonator delete and magnaflow mufflers...i bought the intake from a seller on ebay who had 2 of them

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Established Member
I posted over on 6G, figured I'd share the wealth....I just purchased one of the gt350 manifolds and should have it in hand by wednesday, I already have a before dyno, i'm going to do a bolt on only(no tune adjustments) re dyno with this manifold followed by a complete retune dyno (probably a week or so later, due to the upcoming holidays), I'll be sure to post the results here as well so as to keep the community informed

Yay thank you for exploring the unknown!

Sandeale

Established Member
Yeah man, if nobody tries, the community remains in the dark....Small update, the manifold has shipped, I'll have it in hand tuesday now with a redyno scheduled for wednesday (hopefully a retune sheet as well) I'm working with Lund racing for the tuning

Sandeale

Established Member
Well, another update, turns out the throttle body flange may be slightly different to account for the oe 87mm tb, if that is the case i will let everyone know, but don't think this is a deterent, I will have that manifold on and functioning properly after it's received, the plan is to order a gt350 throttle body once available, until then an adapter plate or some careful fabbing may solve what may be an issue....on another note, if anyone has a bead on an oe gt350 throttle body let me know

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
for the price and performance, i don't see the point in retro fitting a GT350 manifold and tb on a coyote.. the Boss and 90mm tb from Ford Racing does the same thing and works..

Sandeale

Established Member
May i ask who tuned your 15 gt with the boss, frpp 90mm combo?

Also regarding the boss intake, as dyno'd by svtperf, in the low/midrange there were losses of 20+ hp and tq until almost 6800 rpm, so unless you live in the 6500+ rpm range then there is no benefit to be had, I myself daily drive my car and appreciate low end power, in and around town.

The advantages of the gt350 manifold are the retention of the IMRCs (to maintain tq) and no required motor mount changes or hood cutting foolery, as well as larger cross section runners (slightly shorter as well to accommodate a higher rpm range) and a larger plenum....the only manifold that's been tested thus far to produce gains is the Cobrajet, which would have cost me an additional 500 bucks plus lowering the engine and possibly having to cut the hood, and possible having to dump the steeda intake I recently installed on the car.

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Established Member
May i ask who tuned your 15 gt with the boss, frpp 90mm combo?

Also regarding the boss intake, as dyno'd by svtperf, in the low/midrange there were losses of 20+ hp and tq until almost 6800 rpm, so unless you live in the 6500+ rpm range then there is no benefit to be had, I myself daily drive my car and appreciate low end power, in and around town.

The advantages of the gt350 manifold are the retention of the IMRCs (to maintain tq) and no required motor mount changes or hood cutting foolery, as well as larger cross section runners (slightly shorter as well to accommodate a higher rpm range) and a larger plenum....the only manifold that's been tested thus far to produce gains is the Cobrajet, which would have cost me an additional 500 bucks plus lowering the engine and possibly having to cut the hood, and possible having to dump the steeda intake I recently installed on the car.

You bought the one off eBay?

Sandeale

Established Member
why yes, yes I did. I imagine these getting cheaper over time, but I was real close to purchasing a cobrajet setup, and saw that these were finally being released, so I figured why not be the test mule and save a few hundred bucks in the process, all while not having to modify the car to fit a different manifold in.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I'm pretty sure this was talked about a while back. And I believe the intake ports are different from a gt350 versus a coyote gt head. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Sandeale

Established Member
I'll be sure to post pics of all openings using calipers to measure their size, the more everyone knows, the better.....but regarding the ports, the gt350 may be a little larger but overall port shape/spacing is the same

Users who are viewing this thread