GT350 Intake Manifold

DivineStrike

Established Member
Well, that's a little disappointing. At least now we know, though.

Please explain how a 35whp gain is disappointing? It's far more than I've seen with any boss or CJ swap. And it doesn't lose anything. What were you expecting more throughout the entire rev range? Sorry but displacement is about the only thing that will do that.

helloWorld

Established Member

Sandeale

Established Member
Please explain how a 35whp gain is disappointing? It's far more than I've seen with any boss or CJ swap. And it doesn't lose anything. What were you expecting more throughout the entire rev range? Sorry but displacement is about the only thing that will do that.

Exactly, but id expect to see some pretty good gains when i add longtubes to this setup...with cams coming later

corysmach1

Established Member
Was the 35rwhp gain from the Intake Manifold alone? Or is that the Intake Manifold. Off road x pipe and Flex fuel tune? Obviously I know it has to be retuned with the different intake just curious what all was added for the 35rwhp gain.

RiskyRick

Established Member

I'm not worried about peak, I was looking at the rpm range that actually gained. At least it didn't lose anything, but the CJ gains start lower in the rev range. I just kinda had my fingers crossed that a stock style long-ish runner intake would start coming on sooner. Still a good sleeper manifold no doubt. Chill.

Sandeale

Established Member
The only change between the two runs was the addition of the GT350 IM and TB and the required adjustments in the tune for the TB change

Sandeale

Established Member
I've taken it up to 7800 and the airflow is still building, I would imagine between 78 and 8k is where the flow starts to taper.

Shaun@AED

I've taken it up to 7800 and the airflow is still building, I would imagine between 78 and 8k is where the flow starts to taper.

No dyno run of it that high though?
We see airflow increases even as power drops off....

Sandeale

Established Member
Not yet, I'm waiting to do headers before I spend the money for dyno runs again, although the shop has offered to re-run my car for free in the correct gear this time to give me a more accurate dyno sheet (previous runs were done in 4th), I just don't have as much free time due to work (army aviation).

The thing we've noticed with the datalogs on the stock manifold was a corresponding airflow dropoff at the HP peak (previously 6400 ish rpm) but I will get the dyno done to the new limiter of 7800, until I get confirmation about the oil pump and crank gear's survivability at 8k or better.

Shaun@AED

Not yet, I'm waiting to do headers before I spend the money for dyno runs again, although the shop has offered to re-run my car for free in the correct gear this time to give me a more accurate dyno sheet (previous runs were done in 4th), I just don't have as much free time due to work (army aviation).

The thing we've noticed with the datalogs on the stock manifold was a corresponding airflow dropoff at the HP peak (previously 6400 ish rpm) but I will get the dyno done to the new limiter of 7800, until I get confirmation about the oil pump and crank gear's survivability at 8k or better.

Excellent. Looking forward to the results.

venmousracer

Established Member
I am currently gathering parts to do the swap, my car is more of a 50/50. 50% driven on nice days and 50% at the track, drag strip. I had the cobra jet intake but, I was not happy with the loss of tq. Plus being an auto car. But the car was an animal at 7800-8000rpm but slower at cruising and day to day driving. My opinion my taste. I love the fact tq was not lost, but it extends the rpm power further.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread