GT350 Intake Manifold

JimIII@jdm

Any updates from anyone?

We've installed about 8 of the GT350 manifolds in the past month. Some with the 87mm TB and some using the stock TB with a spacer. Power is great, throttle response amazing, and the cars feel like they want to pull past 8,000 RPM with ease! All of our customers have been extremely impressed. We make them fit with all types of air kits and we offer a complete package that includes the GT350 manifold, TB, and CAI with install instructions and hardware for install. It will be released on our website over the next week or so. If you have any questions call us at 732-780-0770

JimIII

Cyclerick

Established Member
We've installed about 8 of the GT350 manifolds in the past month. Some with the 87mm TB and some using the stock TB with a spacer. Power is great, throttle response amazing, and the cars feel like they want to pull past 8,000 RPM with ease! All of our customers have been extremely impressed. We make them fit with all types of air kits and we offer a complete package that includes the GT350 manifold, TB, and CAI with install instructions and hardware for install. It will be released on our website over the next week or so. If you have any questions call us at 732-780-0770

JimIII

Awesome. So what TQ and HP gains have you seen?

JimIII@jdm

Awesome. So what TQ and HP gains have you seen?

Average of 25-30 HP peak with about 50-60 over the curve. TQ numbers don't pick up until after 5,000 RPM but from there to red line we see about 20-25 TQ gained. The important thing is the Torque does not drop at the hit of the throttle and take a longer time to recover like with the Boss or CJ manifold.

mike.s

Established Member
i had bbk 1 3/4 longtubes, gt350 intake, stock throttle body, and dyno tune done last week. they were having issues getting the tune dialed in ended up using the stock throttle body. gonna take it back in a couple weeks for them to work on it some more and get the gt350 throttle body on. peak numbers werent that high and i was expecting much more but it pulls hard all the way to 7500. havent felt comfortable pushing it past that

Cyclerick

Established Member
Average of 25-30 HP peak with about 50-60 over the curve. TQ numbers don't pick up until after 5,000 RPM but from there to red line we see about 20-25 TQ gained. The important thing is the Torque does not drop at the hit of the throttle and take a longer time to recover like with the Boss or CJ manifold.

So, have you installed the TB and Intake manifold on any SC Coyotes? What results did you see?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Was following this thread for advice on swapping the manifold on my 2012. With Shaun's tuning it yielded great results. Still using the stock TB as SCT hasn't released the parameters to tune a newer style TB on earlier cars. Can't really explain why it would have picked up even more than the S550 cars, but I won't complain:)

2012MustangGT350IntakeComp_zpstiwnwe7j.jpg

The original thread on the install is here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1097701-GT350-manifold-on-a-11-14-engine

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Anybody done the swap on a boosted setup yet? I am running a Procharger setup and am wondering if i should add this to the list of spring time upgrades.

We are doing this swap today. We have a 15 gt auto with a procharger, and kooks 1 7/8 headers. Should have some numbers this week.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
We got the car tuned with the new gt350 intake. We saw very small gains up top (25ish horsepower). Our car made 654 hp to the wheels before with 7 lbs of boost, now its at 679 with the same boost. We switched pulleys and now its making 10lbs of boost. We are still working on the tune so we should have numbers in the 7xx range in the next couple days. As for the intake, it is a gt350 intake with the 87mm throttle body. The biggest change we have noticed to date, is that the throttle feels snappier and there seems to be more power on tap at anytime the throttle is applied. The car wants to keep pulling all the way to redline. Overall we are satisfied with the gt350 intake.

Zach_s550

Hey everyone. I am running the gt350 mani and the mmr tb spacer for the stock tb and my car will not let me go past 7500 rpm. I rwad all over that these are supposed to pull to 8k rpm and was wondering why mine is not. Some more info, I am on the bama tune (I know, I know i need a better tune but I am waiting to get my headers installed and my injectors before i get a nicer tune) But with that being said i also have the air raid CAI and just a custom cat back. Any ideas? 2016 gt Manual

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure what exactly what you mean by it won't let you go past 7500rpm. But IMO, you probably don't have the supporting mods to wind the motor to 8k reliably. I certainly wouldn't wait until you have headers or injectors for a better tune since most tuners would probably send you a tune revision free for basic changes. But without cams/springs, and probably a clutch, I don't know if it even makes sense to rev it that high.

Maybe others have had a different experience and will prove me wrong. But with the GT350 manifold, same tb/intake, a good tune (AED) and Kooks long tube headers I still make peak power before 7500rpm.

gt500_sti_guy

Established Member
Not sure what exactly what you mean by it won't let you go past 7500rpm. But IMO, you probably don't have the supporting mods to wind the motor to 8k reliably. I certainly wouldn't wait until you have headers or injectors for a better tune since most tuners would probably send you a tune revision free for basic changes. But without cams/springs, and probably a clutch, I don't know if it even makes sense to rev it that high.

Maybe others have had a different experience and will prove me wrong. But with the GT350 manifold, same tb/intake, a good tune (AED) and Kooks long tube headers I still make peak power before 7500rpm.
the s550 coyote is not the same as the s197 coyote. Its essentially a revised roadrunner engine. We have a more aggressive intake cam (cobra jet specs) , a boss exhaust cam, all the boss valvetrain but our heads were cast with that in mind so it didnt get cnc work, boss crank, boss rods and bearings. We only lack a boss manifold, timing hardware and forged pistons.

To spin to 8000-8100 opg, timing gear and dampner are suggested. No headwork or clutch needed.

Shaun@AED

the s550 coyote is not the same as the s197 coyote. Its essentially a revised roadrunner engine. We have a more aggressive intake cam (cobra jet specs) , a boss exhaust cam, all the boss valvetrain but our heads were cast with that in mind so it didnt get cnc work, boss crank, boss rods and bearings. We only lack a boss manifold, timing hardware and forged pistons.

To spin to 8000-8100 opg, timing gear and dampner are suggested. No headwork or clutch needed.

The S550 does not have Cobra Jet cams. Intake cams are 260 degree duration (same as S197) with 13MM lift. The exhaust cam is indeed from the Boss.

The SCJ manifold is a very good intake to run on these engines.

gt500_sti_guy

Established Member
The S550 does not have Cobra Jet cams. Intake cams are 260 degree duration (same as S197) with 13MM lift. The exhaust cam is indeed from the Boss.

The SCJ manifold is a very good intake to run on these engines.
According to at least three well known coyote builders ive spoke with tell me they are 263 for the intake with 13mm lift which is cobra jet spec. So im going to believe them.

Shaun@AED

According to at least three well known coyote builders ive spoke with tell me they are 263 for the intake with 13mm lift which is cobra jet spec. So im going to believe them.

Cobrajets have the same duration and lift specs on a 139 centerline.
2015+ coyote cams are on a 109 centerline.

Different cams, similar lobe profiles.

StalkerStang

Established Member
How is normal and part throttle driving with the GT350 throttle body? Are the tuners figuring out what is required to tune them or are they using data from SCT or HP? Asking because I have a GT350 manifold on my 11 already, but would like to use the throttle body as well. I can't find out any solid info on weather the throttle body will work ok without driveability issues.

BradleJC

I've been running a gt350 IM, gt350 TB, JLT gt350 CAI (moddified the vaccuum line setup to match the gt350), ford racing 47# injectors, and tuned on E85 by blankenship tuning (not flex fuel tune), since about July of last summer. I have been driving the car like I stole it and I am happy with the performance gains. Dyno numbers (on a Mustang Dyno) were 423/374 @7500. We ran it all the way up to around 7600-7700 and the curve still stayed flat. As far as driving it, it pulls all the way up to 8000+, but I am worried about my oil pump gear, so my shift light stays at 7300 and I feel perfectly comfortable power shifting at that range.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

BradleJC

How is normal and part throttle driving with the GT350 throttle body? Are the tuners figuring out what is required to tune them or are they using data from SCT or HP? Asking because I have a GT350 manifold on my 11 already, but would like to use the throttle body as well. I can't find out any solid info on weather the throttle body will work ok without driveability issues.

When we did my swap with the gt350 im and tb, it took some extra tuning (started with a baseline from SCT) to get the tb right. I had some surging issues and some rolling stall issues, but it was nothing Lee at Blankenship Tuning couldn't work out with a little tweaking. That was early back in July before alot of people were doing the swap. I am sure that the tuning required is pretty much figured out by now. I have no issues now daily driving or weekend racing.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread