Gran Turismo 5

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
Ah, in that case, I already have this game. I bought it when it was called Gran Turismo, then again when it was called Gran Turismo 2, then again when it was called Gran Turismo 3:A-Spec, then again when it was called Gran Turismo 4. Done buying the same game over and over again.
Damage will be released later in the autumn with a patch for Prologue.

blainestang

Established Member
Ah, in that case, I already have this game. I bought it when it was called Gran Turismo, then again when it was called Gran Turismo 2, then again when it was called Gran Turismo 3:A-Spec, then again when it was called Gran Turismo 4. Done buying the same game over and over again.

I went back and played GT2 in "preparation" for this game.

There's more pixels on the headlight bulb of my C6Z on this game than the WHOLE C4 Vette I own on there.

Of course, it's personal preference, but even if THAT were the only improvement, it would be worth it, IMO.

Fortunately, there are others, such as physics, car selection (C4 vs. C6Z, Ferrari, etc), online ranking, online play, tracks, the list goes on.

Not saying you have to like it, but there are plenty of notable improvements.

bam

Established Member
This game is difficult.

Or I haven't played a GT game in ages. One or the other.

blainestang

Established Member
This game is difficult.

Or I haven't played a GT game in ages. One or the other.

There are definitely some difficult Events... that's for sure.

Anybody gotten Gold on that race where you have to use the "Cappucino" and you have a time limit to get a certain lap time?

bam

Established Member
Shit no. It's so damn hard because momentum is everything in that thing. One mistake is worth at least a second.

bam

Established Member
I can't gold this Integra race, either.
Just had my best of + .027

arg.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
i started the game with a honda rsx type-r, not really into hondas but i thought this was the best handling car for the money, didnt know you could start out with an rx8, never been to the mazda dealership.

anyways, if anybody wants to drive the ferrari f1 "F2007", just download the saved games at GTP http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104303
yes i know they dont have any saves available YET, dont worry there are Gran Turismo nuts out there that would probably get that F2007 within a week.

blainestang

Established Member
Shit no. It's so damn hard because momentum is everything in that thing. One mistake is worth at least a second.

Yeah, I just moved on. I'll go back and try to get gold on that later, but getting a great time with the Cappucino on HSR is not that important to me ATM.

I can't gold this Integra race, either.
Just had my best of + .027

arg.

One of the "pass everyone in 1 lap" races?

C or B?

BTW, anybody shooting for high rankings in the time trials?

I'm in the top 10 for the RX-8 on Eider Nordwand (the track from the demo) and the Z06 on the same track reversed (there are only 4 people who've tried that one, though :D)

blainestang

Established Member
i started the game with a honda rsx type-r, not really into hondas but i thought this was the best handling car for the money, didnt know you could start out with an rx8, never been to the mazda dealership.

anyways, if anybody wants to drive the ferrari f1 "F2007", just download the saved games at GTP http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104303
yes i know they dont have any saves available YET, dont worry there are Gran Turismo nuts out there that would probably get that F2007 within a week.

Supposedly, the ITR is the best car to start out with, because you can win most of the C races with it and you NEED it for a couple of them.

I like the RX-8 better, but the ITR is a more "cost-effective" way to go.

I'm sure SOMEONE already has the Ferrari F1 car. I could have it if I just kept playing and had nothing to do. I mean, $2 million is a lot, but someone definitely could have played a quick (1-2 lap) $10k race 200 times by now.

But yeah, I'm not even THAT interested in it.

I'll probably own the Tuned American cars (C6Z, Viper, and FGT) before I save up for that thing.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Whoever asked about the sounds. I've said it numerous times, the C6Z is the shit! It feels and sounds exactly how you think it would in real life, it's rather weird because it's so realistic.

I took the Ford GT and turned everything off and it is a badass car. Much more fun without all the mechanical aids, but more difficult to drive as well.

The physics of this game are nothing like any of the previous games, it is way more realistic.

The Cappuccino race is hard as hell! I think gold is 1:39 and the best I could muster was a 1:41, and that was a perfect lap. I really don't think I could do any better; definitely not 2 seconds better.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Supposedly, the ITR is the best car to start out with, because you can win most of the C races with it and you NEED it for a couple of them.

I like the RX-8 better, but the ITR is a more "cost-effective" way to go.

I'm sure SOMEONE already has the Ferrari F1 car. I could have it if I just kept playing and had nothing to do. I mean, $2 million is a lot, but someone definitely could have played a quick (1-2 lap) $10k race 200 times by now.

But yeah, I'm not even THAT interested in it.

I'll probably own the Tuned American cars (C6Z, Viper, and FGT) before I save up for that thing.

The ST will work anything in the field but there are more races made for the ITR so it makes it the better route to take. Personally I liked the ST better though.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
last time i checked the 2nd fastest car in the game is the modded FGT then the modded c6z.
i have the jpn version so ive been playing quite a bit, the graphics once again are amazing, and the f2007 just sings. it'd be nice if they made a modded F40 or an F40 racecar and the new Nissan GTR racecar.

blainestang

Established Member
Whoever asked about the sounds. I've said it numerous times, the C6Z is the shit! It feels and sounds exactly how you think it would in real life, it's rather weird because it's so realistic.

I took the Ford GT and turned everything off and it is a badass car. Much more fun without all the mechanical aids, but more difficult to drive as well.

The physics of this game are nothing like any of the previous games, it is way more realistic.

The Cappuccino race is hard as hell! I think gold is 1:39 and the best I could muster was a 1:41, and that was a perfect lap. I really don't think I could do any better; definitely not 2 seconds better.

Yeah, I think I'm at 1:41 on that event, too.

Like I said, not a priority to get great times with the Capuccino.

Have you had to buy the F430 yet? I would have rather bought the C6Z Tuned or FGT or something, but I had to buy the F430 to beat the Class A levels.

If it weren't for the Events, I'd have all the American Iron instead of my M3, F430, GT-R, ITR, Capuccino, Evo IX...
The ST will work anything in the field but there are more races made for the ITR so it makes it the better route to take. Personally I liked the ST better though.

Interesting... Haven't bought the ST yet. Almost did at the beginning, but went w/ the RX8.

What are ya'll playing this on? Xbox 360, ps3 , or cpu?

Gran Turismo games are on Playstation only... PS3 in this case.

Last edited:

bam

Established Member
What view do y'all race best in?

In-car is obviously the sweetest, but what works the best for you?

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
Ive owned, and beat all the GT games... only lost a handful of times to my friends, over all these years.. I'll transition VERY well into GT5 and GT5 Prologue... be ready noobs, I hardly ever lose in racing games ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread