Gran Turismo 5

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Thanks!!! Im glad you are watching this thead haha. I wanted to buy the Z so bad after reading everyones replies about it but then I saw the tuned Z. Ill probaly get both myself lol. About the money thing I was thinking the same thing! If you go read the manual on the main screen it says you cant make money off the races you have won already. And that your bank account can only reach a max of 2 mill. Also something about how you cant sell the cars youve won:shrug:

Edit: Can I just buy the regular Z now and then just tune it later? The "manual" also stated that after you complete every race you can tune your cars. So I assume I can just tune the stock Z later.

Buy a stock Z and then get the GT spec car, it's better than the tuned Z in every aspect.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Buy a stock Z and then get the GT spec car, it's better than the tuned Z in every aspect.

I got the stock Z and like everyone said it is sick! The sound of the cars are 10x better:banana: For a little fun I took off the traction control and set it to pro and I can barely floor the car in third gear:lol1: 1st is basically useless and 2nd will still get away from you in youre not careful:banana:

I just wish they also had a C5z:(

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
i really wish they would bring the GT serious to 360 but i know they never will. very depressing but ill have to try it out sometime, maybe if i find a used ps3 sometime ill pick one up

Tunedprt91

Established Member
^^^ I only played forza once and liked some things better on that game. The only thing about gt is you cant really personalize your cars. I wish I could paint my car after I buy it or atleast paint my rims.

United_115

Established Member
I got the stock Z and like everyone said it is sick! The sound of the cars are 10x better:banana: For a little fun I took off the traction control and set it to pro and I can barely floor the car in third gear:lol1: 1st is basically useless and 2nd will still get away from you in youre not careful:banana:

I just wish they also had a C5z:(

try taking the traction control off the spec II GT, the car is a joke to try to get it to handle with it on as it is lol. I just about broke my steering wheel last night trying to get used to the GT's handling, in those tuned races, i did what that guy said and took off enough horsepower to lower the performance points to the maximum level for the race and jacked up the gearing and it still wasnt enough to catch the first place guy i was getting choked, the best i could do is keep coming in 4th, i could never come close. The game is pissing me off.

Justa600

Established Member
So how are the engine mods on the game? Are they general, or can you choose specific applications, like different sized camshafts or bigger turbos?

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
there is no engine mods you can do. You can only tune the car.

And I want to take my car to a different tuner.
40hp on the Z06 C-MON 4 real.
What is it a K/N and borla cat-back exhaust with a mail order tune.:shrug:

Pssss and whatever on the tuned HP part of the car.
Still the best driving game I've ever played.

JP:beer:

jf4boogie

Established Member
So I just got the game and have a stupid question...

Wheres the "shop" at? As in, where do I buy the upgrades and crap at?

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
So I just got the game and have a stupid question...

Wheres the "shop" at? As in, where do I buy the upgrades and crap at?

There is no "Shop". You have to complete all Class C, Class B and Class A races in order to have access to the "quick tune" function of the game. There you can change the power, weight, aerodynamics and such.

jf4boogie

Established Member
There is no "Shop". You have to complete all Class C, Class B and Class A races in order to have access to the "quick tune" function of the game. There you can change the power, weight, aerodynamics and such.

Thanks man

After spending a little time with it I kinda figured it out I think. I kinda like that....keeps the "playing field" pretty much even

Users who are viewing this thread