Gran Turismo 5

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
I'd rather them push it back, and make it great; than rush release it.

they can push it back until the winter of '09 if that means the addition of crash modeling.

on another note, do you leave marks on the pavement when you spin off the line and drift? it's inexcusable if the answer is no.

blainestang

Established Member
that's a steal. the audi r8 race car was 5 mil in gt4.

I'm pretty sure you can only win ~$32k at a time, though.

In the previous GT's, you could WIN expensive cars and then sell them for half a million or a million bucks.

$2 million is a LOT of money when you can only make $32k a time.

United_115

Established Member
so this game is out right now for ps3????? If so im heading to the video game store right now and buying it and getting the steering wheels and pedals!!!!!!

blainestang

Established Member
so this game is out right now for ps3????? If so im heading to the video game store right now and buying it and getting the steering wheels and pedals!!!!!!

Yep... it's out

what mustangs are on the game I was thinking about downloading it.

Just an S197 GT. There are "only" 60-something cars.

My current favorite is the C6Z06.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
what mustangs are on the game I was thinking about downloading it.

Just the new Mustang GT for now because there is inly 3-5 cars per company on this game.

If you aren't using a steering wheel I'd recommend picking up the new dualshock3 controller. The pressure sensitivity is a must and the rumble actually makes it feel more realistic as you hit little bumps.

I'm still amazed at the heads up display on the Z, it's so cool!

It's pretty cheap, but are you riding the wall in the last big turn on the "pass-everyone-in-one-lap" event?

No, I was trying to find the best line to draft off people. I was hitting like 160 and coming up on 1st place fast but could only get right behind the car at the finish line.

they can push it back until the winter of '09 if that means the addition of crash modeling.

on another note, do you leave marks on the pavement when you spin off the line and drift? it's inexcusable if the answer is no.

I actually like it better without damage. Online it would suck because you constantly have people spinning out and running into you. It's more like a demolition derby than an actual race most of the time. When you get a good race though it's a lot of fun.

not a chance; i rock at gt. however, it'll take some time adjusting to the new physics.

I was just messin with ya. I found that so far winning online is a mixture of placement in the field and pure luck, lol. If you're starting dead last you have a whole cluster of cars usually from 3rd place to 9th or 10th that is just chaos and getting through them is nearly impossible. If you're starting in 6th or 7th you have a good chance. I'm not sure how they decide running order but I haven't started better than 6th yet.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Yep... it's out

Just an S197 GT. There are "only" 60-something cars.

My current favorite is the C6Z06.

So far the GTRs cant hang with it but on the straights you gotta watch out for the GT cause they haul ass!

so the full game not the demo?

It's roughly 10% of the final game, but there is a lot of content to Prologue.

United_115

Established Member
cool gonna go buy it and buy the steering wheel set up for it too! Im gonna be stuck inside all night tonight! hehe he

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
Picking it up in a few minutes. I'm COD'd out. I can't stand that game now. Gonna start with the RX-8.

bam

Established Member
I haven't tried Professional yet, but I turned off all the TCS and other stuff right when I got it. I noticed that the guy with MOST of the records on the GTHD demo had EVERYTHING turned off, so I did it lol

Same. I turned TCS off and I put it on Professional, too. I figure if that's how I "learn," it'll be easier than if I play on normal first.

blainestang

Established Member
No, I was trying to find the best line to draft off people. I was hitting like 160 and coming up on 1st place fast but could only get right behind the car at the finish line.

Well, I'm sure you can win without using the walls, but it works like a charm :D...

Just go full speed into the second turn (the last left before the first right haha) and the last turn.

(Assuming you're talking about Class B, not C... although maybe you are :??:)

How about the car sounds. I know of every other GT game the sound SUCKED! Is it finally better?

Yes!!!

The C6Z sounds amazing and the F430 :bowdown:

Same. I turned TCS off and I put it on Professional, too. I figure if that's how I "learn," it'll be easier than if I play on normal first.

Exactly what I was thinking...

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
Well, I'm sure you can win without using the walls, but it works like a charm :D...

Just go full speed into the second turn (the last left before the first right haha) and the last turn.

(Assuming you're talking about Class B, not C... although maybe you are :??:)

Yes!!!

The C6Z sounds amazing and the F430 :bowdown:

Oh thank god, that was one of the worst things about GT was all the cars sounded the same.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
No... not yet

Ah, in that case, I already have this game. I bought it when it was called Gran Turismo, then again when it was called Gran Turismo 2, then again when it was called Gran Turismo 3:A-Spec, then again when it was called Gran Turismo 4. Done buying the same game over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread