Gran Turismo 5

blainestang

Established Member
Thought I'd make a new thread now that GT5:prologue is out and keep the discussion from taking over the COD4 thread...

So, who's got it?

Reviews?

Favorite cars?

Let's hear it...

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
is there an f1 car in prologue? that might be worth the 40 dollars, just by itself.

and you're sure that you can't play with people that are on your friend's list? that sucks if you can't. i would buy it just to get some revenge on the guys in the cod thread. namely, bam and slthr.

Last edited:

blainestang

Established Member
is there an f1 car in prologue? that might be worth the 40 dollars, just by itself.

and you're sure that you can't play with people that are on your friend's list? that sucks if you can't. i would buy it just to get some revenge on the guys in the cod thread. namely, bam and slthr.

Yes, there's a Ferrari F1 car.

No, you can't specifically pick people from your friend's list to play against.

Mayo5

Established Member
If this is any indication of how good GT5 will be..then holy shit. I reallllllly enjoyed Forza 2 on the 360; but I don't think that game will hold a candle to this one. The bar has been up'd and it's not even a full release.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
I'll be picking this game up sometime this weekend. Who wants to race?

yeah, i just changed my mind and will be picking this one up as well. i didn't want to, but i can't resist the lure of a gt game. they're great. the f1 car was the last straw. i must unlock that beast.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The F1 car is 2mil credits so it takes a lot of racing to get it.

The C6Z is amazingly fun to drive in the in car view, while the GT has very little in car visibilty much like the real thing and numb breaks as well.

We would all have to join the same room and then we should be able to race each other.
BlkLightning, get used to my taillights, lol!

bam

Established Member
Ok, just got to play after another 30 minute download.

This game rocks. And all I have is a Focus.

blainestang

Established Member
Ok, just got to play after another 30 minute download.

This game rocks. And all I have is a Focus.

You started with the Focus?

Let me know how that goes.

I thought about it, but went with the RX8 instead.

I've heard the ITR is the most efficient way to go, though.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I started with the Focus too. Just wait Aztec it gets even better!

I couldn't do the pass in 1 lap for the life of me. I would be right on the 1st place Mini's ass but could not pass it.

If you're racing and the first place car is the same as yours its nearly impossible to catch it.

I also switched over to professional mode from standard mode and also turned the tcs down a little and I liked it a lot better so if you haven't checked that out you might want to.

blainestang

Established Member
I started with the Focus too. Just wait Aztec it gets even better!

I couldn't do the pass in 1 lap for the life of me. I would be right on the 1st place Mini's ass but could not pass it.

If you're racing and the first place car is the same as yours its nearly impossible to catch it.

I also switched over to professional mode from standard mode and also turned the tcs down a little and I liked it a lot better so if you haven't checked that out you might want to.

It's pretty cheap, but are you riding the wall in the last big turn on the "pass-everyone-in-one-lap" event?

I haven't tried Professional yet, but I turned off all the TCS and other stuff right when I got it. I noticed that the guy with MOST of the records on the GTHD demo had EVERYTHING turned off, so I did it lol

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
GT4 was fun, not epicly great. GT5 looks good, but it has been wayyyyyyy too long in the making. I understand they want the game to be great, but it is just getting a bit ridiculous with how many previews and demos and whatnot they are putting out so they keep pushing the game back

Mayo5

Established Member
GT4 was fun, not epicly great. GT5 looks good, but it has been wayyyyyyy too long in the making. I understand they want the game to be great, but it is just getting a bit ridiculous with how many previews and demos and whatnot they are putting out so they keep pushing the game back

I'd rather them push it back, and make it great; than rush release it.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member

The C6Z is amazingly fun to drive in the in car view, while the GT has very little in car visibilty much like the real thing and numb breaks as well.

We would all have to join the same room and then we should be able to race each other.

that's a steal. the audi r8 race car was 5 mil in gt4.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member

not a chance; i rock at gt. however, it'll take some time adjusting to the new physics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread