Got the TTSaleen back on the dyno

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Nice, how much did it make

I saw 954, no TQ that I saw.
It made 954hp and 832tq on the pull where it actually didn't have any issues.
The problem is when I tried to add more boost, at first I had spark blowout so I tightened up the gap and fixed that.
But on next pull the inlet pipe to my throttle body pulled apart and dumped boost still making 95Xhp.
I tried to fix it with another clamp, but in last pull you can see it move away from throttle body again and dump boost. The peak was 27# but quickly fell off during the pull.
Due to the late night, I decided to stop there as I had a good baseline for my street tuneup (19 #) and am going to address the pipe pulling off this week.
Next up is to plan a track outing and see how it does, cause you can't race dynos! LOL.
Ryan

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It made 954hp and 832tq on the pull where it actually didn't have any issues.
The problem is when I tried to add more boost, at first I had spark blowout so I tightened up the gap and fixed that.
But on next pull the inlet pipe to my throttle body pulled apart and dumped boost still making 95Xhp.
I tried to fix it with another clamp, but in last pull you can see it move away from throttle body again and dump boost. The peak was 27# but quickly fell off during the pull.
Due to the late night, I decided to stop there as I had a good baseline for my street tuneup (19 #) and am going to address the pipe pulling off this week.
Next up is to plan a track outing and see how it does, cause you can't race dynos! LOL.
Ryan

Beast! Look forward to the track outing! Very cool.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Beast! Look forward to the track outing! Very cool.
Yeah I've not been on the track with this car in 3 years since I broke the 6R80 on my last (and fastest pass to date) when it went a 5.80 in 1/8th.
That pass is in my opening intro when I race my buddy in the Sonic Blue Cobra.
I'm hoping for mid-5's in the 1/8th at full weight (it's 3,800 right now with me in it).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations, Ryan, on getting the bugs worked out and ending up with a safe tune making north of 950whp. You sound very happy with the results, as you should be. (y)

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Latest update on the TTSaleen and probably last one for the year.
1100rwhp and 900rwtq.
Still not maxed out as it has some slight spark blowout on the 30# pull.
Ryan

Thats awesome.. love the car. Looks pretty damn sorted out. What size are the turbos?

EDIT.. looks like 67mm turbos. Very cool.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread